CCA/RRPP live date?

3rd zoom level on the "3G & More" setting brings up the roaming areas.

Oh wow I totally missed that. Wonder if they'll add it o the LTE/Spark map. Hopefully they will as native. Roaming just looks bad in general.

Are there any RRPP partners in North Dakota? I know there were some rumblings a while back about a possible Sprint buildout but I don't know what became of that...

I don't believe there are currently any partners in North Dakota. We have speculated about a potential build out there, mainly along interstates, but nothing has been confirmed or denied by Sprint at this point.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any update on who US Cellular is in negotiations with for an LTE roaming deal. It's seems like a year ago that the news article came out saying that Sprint and US Cellular were performing network testing. Then not too long after that article it was reported that US Cellular was in negotiations with an undisclosed national carrier for an LTE roaming deal. Also, I have observed that most US Cellular handsets that have been released since then have been identical to the sprint models with band 26 and 41.

If they are in negotiations, what would be the hold up? Could it be MFBI deployment that they are waiting on?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Im itching for USC.  Im on the other side here in the East, and roam on USC a bit.  Not even 3G! 

I am pretty sure that no one in Tennessee is allowed to say USC or Lane Kiffin or USC or Steve Spurrier.

And it is USCC, by the way.

AJ

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that no one in Tennessee is allowed to say USC or Lane Kiffin or USC or Steve Spurrier.

And it is USCC, by the way.

AJ

They do business as U.S. Cellular so USC should be just as accurate.

But if you go to uscc.com, it takes you to US Cellular. I think its their preferred abbreviation.

- Trip

Look, im lazy. It's USC.

USC domain is used already. That doesn't really count. Then www.uscellularcorporation.com doesn't go anywhere and can actually be purchased right now by anyone. Then www.uscellular.com works and that gets abbreviated to USC. They do business as USCellular which gets abbreviated to USC.

So I fail to see why USC =! US Cellular. USC = USCC just as much as US Cellular = US Cellular Corporation.

If they want to go as USCC then they should at least own the domain to their actual corporate name, lol.

• Like 1

Look, im lazy. It's USC.

USC domain is used already. That doesn't really count. Then www.uscellularcorporation.com doesn't go anywhere and can actually be purchased right now by anyone. Then www.uscellular.com works and that gets abbreviated to USC. They do business as USCellular which gets abbreviated to USC.

So I fail to see why USC =! US Cellular. USC = USCC just as much as US Cellular = US Cellular Corporation.

If they want to go as USCC then they should at least own the domain to their actual corporate name, lol.

Uh, USCC.com works.  So, there.

Like it or not, in public discourse, USC is the University of Southern California.  Try a Google query on "USC" -- every top link will be to the university.  Not to US Cellular.  And definitely not to the University of South Carolina, which ridiculously tries to call itself "USC."

US Cellular understands that, hence USCC.

AJ

• Like 2

Are there any RRPP partners in North Dakota? I know there were some rumblings a while back about a possible Sprint buildout but I don't know what became of that...

SRT was mentioned in the initial presentation in march, which would be in the Minot area. But I haven't heard anything new on Sprint and ND coverage recently. I'll be out in the Bismarck area in mid August, so we'll see if anything is shaking then.

Great discussion here on the CCA/RRRP issues with Terry Addington, CEO of MobileNation, who is a CCA/RRRP partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if there is or will be an RRPP parter in North Georgia specifically in Clayton, GA (Rabun County)?

I see there is a carrier that appears to be more Central GA called PS Data Wireless but that seems to be it.  Didn't know if anyone knew anything else.

Also, are all of these RRPP partners providing just data, or will there be voice as well?

Anyone know if there is or will be an RRPP parter in North Georgia specifically in Clayton, GA (Rabun County)?

I see there is a carrier that appears to be more Central GA called PS Data Wireless but that seems to be it.  Didn't know if anyone knew anything else.

Also, are all of these RRPP partners providing just data, or will there be voice as well?

Can't answer the Georgia question, but true RRPP partners have to build out a Sprint compatible network. However, some CCA members than have opened up roaming to Sprint aren't a part of the RRPP per say, they just signed onto the CCA roaming hub. The roaming hub creates a market for roaming that doesn't require carriers to all do individual roaming deals with each other.

The partner in East Kentuky, I believe Appalachian Wireless, are they psudeo-native or does that go against the roaming data allowance?

It was roaming for me. 300MB limit as normal.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

At least it's 3G, and possibly LTE in the future!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Yeah, better then the 1x data for sure!

Though not sure we can expect LTE. They are a rural roaming ppartner with VZW. I haven't verified, but I think the only LTE they are deploying is VZW B13.

Yeah, better then the 1x data for sure!

Though not sure we can expect LTE. They are a rural roaming ppartner with VZW. I haven't verified, but I think the only LTE they are deploying is VZW B13.

Same with Carolina West Wireless. They are partners with both Sprint and Verizon, and the Sprint 3G roaming is 100% native, but unfortunately they have only deployed B13 LTE :(

• Like 1

Same with Carolina West Wireless. They are partners with both Sprint and Verizon, and the Sprint 3G roaming is 100% native, but unfortunately they have only deployed B13 LTE :(

Fortunately they're a Sprint RRPP member, so they're obligated to eventually deploy Sprint LTE or drop out of the program.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So with TMo joining the reciprocal roaming hub, does that mean they could work out a deal to roam with Sprint through the hub?

So with TMo joining the reciprocal roaming hub, does that mean they could work out a deal to roam with Sprint through the hub?

Yep. If they so choose.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 3