Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

No surprise data doesn't work on a call... Just curious why SCP shows signal for CDMA and LTE simultaneously

Glitch happens.

AJ

Has anyone else noticed with the android m preview the battery lasts a lot longer? I forgot to plug in my phone last night and it was around 92% I woke up with it at 89%

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://m.androidcentral.com/checking-out-doze-android-m-developer-preview

• 3 weeks later...

Just kinda curious if this is just my device or if it's my tower at work. (I guess I haven't tested at home because I have full bars lte there so I never have issues) at work 95% of the time I have 3g its great works good pretty zippy. No complaints there, but I'm having an issue with is my phone will latch to weak b26 and have no data and this happens very often now compared to before. I don't know if 5.1.1 caused the issue or not but I swear I have to toggle airplane mode every couple minutes on lunch to get data back. And it's not like b26 is unuseable at this spot because after I toggle airplane mode I'll have lte and it works fine. It's like my phone doesn't like switching from 3g to b26. Because every time (at least in this location) when it first switches there is no data until you toggle airplane mode.

Edit: and also does the same switching from b26 to 3g get the explanation point and no data.

Edited by eljayyy91

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-6-best-android-flagship-you-can-buy-today

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Nexus 6.

I really wish the Nexus 6 wasn't so big.  I seriously would have considered it otherwise. I like flashing custom mods onto my devices and the Nexus is the king for that.  I have high hopes for this year's Nexus device.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Nexus 6 doesn't have CA on band 41?  Sorry I looked around and couldn't find it. Thanks. 

2G/3G/4G LTE

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Model XT1103 (Americas):

CDMA band class: 0/1/10

WCDMA bands: 1/2/4/5/8

LTE bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41

CA DL bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

Think I found the answer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned my Nexus 6 for almost 5 days now and I'm already realizing the benefits of this devices awesome radio. For example I don't drop LTE when my phone is in my pocket like my M8 did at times. The radio doesn't seem to be as susceptible to interference from things like hands of clothing fabric. Something that I mentioned in the premier sponsor section that I'll say here to is that there is some satisfaction when your LTE signal isn't listed as 1 bar all of the time. I feel like the way bars are represented on my Nexus 6 is actually representative of network performance thanks to its use of signal strength and SNR.

• Like 4

I've owned my Nexus 6 for almost 5 days now and I'm already realizing the benefits of this devices awesome radio. For example I don't drop LTE when my phone is in my pocket like my M8 did at times. The radio doesn't seem to be as susceptible to interference from things like hands of clothing fabric. Something that I mentioned in the premier sponsor section that I'll say here to is that there is some satisfaction when your LTE signal isn't listed as 1 bar all of the time. I feel like the way bars are represented on my Nexus 6 is actually representative of network performance thanks to its use of signal strength and SNR.

What pushed you to try the Nexus so late in its release cycle? I've been contemplating the same move to the device, but honestly like htc audio quality. Which for me is actually a thing that kept me from buying the Nexus 6 originally to replace my One max!

What pushed you to try the Nexus so late in its release cycle? I've been contemplating the same move to the device, but honestly like htc audio quality. Which for me is actually a thing that kept me from buying the Nexus 6 originally to replace my One max!

The quality of the audio on HTC devices is better but the Nexus 6 is louder by a long shot and still manages to be really clear. The camera is awesome and there are apps like Manual Camera that work really well if your into "pro" photography like myself. The phone is snappy and has a better radio than pretty much any phone I've ever used. It also comes unlocked from the get-go if you purchase it directly from Sprint, the Google Play Store, or Motorola. Updates are available on Day 1 which is so satisfying! Apps are made with your device in mind. Apps like Instagram, Vine and Snapchat all work impeccably with little to no video and audio compression so it feels like you're on an iPhone.

Basically, I'm glad I got this phone.

EDIT: Build quality isn't bad either. The metal ring around it makes it feel very premium and it is a heavy device so it makes it feel that much better.

• Like 3

The audio quality on the N6 is way better than anything else I've used. Stereo speakers on the front, like HTC devices. And the volume and clarity is good. It may not be quite as good as an M8 or M9, but probably next runner up.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 6

Both of you gentlemen, are trying to have me part with money that I don't have but my particular hobby is to buy things I don't need. And I'm very close to doing so! I'm going to have to mull this over a little bit more.

• Like 4

Both of you gentlemen, are trying to have me part with money that I don't have but my particular hobby is to buy things I don't need. And I'm very close to doing so! I'm going to have to mull this over a little bit more.

I'm in the same boat. Too bad I missed the Lightning deal on Amazon the other day where they were selling the 32GB version for $399 [emoji58]
  • Like 1

My Nexus 6 will not perform a PRL update.  Latest is 55026 and I am stuck on 55023.  If you manually go in and do a "check for PRL update" or "Update device config" it just says checking but never does anything.  I tried *#*#72786#*#* and it reboots and tries to do the hands free activation after reboot but doesn't finish successfully.  After that there is no voice available (calls go straight to voicemail) but LTE still works.

Anyone have any ideas to try!?!?!?

No only the rim around the side is metal

That is true, however, due to wireless charging the phone does have a smallish spot that will be attracted to a magnet.  The problem is the phone is so large, it doesn't work well.  I have an existing iMount that I used for my N5 and it does not work well with the N6.

Does the N6 have enough metal in the back to stick to a magnetic mount like the N5 does?

That is true, however, due to wireless charging the phone does have a smallish spot that will be attracted to a magnet. The problem is the phone is so large, it doesn't work well. I have an existing iMount that I used for my N5 and it does not work well with the N6.

Thanks
  • Like 1

Try connecting to WiFi before doing prl and profile update

i tried at a couple diff locations, both of them i was connected to wifi.

Anyone else have really poor battery life?

I hate having to resort to battery saving mode since the performance decreases by a lot and I don't get push notifications. On another thing this phone tremendously overheats when charging. I've gotten temperatures up to 125 degrees.