Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

20 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

They'd better leave that as an option for the foreseeable future or until Tmo sweeps in and works their magic. 

They gave me the option of delaying the change.  Since I have no plan to use either of them, I may just let it happen.

19 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

I had the S9+, upgraded to Note 10+. Quickly killed VoLTE. Calls on 1x are amazingly more reliable and penetrate very deep into buildings and even basements. Perfectly clear. On LTE? I'm lucky to make it 15 or 20 feet inside of a building and the call breaks up and cuts out entirely.  They'd better leave that as an option for the foreseeable future or until Tmo sweeps in and works their magic. 

VOLTE may sound much better if you are in a good signal area and it works correctly.  The issue is poor signal areas. VOLTE does not work well there and everybody knows it. Walk into a well built building when on band 41 and watch VOLTE start crashing.  The phone may transfer to band 25 or even band 26, but even still, the LTE just does not have the range as good ole CDMA. My s9 is still on CDMA and will stay there probably for a long time.

My s9+ on AT&T has been on VoLTE since I got it almost 2 years ago and I can't think of a single time I've had issues with it. Even in weak signal or highly congested areas. I have to turn wifi calling off at my office because our firewall on our guess network screws it up, but calls are fine on B2 or B12 at -120 RSRP and worse. T is much denser here than Sprint but still, most of the issues people are experiencing seem to be isolated to Sprint. 

Just got the text from Sprint that my phone will receive an update, finally. It seems weird that they are notifying people.e1f39d78f3996e57518274a5e1bc3c19.jpg

For kicks I checked for updates manually and it still says no update available. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Just got the text from Sprint that my phone will receive an update, finally. It seems weird that they are notifying people.e1f39d78f3996e57518274a5e1bc3c19.jpg

For kicks I checked for updates manually and it still says no update available. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well it's not 2/24 yet so... 😀

2 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Well it's not 2/24 yet so... 😀

I know but my AT&T phone and lots of people on here have already gotten it. So I thought I'd check again.

While beta testing I noticed my SD card was formatted and would randomly not show up in storage option- also photos I took with SD card as the storage area disappeared after about 10 minutes (even after viewing the photos in gallery)  pretty big bug to not be fixed 

• Like 1

I don’t know what everyone is talking about with VoLTE being bad. In my experience calls are clearer than my ATT VoLTE. Also first root scores came out today and guess what? They used a S9 last year with calling plus and Sprints calling scores tanked. Now they are using the S10 5G for Sprint and the Note 10+ 5G for the other three carriers and Sprint calling score have skyrocketed across the board using VoLTE. One test jumped from 75(calling plus) to 95(VoLTE).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I don’t know what everyone is talking about with VoLTE being bad. In my experience calls are clearer than my ATT VoLTE. Also first root scores came out today and guess what? They used a S9 last year with calling plus and Sprints calling scores tanked. Now they are using the S10 5G for Sprint and the Note 10+ 5G for the other three carriers and Sprint calling score have skyrocketed across the board using VoLTE. One test jumped from 75(calling plus) to 95(VoLTE).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is interesting. I assumed they tanked (Sprint's call scores)due to crappy voice over LTE. I should have checked that.  I still can't use VoLTE here in Atlanta because it's absolutely horrible.  I don't really care though because I use wifi if I need data while on a call.  But that's extremely rare that I would ever need data while on a call anyway. 

1x still greatly outperforms VoLTE as far as in building use in my experience, hence why I don't use it. I can't even make a clear call in my own apartment on VoLTE. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just noticed that I am roaming onto a B71 T-Mo tower at home, and am still able to connect to VOLTE!  As far as I can tell this is something new, previously when roaming on T-Mo it would drop out of VOLTE

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, narf said:

Just noticed that I am roaming onto a B71 T-Mo tower at home, and am still able to connect to VOLTE!  As far as I can tell this is something new, previously when roaming on T-Mo it would drop out of VOLTE

VoLTE was enabled this week.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...