Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

When the full LTE goes live you will know it. They can't bring up individual sites as they are completed as the NV and legacy equipment can't talk to each other properly. When it happens it will be huge and it will be entire clusters at a time. You are only seeing the sites as they are being tested for a short time.

Each site is activated individually. This is the case across the country. It will not be different in Colorado. LTE is available for public use as soon as the site is ready.

In some markets the 3G 1x side is brought online in clusters to mitigate legacy to NV handoff issues. But in more markets than not, this isn't an issue.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Just a FYI guys - merlin actually does work on sprint cell sites and he appears to be talking about NV 3G as he's speaking of legacy and network vision sites "talking" to each other (aka handoffs). 

Just a FYI guys - merlin actually does work on sprint cell sites and he appears to be talking about NV 3G as he's speaking of legacy and network vision sites "talking" to each other (aka handoffs).

The hazards of posting mobile, can't always tell who's who.

Though it looks to me like he's taking about LTE.

Sent from my HTC ONE

My bad on the terminology. I was talking about the 3g. But specifically, I have heard rumors from managers about bringing on the LTE in clusters alongside the 3g cluster switch. Either way, there appears to be a big shift coming very soon. The NV shipments are drying up. Could mean more focus on acceptance in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

My bad on the terminology. I was talking about the 3g. But specifically, I have heard rumors from managers about bringing on the LTE in clusters alongside the 3g cluster switch. Either way, there appears to be a big shift coming very soon. The NV shipments are drying up. Could mean more focus on acceptance in the next few weeks.

Just as our internal sources indicated. Mass acceptance and integration of sites to begin in all markets in the next 3 months alongside LTE 800 deployment!

• Like 1

I don't think we're supposed to post specific towers that went live in this this thread, but I will say that those with sponsorship status know which tower in Golden was accepted with LTE in the last report. I saw work being done on a tower in Brighton earlier today. Things are certainly moving along and once they get the backhaul figured out, we're going to be lit up like a Christmas tree!

• Like 1

I don't think we're supposed to post specific towers that went live in this this thread, but I will say that those with sponsorship status know which tower in Golden was accepted with LTE in the last report. I saw work being done on a tower in Brighton earlier today. Things are certainly moving along and once they get the backhaul figured out, we're going to be lit up like a Christmas tree!

what tower in Brighton if I may ask?  

what tower in Brighton if I may ask?  

North of 160th and just east of Highway 85. If the trend holds, though, I would expect the NV hardware to be installed and then you'll have to wait for LTE to be activated for sometime. There are A LOT of towers with the hardware installed all over the metro area, yet very few are accepted and live. But when it happens, it's going to happen FAST!

North of 160th and just east of Highway 85. If the trend holds, though, I would expect the NV hardware to be installed and then you'll have to wait for LTE to be activated for sometime. There are A LOT of towers with the hardware installed all over the metro area, yet very few are accepted and live. But when it happens, it's going to happen FAST!

yeah, I saw some guys there the other day.  Brighton actually has pretty decent coverage east of about 6th, this would make the west side of town so much better.

Okay, time for some dirt.

The Sprint network backhaul (switch side and branches) is near completion. The only slowdown is the "last mile" backhaul of getting the fiber to the sites. This is done by outside contractors and they are well behind schedule. The network will be ready Jan. 1st. and the 'last mile' should be completed within a couple months of that (weather permitting).

As for the sponsor maps, I am considering a huge data dump to get the Denver area updated. There are easily 2 or 3 times as many "in progress" sites completed than are up there. It might give you guys a better perspective on why the 'last mile' is taking forever, those guys are SWAMPED.  

• Like 6

Okay, time for some dirt.

The Sprint network backhaul (switch side and branches) is near completion. The only slowdown is the "last mile" backhaul of getting the fiber to the sites. This is done by outside contractors and they are well behind schedule. The network will be ready Jan. 1st. and the 'last mile' should be completed within a couple months of that (weather permitting).

As for the sponsor maps, I am considering a huge data dump to get the Denver area updated. There are easily 2 or 3 times as many "in progress" sites completed than are up there. It might give you guys a better perspective on why the 'last mile' is taking forever, those guys are SWAMPED.  

Will Sprint's new network upgrades include the Aurora, 80016 zip code, or are they skipping this area? Whenever I look at the network.sprint.com website, it seems that there are no towers in my area. Unless I just don't know what I'm looking at. 

Edited by mjfadaway

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a few months and had a few questions about the Grand Junction and surrounding markets. From the maps I have been looking at the towers have for the most part been upgraded to NV, is that correct? If so is that as far as it is going to go for quite some time or should we expect 4g at some point? Also our voice and data service has been absolutely terrible for the past month or so. Is this due to the new equipment not being hooked up to the new "backhaul" structor? Sorry for all the questions I just have not seen much info on the western slope, if there is a thread or something I missed in my search for answers please direct me to the correct forum. 

My zip code is 81415

Will Sprint's new network upgrades include the Aurora, 80016 zip code, or are they skipping this area? Whenever I look at the network.sprint.com website, it seems that there are no towers in my area. Unless I just don't know what I'm looking at. 

Donate, become a sponsor and you can see all the towers that are slated to be NV upgraded, have been NV upgraded (and what parts of NV have been accepted by Sprint), and what sites are "in progress" based on user and contractor information. That's the easiest way to answer your question and you get a lot more info as well. 

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a few months and had a few questions about the Grand Junction and surrounding markets. From the maps I have been looking at the towers have for the most part been upgraded to NV, is that correct? If so is that as far as it is going to go for quite some time or should we expect 4g at some point? Also our voice and data service has been absolutely terrible for the past month or so. Is this due to the new equipment not being hooked up to the new "backhaul" structor? Sorry for all the questions I just have not seen much info on the western slope, if there is a thread or something I missed in my search for answers please direct me to the correct forum. 

My zip code is 81415

This is probably better put in the sponsors forum, since you are a sponsor and we're talking about the NV sites complete maps, so I'll address that aspect of it in a PM to you. As far as 4G, yes, the hardware is in place and all that need to be done is acceptance of LTE. It could be delayed due to many factors, but the most common reason is currently lack of backhaul being complete to the towers. I've had data issues in various cities I've been to throughout the US as they are working on NV. Sometimes, I can't send texts. I've never had voice issues, but I suppose I don't spend a whole lot of time using my phone as a phone these days. 

Are we looking around February to March then?

How much of our Colorado weather plays into this? If we get a heavy snow winter, are we possibly looking more March to April?

Sent from me phone

Running underground fiber through frozen ground is significantly harder. I would guess it should be progressing nicely by March.

Yes, it is coming to 80016. I would recommend an upgrade to sponsor maps but it appears to be blank in that area for the time being. I plan on fixing some of that incompleteness in the near future.

My zip code is 81415

There are hardly any legacy sites remaining in Grand Junction. Look for your 4g to go live sooner than Denver (December?). I would guess that your connection woes are mostly due to the transition taking place rather rapidly and in an area with few sites that double cover. 

Hey Merlin , do you know Anything about Arvada-Westminster area by any chance ? I don't see any towers in the sponsors maps that show any work in the area ..,,

I don't see anything North-West of I-70 and I-25.  This is probably a conversation for the Sponsors forum though.