Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Hi there I have been following this form for a few months now but can anyone give me information in my area? 81063

Spend a few $$ and become a sponsor. We can't give you info that is restricted to sponsor level. Just do it; you can spend as little or as much as you want. If you can afford your internet service fees, and you really want to know about your local area, or any other area for that matter, you can certainly afford a few extra dollars to support the site and ensure it remains viable. 

• Like 2

Spend a few $$ and become a sponsor. We can't give you info that is restricted to sponsor level. Just do it; you can spend as little or as much as you want. If you can afford your internet service fees, and you really want to know about your local area, or any other area for that matter, you can certainly afford a few extra dollars to support the site and ensure it remains viable. 

Fully agree. Just do it, won't regret it. Took me too long to get on board and I'm happy I finally did.

Good news! The Colorado Springs area has seen all sites move to 3G accepted! All clusters are now complete, and sites with LTE ready will begin to trickle in over the next couple of weeks, as well as seeing 1x800 activated. 

We should see clusters begin to be accepted in the Denver area over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3

I liked the 41 updates to CO, until I looked at the map. . . 

But, it looks like Samsung is making strides with the switching issue in our area at least. Good outlook for LTE coming in droves in the not too distant future, hopefully. 

Yes I did the same thing, looking at 41 updates, until I saw where they were.

I can't wait. Tired of my co workers who have Verizon while I'm chilling on 3G at 100k down.

Sprint is a sleeping giant, patience I must have!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I liked the 41 updates to CO, until I looked at the map. . . 

But, it looks like Samsung is making strides with the switching issue in our area at least. Good outlook for LTE coming in droves in the not too distant future, hopefully. 

Yes I did the same thing, looking at 41 updates, until I saw where they were.

I can't wait. Tired of my co workers who have Verizon while I'm chilling on 3G at 100k down.

Sprint is a sleeping giant, patience I must have!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Don't worry! The deadline for getting the majority of sites complete in Samsung markets is late December to early January. Most markets are beating this deadline. Once a market reaches majority complete, we'll see the clusters come online, first with 3G and 1x800 (where applicable) and the LTE will trickle in on a site-by-site basis in the days and weeks afterwards. We know that a huge number of sites already have equipment installed, with more everyday, so Denver should reach the tipping point soon.

I'm in Dallas and 4g service sucks, am getting 1.2 megs and not even one up, I hope once they deploy 4g in Denver it's not going to be like that

I was in Vegas last week, the LTE speeds I got just about all over town were as slow as 3G here in Denver. 200k ish.

Indy back in August was around 10M and Ardmore Oklahoma just up I-35 from Dallas was about 12-15. It's pretty hit and miss, in some cities I've never had any issues and in others I've had nothing but problems. At first I thought it was just a small area of the city that I happened to be in but I end up making many visits around town when I'm out for work so.....yeah. Some factors at play for sure but indeed it's frustrating. Good friend of mine here in Highlands Ranch off of 470 and Lucent has Verizon and inside the office on LTE is nearly always close to 18mbps.......frustrating yes but better things to come for us from the sounds of it!

I'm in Dallas and 4g service sucks, am getting 1.2 megs and not even one up, I hope once they deploy 4g in Denver it's not going to be like that

I've never had good luck in the DFW area either. I can connect to LTE, but often I get no data transfer or very very slow data. This is between DFW and a few miles north (Grapevine) and out to the NW in the Trophy Club area. Chicago on the other hand is killer from ORD along the L to downtown.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was in Vegas last week, the LTE speeds I got just about all over town were as slow as 3G here in Denver. 200k ish.

Vegas has had horrific speeds since at least last summer on 3g. It was unusable at the airport. A few days ago, I had pretty good LTE coverage from the airport east a few miles, but 3g was just a battery suck, no data flowed. No lie.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Vegas has a very, very low percentage of sites actually broadcasting LTE. As the number of sites broadcasting LTE goes up, so should the average speeds. Right now each sites is carrying more people than it is meant to. I saw the same thing happen in KC. When we had only a few sites online, speeds were not all the impressive. Now that virtually all sites are complete, speeds average between 10-15 with higher peaks. 

Dallas on the other hand, is one of those high congestion, low spectrum cities. It will likely take "Spark" and 800MHz LTE before speeds even out.

Denver is in a much better position with Spark already live over much of the city, and LTE getting ready to be launched on 1900MHz and 800MHz nearly simultaneously. 

• Like 1

Don't worry! The deadline for getting the majority of sites complete in Samsung markets is late December to early January. Most markets are beating this deadline. Once a market reaches majority complete, we'll see the clusters come online, first with 3G and 1x800 (where applicable) and the LTE will trickle in on a site-by-site basis in the days and weeks afterwards. We know that a huge number of sites already have equipment installed, with more everyday, so Denver should reach the tipping point soon.

What is this deadline you speak of for Samsung markets? I don't recall hearing about this.

What is this deadline you speak of for Samsung markets? I don't recall hearing about this.

It's been whispered through the lines from sources. It's a Samsung thing, mainly because they can't bring any LTE online without also have the 3G cluster online, so they are pushing to get as much done as possible as quickly as possible. It's been well known for some time that Samsung want's to be the first OEM finished with NV.

It's been whispered through the lines from sources. It's a Samsung thing, mainly because they can't bring any LTE online without also have the 3G cluster online, so they are pushing to get as much done as possible as quickly as possible. It's been well known for some time that Samsung want's to be the first OEM finished with NV.

*Whisper*Whisper*

• Like 1

how do I do that

Unlikely. The fiber to the sites are usually a small operation from the local company node to the site.

Someone posted this link a while ago in this thread: http://www.zayo.com/interactive-map.  It seems to indicate that there is a lot of fiber to be run (or that has been run) so it is possible that it could be Sprint though you (Merlin) would know more than I would.  If there is doubt about whether this is related to Sprint, look at the end of the lines of fiber and you will find Sprint towers.

On another note, I've seen a few towers near my parents' house in Highlands Ranch with new antennas.  Once they go live, hopefully the horrible coverage at my parents' house will improve (they are literally in the center of a ring of towers). They have an airave which helps.

• Like 1

Someone posted this link a while ago in this thread: http://www.zayo.com/interactive-map.  It seems to indicate that there is a lot of fiber to be run (or that has been run) so it is possible that it could be Sprint though you (Merlin) would know more than I would.  If there is doubt about whether this is related to Sprint, look at the end of the lines of fiber and you will find Sprint towers.

On another note, I've seen a few towers near my parents' house in Highlands Ranch with new antennas.  Once they go live, hopefully the horrible coverage at my parents' house will improve (they are literally in the center of a ring of towers). They have an airave which helps.

1)

Yes, Zayo is handling a bit of the fiber. Most of their connections are from existing network connections to sites. Century Link is also handling quite a bit more connections. It's hard to explain exactly the relationship between the two. Basically, whichever network of fiber is closer gets connected up. Zayo is a bit ahead of CL in this game.

2)

Highlands Ranch is tricky because they don't allow non-stealth towers. Good luck telling which sites are which.