Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

They are capable, but for an unknown reason, the TD-LTE side of the devices has been disabled for at least the next couple of weeks. So out of the box, no they will not be able to. However, Sprint says by early 2014 (hopefully sooner than later) they will push out an update to the LG G2 and Nexus 5 to enabled Tri-Band. No one is sure why this is, if we ever find out we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for the quick response on this. Is this device ID,map address (not sure if I have the right term there, forgive me please) or some other method of disabling. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way (obviously unsupported I imagine) to get past this disabling? I'm a patient person, but you know...thought I'd ask!

Thanks for the quick response on this. Is this device ID,map address (not sure if I have the right term there, forgive me please) or some other method of disabling. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way (obviously unsupported I imagine) to get past this disabling? I'm a patient person, but you know...thought I'd ask!

As of yet, we don't know. We have a few members out there with LG G2's, they have not been able to get Band 41 or Band 26 enabled successfully. So I'm assuming that until the update, we won't be able to activate those bands on our own. From what I understand, the correct APN values are not present on the phone to allow those bands to work. Without those (and there's no good way to guess what they are) you won't be able to authenticate on those bands. 

They are capable, but for an unknown reason, the TD-LTE side of the devices has been disabled for at least the next couple of weeks. So out of the box, no they will not be able to. However, Sprint says by early 2014 (hopefully sooner than later) they will push out an update to the LG G2 and Nexus 5 to enabled Tri-Band. No one is sure why this is, if we ever find out we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Perhaps the backhaul isn't ready for the influx of users yet?

As of yet, we don't know. We have a few members out there with LG G2's, they have not been able to get Band 41 or Band 26 enabled successfully. So I'm assuming that until the update, we won't be able to activate those bands on our own. From what I understand, the correct APN values are not present on the phone to allow those bands to work. Without those (and there's no good way to guess what they are) you won't be able to authenticate on those bands. 

Makes sense. 

I've gone back and forth with Sprint over the past few weeks expressing my displeasure with the experience I've had with them this past year. I want get into the whole sob story but it goes well beyond the glacial pace of the roll out of LTE in Denver. Through my work we get corporate discounts on all the big 4 carriers and have penciled it out multiple ways between Sprint and T-Mobile. I've been with Sprint for 11 years and really don't want to leave. Until the latest news picking up steam with Spark and other items such as one-up I was pretty convinced to leave. 

Hopefully you're right, sooner rather than later on the devices being able to enable on band 41 or 26. I am supposed to be getting a call back from the person in retention handling my escalation today, not looking for roses to fall from the heavens but something of a gesture would be welcome. 

Here's the skinny, or at least what I was told. 
The devices need a firmware update to access the TD-LTE side. Most of the clearwire sites are up and running but no new sites are being upgraded/installed. Rumor is that once the NV cabinets are complete and running sprint will begin to shutdown the CW cabinets and move them to the NV cabinets. This would be a bit of a process and will probably coincide with the 800LTE rollout. 

If that makes sense, yay, if not, blame the guy I got the info from.

Here's the skinny, or at least what I was told. 

The devices need a firmware update to access the TD-LTE side. Most of the clearwire sites are up and running but no new sites are being upgraded/installed. Rumor is that once the NV cabinets are complete and running sprint will begin to shutdown the CW cabinets and move them to the NV cabinets. This would be a bit of a process and will probably coincide with the 800LTE rollout. 

If that makes sense, yay, if not, blame the guy I got the info from.

All current WiMax sites will be updated to LTE. That we know. 

If he means no physically new sites, then that's true. But all existing sites will be upgraded by Spring.

We know that Tri-Band devices need a firmware update, Sprint told us that much. This is why the APNs are missing. We tried to get around it, but as mentioned above no one has been able to.

The only Clear sites that are going to get shut down are the ones that share the same site as Sprint, or are right next to a Sprint site. Otherwise, the rest are staying, and more will be added where needed to create solid coverage.

All current WiMax sites will be updated to LTE. That we know. 

If he means no physically new sites, then that's true. But all existing sites will be upgraded by Spring.

We know that Tri-Band devices need a firmware update, Sprint told us that much. This is why the APNs are missing. We tried to get around it, but as mentioned above no one has been able to.

The only Clear sites that are going to get shut down are the ones that share the same site as Sprint, or are right next to a Sprint site. Otherwise, the rest are staying, and more will be added where needed to create solid coverage.

Correct, Clearwire is definitely still and will complete the upgrade of existing sites.

Because the placard on the site facing out to the public is guarded knowledge?

If you post the site id that is physically on the sign, that is ok, but the mods may question you, so it is best to state that you actually saw the Id or even post a picture if you have one.

Because the placard on the site facing out to the public is guarded knowledge?

Sure, that is public info. But 90% of sites don't have the ID visible anywhere. If you happen to see one, we request you post proof that you did in fact find the ID in the public realm. 

Sure, that is public info. But 90% of sites don't have the ID visible anywhere. If you happen to see one, we request you post proof that you did in fact find the ID in the public realm.

Just out of couriosity, but is it the same as the signal check pro app's site id?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4

Just out of couriosity, but is it the same as the signal check pro app's site id?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4

Nope. The tower ID's on S4GRU are Sprint's internal ID. There is no correlation between them, unfortunately.

Any lte in downtown denver. It sucks having to drive to castle rock in order to get lte signal.

Doesn't look like it yet.

I know others have said it, but I just recently did it and will echo it.....spend the few dollars and make a donation to the site so you can be a sponsor and have access to the sponsor maps. The sponsor section has a tremendous amount of information that is extremely helpful.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like it yet.

I know others have said it, but I just recently did it and will echo it.....spend the few dollars and make a donation to the site so you can be a sponsor and have access to the sponsor maps. The sponsor section has a tremendous amount of information that is extremely helpful.

Upgrade so you can see what towers will be getting LTE...One day...Some day....Maybe once....In the comming months.

Upgrade so you can see what towers will be getting LTE...One day...Some day....Maybe once....In the comming months.

Just to be a smart @$$, we're more likely to have spark coverage everywhere in Denver prior to having the existing NV plan turned on.

Again, just being a jack @$$ =)

• Like 1

Just to be a smart @$$, we're more likely to have spark coverage everywhere in Denver prior to having the existing NV plan turned on.

Again, just being a jack @$$ =)

Yes I was being one. But we have been told "coming months" for a year and a half. I check the sponsors section and some of the "in progress" sites have been in progress for a year. If you called a plumber and he said he would be there in a couple days and it's now two weeks later and the only information you get is he will be there in a couple days. You too would get a little annoyed.

Since this NV update,I have no service at my house in Broomfield and had to get a T-Mobile phone for work.