Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

All the tall tales aside, northern colorado springs is going through some data woes, just like I had in San Antonio when they were upgrading sites. Intermittant connection issues and such. I remember those were resolved once the site was done with testing and fully online. Getting some dropped calls too, but again, nothing major.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4

I've had some issues sending texts lately. Sometimes they take near a minute to show as sent, sometimes it fails to send at all. Hoping it's related to some major work being done in the area. . . 

I've run into the same issue in other cities I've been through while they were working on NV.

all non praise is labeled complaining and endures light flaming its is best ignored

so since I haven't seen you in this particular forum before, I will assume that you have not seen the numerous posts that this individual has made asking the same things over, and over, and over.

To their credit, the inquiries have been less repetitive over the last 4 weeks or so, but what we have here is the classic Boy who cried wolf scenario.

I was in Golden yesterday and picked up weak LTE near Washington and CO-93.  This was probably around 6pm give or take an hour.  What time did you pick up LTE?

I was headed home on US6 yesterday and when I came to the intersection with CO-93 in Golden I had full LTE coverage for about a mile north on 93 and then I fell back onto the 3g network.

so since I haven't seen you in this particular forum before, I will assume that you have not seen the numerous posts that this individual has made asking the same things over, and over, and over.

To their credit, the inquiries have been less repetitive over the last 4 weeks or so, but what we have here is the classic Boy who cried wolf scenario.

it is not reasonable to expect anyone to find an answer in a topic with 805 posts. of course 4g in denver is broad and watching it grow is the point. if it is not possible for a lead to switch a post to an appropriate forum then it would be better post a link to the answer. ignoring is more productive than sniping
  • Like 1

it is not reasonable to expect anyone to find an answer in a topic with 805 posts. of course 4g in denver is broad and watching it grow is the point. if it is not possible for a lead to switch a post to an appropriate forum then it would be better post a link to the answer. ignoring is more productive than sniping

it is definitely reasonable to expect that someone who has been posting in that forum multiple times a week basically since the thread was started wouldn't have to ask questions in regards to topics that are actively being discussed.

Again, I have not seen you in this particular forum so I'm giving you the benefit of not having been exposed to her/him before, but spend five minutes and look at the individuals history before deciding that the rest of us are unreasonable.  I assure you, she/he has been as actively involved in this thread as anyone else has from day one and has had every bit of information available to him that the rest of us do.  She/he insists on asking what essentially amounts to the exact same question every week. 

Edited by xiutehcuhtli
  • Like 1

1) I have no idea what you're trying to say here. 

2) This is the CO market forum. You're in MA. Wrong turn somewhere??

• Like 2

I was headed home on US6 yesterday and when I came to the intersection with CO-93 in Golden I had full LTE coverage for about a mile north on 93 and then I fell back onto the 3g network.

Huh. No sensorly data on it. I think we all know how this goes. . . "sensorly or . . ."  :)

See if it's there next time you're through there and for the love of Pete, map that mo-fo.

• Like 1

Huh. No sensorly data on it. I think we all know how this goes. . . "sensorly or . . ."   :)

See if it's there next time you're through there and for the love of Pete, map that mo-fo.

Actually, that's not TOO far from the LTE tower at Genesee. I suppose it could have been some random bounce through the canyon.

Edit...damn, can't ever get multi quote to work. This was a reply to this quote also"

mdholt21, on 30 Sept 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:snapback.png

Hopefully sensorly comes out with an iOS7 compatible app....I'd be happy to pitch in for the war effort!

Huh. No sensorly data on it. I think we all know how this goes. . . "sensorly or . . ."   :)

The range on that Genesee tower is rather short.  I'd be very surprised if thats where it was coming from.  I wonder if they were testing one of the sites in the area (the one at Mines perhaps)?

Actually, that's not TOO far from the LTE tower at Genesee. I suppose it could have been some random bounce through the canyon.

Edit...damn, can't ever get multi quote to work. This was a reply to this quote also"

mdholt21, on 30 Sept 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:snapback.png

I doubt it's the Genesee tower. Terrain between the tower and where the signal was received would preclude that. If it was C099, there should have been a signal a lot further north than just one mile from US-6 & 93 (the tower itself is nearly one mile N of the intersection). I'm banking on C100 or the Mines tower. 

it is definitely reasonable to expect that someone who has been posting in that forum multiple times a week basically since the thread was started wouldn't have to ask questions in regards to topics that are actively being discussed.

Again, I have not seen you in this particular forum so I'm giving you the benefit of not having been exposed to her/him before, but spend five minutes and look at the individuals history before deciding that the rest of us are unreasonable.  I assure you, she/he has been as actively involved in this thread as anyone else has from day one and has had every bit of information available to him that the rest of us do.  She/he insists on asking what essentially amounts to the exact same question every week.

look through his posts again. half of the replies are insulting (IMHO). clearly he doesn't understand the answers when he gets them, and this is not a help desk. but it is a waste of space to insult people. it creates trolls, when you could just ignore them. I am visiting my family here in Colorado, not lost.

I drove by 99 Sunday and didn't pick up LTE...it dropped off on the way up to it.  Based on my drive (up 6 right from 470 onto 19th, through town on Washington to 93) I think its the site on Mines campus. 

I doubt it's the Genesee tower. Terrain between the tower and where the signal was received would preclude that. If it was C099, there should have been a signal a lot further north than just one mile from US-6 & 93 (the tower itself is nearly one mile N of the intersection). I'm banking on C100 or the Mines tower. 

I was at the first crossing of Lookout Mountain Road on the Chimney Gulch Trail yesterday and was pulling a decent LTE signal. It was the first one I've been able to run a speedtest on, 5mbps down, 3mbps up, ~100ms ping. If that was the Genesee tower, it was going through the earth.

• Like 2

I called in about not getting calls, but getting voicemail notifications.  They said the sites serving Uptown/eastern edge of downtown were seeing higher than usual blocked and dropped rates.  They said it had been happening since 9/18.

I've had some issues sending texts lately. Sometimes they take near a minute to show as sent, sometimes it fails to send at all. Hoping it's related to some major work being done in the area. . . 

I've run into the same issue in other cities I've been through while they were working on NV.

I called in about not getting calls, but getting voicemail notifications. They said the sites serving Uptown/eastern edge of downtown were seeing higher than usual blocked and dropped rates. They said it had been happening since 9/18.

Sounds about right. Been getting dropped calls by pikes peak community college rampart range campus.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 4