Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Now I could live with that...I might have to break down and get an s2 even though I think samsung is the devil just so I can get some work done. Its gotten to where I cant even download attachments for work unless Im on wifi using my g2 or iphone.

I hear ya. I'm not going to lie, I had the EVO 4g WiMAX and though to myself... I kinda wish I still had it for the fact it was still 4G.

Unfortunately I do not have it anymore. Work and home have no LTE yet. So patience will resume on my end.

I hope the WiMAX works out for you. Might as well considering it's better than being on the legacy 3G network right now.

Sent from my iPhone 5s 32GB using Tapatalk

Just Mapped E-470 North of Quincy. 

Was driving through Gun Club today and noticed LTE there for the first time. Surprised they started LTE there as there is literally nothing there except for a dump and a highway. Couldn't get a good speedtest as we drove by pretty fast outta there. 

Just Mapped E-470 North of Quincy.

Was driving through Gun Club today and noticed LTE there for the first time. Surprised they started LTE there as there is literally nothing there except for a dump and a highway. Couldn't get a good speedtest as we drove by pretty fast outta there.

You know I have noticed looking at the sensory maps. It looks like they are upgrading towers over in the outskirts and rural areas of colorado first. Starting with smaller cities, gj, springs, castle rock, golden, and Idaho springs.

The only area in the metro area that seems to be lot up is Northglenn and parts of Thornton.

You know I have noticed looking at the sensory maps. It looks like they are upgrading towers over in the outskirts and rural areas of colorado first. Starting with smaller cities, gj, springs, castle rock, golden, and Idaho springs.

The only area in the metro area that seems to be lot up is Northglenn and parts of Thornton.

I put this in the "Comments related to NV sites" thread, but figured others in Colorado that haven't heard this already should see it.

A great majority of sites already have equipment installed. Due to the eCSFB issues, Samsung switched from activating each site when ready, to waiting until NV 3G can be brought online before activating LTE. For Samsung, NV 3G must be brought online in clusters. Once they switch back to integrating, you will see several waves of acceptances, whole clusters of sites accepted at once. If LTE is ready, that will be brought along as well. 

This does mean you have to wait longer for acceptances, however "switches" will be thrown all at once. So a trade off.

• Like 3

Do you guys know if WiMAX is still up and running here in the Denver area? I'm thinking of getting an evo or s2 so I can deal with these horrible data speeds until the nv build out is done.

As a former Wimax user I'll tell you that Wimax was very spotty in Denver and had horrible building penetration. It might not be that much on an improvement, especially with LTE very close now.

Given variance, can you elucidate as to the size range of a cluster of sites?

Depends on if we're talking a "switch" cluster, or a maintenance cluster. From my understanding there are roughly 5 clusters for Denver.

As a former Wimax user I'll tell you that Wimax was very spotty in Denver and had horrible building penetration. It might not be that much on an improvement, especially with LTE very close now.

2500MHz can't pass through objects very well but is super fast. Same with 1900. But that 800LTE is gonna be sexy indoors. 

• Like 1

Since this NV update,I have no service at my house in Broomfield and had to get a T-Mobile phone for work.

How is the t-mobile signal in your house?  Do you get LTE there?

• Like 1

It's a older phone but I get 3-4 bars. I've never seen it drop below 3. I would switch but I have 5 lines on Sprint and it would be more of a pain. I Just got a airwave from Sprint and that has helped. No longer getting voice mail from people who called and my phone never received a call. One day they will flip the magic switch and services Will be back to manageable levels.

• Like 1

It's a older phone but I get 3-4 bars. I've never seen it drop below 3. I would switch but I have 5 lines on Sprint and it would be more of a pain. I Just got a airwave from Sprint and that has helped. No longer getting voice mail from people who called and my phone never received a call. One day they will flip the magic switch and services Will be back to manageable levels.

PM you exact location, or even your neighbors address. I need to see this for myself. 

Confirmed. 15KB/s Down, 70KB/s up. You do get one bar of clearwire out there. I was parked outside the two addresses you gave me to test. I'll check in on what's going on. The signal is decent out there but the throughput sucks. 

It drives me crazy.  I walk around the neighborhood and I can see the tower just can't get anything out of it.  That rocks that you came out here and checked it!!!

• Like 1

It drives me crazy.  I walk around the neighborhood and I can see the tower just can't get anything out of it.  That rocks that you came out here and checked it!!!

Good to know they are trying to take care of you, and that if you really needed to there are other carriers that seem to work well in your area.  One of my friends ported his 5 line account over to tmo, i guess it only costs like 110 bucks a month.  Pretty dirt cheap.  And since no contract, he can port back when Sprints network is further along.

I have 1x 800 voice on my s4 in northern part of colo springs near academy and woodmen I guess they have finally turned on 800 mgz here in Colorado springs!!! I used to get 1 bar now I have 4 to 5 bars now so good.

That is really fantastic to hear! Thank you for sharing keeping us updated!

im a sponser but I look at map and none of towers say 800 could they have turned it on today then??

That is probably a good chance it has not been updated on a maps or that information has not been reported. From what I have heard, the maps are outdated at certain parts from certain time to time.

So I think this is a very high possibility that this is the case.

im a sponser but I look at map and none of towers say 800 could they have turned it on today then??

It was just updated a few moments ago, but if you check out the maps now you'll notice that a large cluster of sites was just accepted on the northern half of Colorado Springs. Samsung has been doing cluster acceptances lately, and bringing 1x800 online at the same time as the 3G acceptances. This is likely where you are seeing the 1x800 come from. We get 1x800 acceptances from a different source, so you probably won't see them turn blue (3G/800) until next week.

• Like 1

Can you provide a rough area of where this is? I have the same problem on Smoky Hill down by Southlands mall.

I'm at Smoky Hill and Tower. Zero service in the parking lot at the post office/bank/Sonic. Just an X. I get a few bars in front of my house, which is about a half mile south west, but zero bars inside about half of my house. Flips to roaming a lot. I get an X in my garage.

It used to be fine, but the past few months I am lucky if I can break 15-18k down.

Happ