Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Yes I am.

If or when band 12 roaming goes live, my guess is that a profile update will be required to enable band 12 -- but not brick the handset.  We know from plenty of experience that a profile update can alter band settings/priority.

AJ

• Like 3

Oh, OK. Yeah, I have access to that. But with an AT&T SIM card in, it still shows only B12/B25/B26/B41. I was hoping to be able to turn off AT&T Band 17. AT&T will force me to stay on B17 at work, even though B4 is 10x10 instead of 5x5 and runs 30-40Mbps versus 500kbps. And the B4 has a more than adequate 100-105dBm RSRP. But AT&T insists I stay on B17 and deal with sub 1Mbps speeds.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would believe it is because I tether my laptop and I have a 30GB plan. A coworker of mine has a Moto X 2014 and can use B4 all day in my office. But with my Nexus 5, Nexus 6 and Moto X 2014, I get parked on B17. And when it will park on B4, I will get shunted down to the lower performing B17 as soon as I start doing anything meaningful.

It's very annoying and I'd love to be able to turn off B17 while I am at the office.

It doesn't have the ability to alter At&t or Verizon bands.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the odds are this will also include Sprint wifi calling? http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/22/nexus-6-android-5-1-1-update-with-t-mobile-wi-fi-calling-should-hopefully-roll-out-this-weekend/

Sent from my Nexus 6

Thought the very same thing... I don't really need it, but it would help at a couple of the hospitals I frequent with Verizon DAS and poor Sprint service in the basement.

• Like 1

I wonder what the odds are this will also include Sprint wifi calling? http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05/22/nexus-6-android-5-1-1-update-with-t-mobile-wi-fi-calling-should-hopefully-roll-out-this-weekend/

Sent from my Nexus 6

Probably zero. T-Mobile uses an entirely different and newer type of WiFi calling.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Has anyone else seen the Nexus 6 lose LTE and instead of dropping to 800, it goes to 3G?

What is this word "lose"?  How is that even pronounced?  Like "LOZE"?  I think you mean "loose" -- because that is apparently pronounced "LOOZE."

;)

AJ

• Like 1

What is this word "lose"? How is that even pronounced? Like "LOZE"? I think you mean "loose" -- because that is apparently pronounced "LOOZE."

;)

AJ

I think it's pronounced l - oh - seh like compression ;)

I think it's pronounced l - oh - seh like compression ;)

Okay, I think I understand.  For example, my name is Asswipe Johnson.  But my first name constantly gets mispronounced.  It is "AHS-WEE-PAY."  It boggles my mind why people cannot see that.

AJ

AJ: sometimes your comments irk me, and other times I completely share your sentiment. This is one of those times, or the other

I thank you for that endorsement -- or not.

AJ

So.... Is that a no?

N6 radio performance has been excellent, including switching between bands. 

I have heard of it dropping all connectivity for a few moments. But I have yet to experience that.

I've had a couple situations where I should have been within 2500 range, that my phone had dropped to 3G. I don't know if it's just an area issue or something larger. I've only been using this new phone since Friday.

I get bunted down to Faux G on AT&T too. Half the time it will not go back to LTE unless I cycle airplane mode. I did not have that issue with my Moto X 2014. Just the Nexus 6. And that is regardless of streaming.

The RF characteristics of this phone are better than any device I've ever had. Even slightly besting my Nexus 5 and the Moto X 2014.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

I've had a couple situations where I should have been within 2500 range, that my phone had dropped to 3G. I don't know if it's just an area issue or something larger. I've only been using this new phone since Friday.

I hardly ever see 3G, but when it does drop, it jumps back on LTE at a moments notice. Its probably the best radio out of any android phone.

It could be related to your area.

0220cb2d782da63f8676733e9300e87a.jpg

Sweet, but I'll wait before upgrading. I'm sure google is going to screw the initial release up and send out 5 more updates to fix it.

Edit- factory image on google sites says T-Mobile only for some reason.

5.1.1 (For T-Mobile Only) (LYZ28E)

I'm sure it will work on other carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sweet, but I'll wait before upgrading. I'm sure google is going to screw the initial release up and send out 5 more updates to fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm sprint and just received the update notification...
  • Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm sprint and just received the update notification...

It's just general bug fixes, but it does add baked-in wifi calling for T-Mobile. I wonder if it does the same for sprint? Or, did sprint already have it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

It's just general bug fixes, but it does add baked-in wifi calling for T-Mobile. I wonder if it does the same for sprint? Or, did sprint already have it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

We do not have wifi calling.  Doesn't sound like it will be added for Sprint either, :(.

Thanks for the heads up, had just received the OTA but am unlocked / rooted. Just downloaded and fastbooted, back in action on 5.1.1.

Let us know if it includes Wi-Fi calling.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1