Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

i thought wifi had to be off to do a prl update

Nope I've done it on wifi. I was going to a newer version so I definitely know it worked.

It's too bad there isn't a way to manually write a PRL like on some other phones.

Sent from my Nexus 6

So is band 26 rf as strong as band 25 or the same.i thinking jumping ship soon , so done with samsung notes.

Its about the same. Nexus 6 hold band 25 like no phone before it. Band 26 is really good too. I would say its the same.
  • Like 1

Got the factory image last night. Stagefright free now.

And a single release for all mobile providers, unlike 5.1.1 where T-Mobile and Fi users received individual branches. Nice and simple.

-Mike

• Like 1

And a single release for all mobile providers, unlike 5.1.1 where T-Mobile and Fi users received individual branches. Nice and simple.

-Mike

I noticed volte is still here but wifi calling is gone for T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Got the factory image last night. Stagefright free now.

I updated to the newest release LMY48i. I messed around and got encrypted again. My device ran just a tad bit slower but the battery life difference was major. I ended up decrypting again now my battery life is back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I updated to the newest release LMY48i. I messed around and got encrypted again. My device ran just a tad bit slower but the battery life difference was major. I ended up decrypting again now my battery life is back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I don't know what's up with battery life and encryption. Maybe it's because it has to do more.

• Like 2

I don't know what's up with battery life and encryption. Maybe it's because it has to do more.

Does not updating the boot loader when upgrading the radio cause the radio to not function properly? The reason I ask is because normally I don't upgrade the bootloader just the radio when flashing updates ROMs. When I flashed the latest ROM with the stage fright fix I upgraded the bootloader. Now I've noticed that my Nexus 6 hangs on the LTE longer and it rescans for LTE connection faster. This is using the same radio just with an upgraded bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 6

No its not. Then again it's not final. It feels more like Android 5.5 rather than 6.0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is some new things. Look at the signal icon when it is switching networks.a9b7bb3943382eb991f3656f06cc6e6b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have been noticing substantial on screen time with this preview. I didn't want to post it here unless it was consistent and I have been getting 5 hours minimum of on screen time after this build. In the 3 days I have been testing it. This is stock and encrypted btw. fa1681ac6eb7989d7310c065765573f3.jpg

• Like 7

I have been noticing substantial on screen time with this preview. I didn't want to post it here unless it was consistent and I have been getting 5 hours minimum of on screen time after this build. In the 3 days I have been testing it. This is stock and encrypted btw.

Wow, that battery life is incredible!

• Like 1

Those having missed incoming calls when connected to WiFi and LTE.

If users don't report this issue this will never get resolved, call sprints executive # and report it. Be very specific, let them know when WiFi and LTE are connected at the same time.<br />

The phone # on the better business bureau website will get you to executive customer service.

http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/business-reviews/telephone-communications/sprint-corporation-in-overland-park-ks-98010534/

I wonder how the 2015 models will compare to the 6

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think we both will be great phones but I'm not interested in either one. I'm still satisfied with my Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

Not sure if this has already been brought up but is anyone else experiencing burn-in on the top and bottom of their N6?

IIRC the N6 uses an AMOLED screen, so that's normal. (And it's the reason I prefer a nice LCD over an AMOLED. I love the recent Moto hardware design, but AMOLEDs really make me question it.)

IIRC the N6 uses an AMOLED screen, so that's normal. (And it's the reason I prefer a nice LCD over an AMOLED. I love the recent Moto hardware design, but AMOLEDs really make me question it.)

The 2015 Moto X Style/Pure Edition display is LCD.

AJ

• Like 1