Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

That tower has been converted for a few months, I've never seen it lose LTE service since it went active though.  If you check out the sensorly (www.sensorly.com) map you can get a better idea of where the towers are active. 

So question with the sensorly app. Does the app run in the background? Do I need to run the speeds test portion or is this all automatic in the background? 

So question with the sensorly app. Does the app run in the background? Do I need to run the speeds test portion or is this all automatic in the background? 

You can have it run in the background after you open it and start mapping a trip, or you can have it run at "opportunistic" times on its own. Speedtests have to be run by you. For the record, the updated app is junk. I reverted back to an older version with Google maps layer and better functionality.

You can have it run in the background after you open it and start mapping a trip, or you can have it run at "opportunistic" times on its own. Speedtests have to be run by you. For the record, the updated app is junk. I reverted back to an older version with Google maps layer and better functionality.

I never let it run in the background or start mapping by itself. That's a death knell for your battery. 

The new Sensorly beta with Google Maps returned and some UI tweaks should be available soon.

• Like 1

I only map trips when it's plugged in and I make sure to kill it when I'm done mapping the area of interest. 

I kind of liked the UI tweaks, but the map change and the horrific lag that was introduced was unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Starting to get weary of a smart phone that is useless anywhere with out wifi.  Any news on anything in the Grand Junction area? We've been getting 20kbps for a couple months now, sometimes 100kbps.

The only thing I've heard is things are further along in GJ than in Denver.

Starting to get weary of a smart phone that is useless anywhere with out wifi.  Any news on anything in the Grand Junction area? We've been getting 20kbps for a couple months now, sometimes 100kbps.

According to Merlin, you've got good news coming soon:

There are hardly any legacy sites remaining in Grand Junction. Look for your 4g to go live sooner than Denver (December?). I would guess that your connection woes are mostly due to the transition taking place rather rapidly and in an area with few sites that double cover. 

The tower at willow and county line rd. Is getting fiber. I talked to the workers and they say it's sprint. I never noticed my job was right next to a tower. XD. The holidays came early for me.

Edited by DE7573
  • Like 2

The tower at willow and county line rd. Is getting fiber. I talked to the workers and they say it's sprint. I never noticed my job was right next to a tower. XD. The holidays came early for me.

Thanks!

That's right by the Sprint store.  The annoying skeptic in me wonders if they'll activate it long before the rest of south metro gets LTE just so they can show off 4G speeds in store.

I hate how local sprint salespeople told us LTE was imminent in 5/2012.  Pity party over.  ;0

• Like 1

My work computer.

:-)

Edit: 40.086340000, -104.98472000000 are the registered coords, see for yourself.

Okay thanks. 

I have taken a look before, but I know there were two towers at that location. The coordinates you gave do in fact show it is the tower being worked on. That is good news, ready for LTE on my drive to work.

Here's a question. I apologize if this maybe a bit uninformed, but after reading this thread for months and following the Denver market closely (yes, I'll put in the obligatory it's been painful comment, lol) I wanted to pose this to the group here.

With the Nexus 5 finally becoming official today, and other Tri-Band handsets becoming available it made me think.....

A few months ago, Robert posted http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-30?hl=%2Bviva+%2Btri&do=findComment&comment=173065 that he was getting LTE via a Tri-Band Mifi device along I25, Park Meadows Mall was called out specifically.

Would these new tri-band handsets be able to pick up the signal from these acquired clear wire sites that have been converted or will we still be waiting longer?

Here's a question. I apologize if this maybe a bit uninformed, but after reading this thread for months and following the Denver market closely (yes, I'll put in the obligatory it's been painful comment, lol) I wanted to pose this to the group here.

With the Nexus 5 finally becoming official today, and other Tri-Band handsets becoming available it made me think.....

A few months ago, Robert posted http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-30?hl=%2Bviva+%2Btri&do=findComment&comment=173065 that he was getting LTE via a Tri-Band Mifi device along I25, Park Meadows Mall was called out specifically.

Would these new tri-band handsets be able to pick up the signal from these acquired clear wire sites that have been converted or will we still be waiting longer?

They are capable, but for an unknown reason, the TD-LTE side of the devices has been disabled for at least the next couple of weeks. So out of the box, no they will not be able to. However, Sprint says by early 2014 (hopefully sooner than later) they will push out an update to the LG G2 and Nexus 5 to enabled Tri-Band. No one is sure why this is, if we ever find out we'll be sure to let everyone know.