2/26 Coverage map update

clbowens

6 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Not really. Two Clear to NV conversions in Seattle are now shown on the voice map, but that's all I've noticed. 

How many of the Clear sites are left to convert nationwide?

Edited by bigsnake49

25 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

I found this weird coverage map site from Sprint, I think it's a test site: https://coverageort.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

The updated date updates every day. I can't tell of any changes though. 

Interesting...it says updated today although the map is relatively out of date.

Not sure what it's for. 

30 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Interesting...it says updated today although the map is relatively out of date.

Not sure what it's for. 

Perhaps a test for "Verified Coverage" like T-Mobile does?

57 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

I found this weird coverage map site from Sprint, I think it's a test site: https://coverageort.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

Very interesting find! May I ask how you found it? Were you testing different URL's?

1 hour ago, notsrealinc said:

7 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Perhaps a test for "Verified Coverage" like T-Mobile does?

7dlb.png

Check out that Five Gee in the legend. This is something new for sure.

• Like 1

i know they have been using M-MIMO equipment outside of launch market in some cases. I noticed that Peekskill NY shows 5G coverage. Technically its with in the NYC market but 5G launches have mostly been by city not the entire market. I have a feeling this site shows coverage for all M-MIMO equipment for when they push 5G software. If you look at Dallas and Dc there are also a few blotches of 5G coverage far from the city 

10 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Very interesting find! May I ask how you found it? Were you testing different URL's?

Any url from the sprint.com domain with "ort" is a test site. Newer sites I don't think use ort anymore but many of them are internal meaning you need to be on their intranet. I guess a few of them slip through and this is one of them.

I simply used Google. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asprint.com+"ort"&oq=site%3Asprint.com+"ort"

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, notsrealinc said:

Any url from the sprint.com domain with "ort" is a test site. Newer sites I don't think use ort anymore but many of them are internal meaning you need to be on their intranet. I guess a few of them slip through and this is one of them.

I simply used Google. https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asprint.com+"ort"&oq=site%3Asprint.com+"ort"

Cool! Thanks for the info. Really nice find.

Sometimes Sprint's coverage map really frustrates me, as they severely understate coverage. I drove between Galesburg, IL and Moline, IL today and never dropped below -114 L800 although the coverage map indicates large roaming holes along the highway. They also don't give themselves enough credit going east form Galesburg on 74. I only dropped LTE once to 1x800 and it was for maybe 15 seconds, although the map indicates lots of roaming and "fair" voice coverage areas. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

The 5G map was pulled and I didn't have a chance to grab the tile URLs, unfortunately. Someone posted it on reddit and I think Sprint caught wind of it. 

As soon as I saw it on Reddit, I started counting down. Sprint patrols Reddit much more than this site.

I know of one in Minnesota in Woodbury MN off 94 by Woodbury lakes shopping center

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

On 2/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, bigsnake49 said:

There are a bunch in the Missouri Market that still needs to be converted. I've only found a few that have been converted but not many