Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

I've never had a notification saying it was using quick charge. The easiest way to tell is to charge it for a few minutes using the quick charge outlet, then use a quick charge 1.0 (2A 5V, so like a tablet charger or a Galaxy S4 charger) or non quick charge (1A 5V) and look at the battery stats.

A quick way to do this is to wait until it shows the estimated time until charged information on the lockscreen. See how much they differ with the different chargers. Quick charge 1.0 is twice as fast as an old standard adapter. And Quick Charge 2.0 is about 1.5x as fast as Quick Charge 1.0 (ie 5W for standard, 10W for QC 1.0, and 15W for QC 2.0).

Sent from my Nexus 6

Thanks. 

i have the d build and i constantly keep loosing data connection. have to cycle airplane mode even though im on band 41 at -90dm

I have this also happening to mine. Once or twice a day.

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Nexus 6.

Hey Guy's I just got this device last week and I'm not sure if it's been mention but how does one can get to the priorities band menu? I tried the debug and data thing in the dialer but didn't work so I'm guessing it's a different code, does anyone know it? Thanks in advanced.

Hey Guy's I just got this device last week and I'm not sure if it's been mention but how does one can get to the priorities band menu? I tried the debug and data thing in the dialer but didn't work so I'm guessing it's a different code, does anyone know it? Thanks in advanced.

*#*#DATA#*#*
  • Like 1

Has anyone figured out how to pull the MSL for these devices?

Mine is '000000'; I'm not sure why it would be different on any other Nexus 6 (I got mine from Amazon). Option B would be to change devices online on your account, and swap back again; the MSL is given to you as part of the swapout process for use in case Hands-Free Activation doesn't work.

Has anyone figured out how to pull the MSL for these devices?

It's super easy through sprint chat. For my last couple of devices I've always asked "I need the ##xxxxxx# (xxxxxx being your MSL) code for line [your number]" and they've never hesitated in giving me the info.

• Like 1

It's super easy through sprint chat. For my last couple of devices I've always asked "I need the ##xxxxxx# (xxxxxx being your MSL) code for line [your number]" and they've never hesitated in giving me the info.

This has been my experience, but I'm on an EPRP plan so I don't know if that makes any difference. I've always just stated "LTE debugging" as my reason and they've given it to me with no complaints. Keep calling back until you get someone who will do it for you.

There used to be a way on the N5 to grab it from logcat while opening the 3282 menu. I just tried it on my N6 and it doesn't seem to show up, unfortunately.

I was stupid, and enabled band 12 again. Phone battery died, when i turned it on. the Sim issue started again. In the process of reflashing everything. At least now I can upgrade to the E build LOL.

For future info i have found that all you need to reflash is the radio if this issue continues to occur.  and as you should know thats a pretty quick process.  I have been playing around a bit and it wasnt just Band 12 enabling that caused the issue for me.  I played with band priorities and same thing happened.  So maybe its linked to that.  Sounds like you reflashed everything?  My belief is just that the radio needs to be reset if it happens.  Maybe I am way wrong.  But reflashing the Radio worked like a charm.

Kevin

I wonder if pulling the Sprint SIM and putting in a T-Mobile or AT&T SIM would work as a workaround short of a complete reflash. Not going to test it myself but I suspect it would reset the radio settings and let you swap back in the Sprint SIM without problems.

I wonder if pulling the Sprint SIM and putting in a T-Mobile or AT&T SIM would work as a workaround short of a complete reflash. Not going to test it myself but I suspect it would reset the radio settings and let you swap back in the Sprint SIM without problems.

good question.  answer is no in my experience thus far.  I tried...  It did not recognize any of the sim cards.  Only way ive found thus far to fix this is to reflash the radio, which took all of 2 minutes, only downside was having to connect to a computer to do so.  Have had no issues if I don't mess with LTE bands.

• Like 1

Define limit... The back camera shoots at UHD 4K. Front camera best is HD 1080P.

Like the S5, S6 can record 4k for 5 mins and the M9 for 6 mins. Does the Nexus 6 have a limit to how long it can record in 4K?

Like the S5, S6 can record 4k for 5 mins and the M9 for 6 mins. Does the Nexus 6 have a limit to how long it can record in 4K?

Oh, I'm sorry.  I had no idea.  I assumed it was just based on available memory. Haven't taken a video longer than 5 minutes.

EDIT: I just read a couple of forums on the S5 and S6 length requirements and it looks like they have a timer that shows how much time is left.  That is not the case with the N6, so I have to assume it does not have a max length.

I'm still on the d build of 5.1. Does LMY47I fix memory leak. Plus how long does it take for the ota

The fix appears to be in 5.1.1, which isn't up yet for the N6.

I found something I would consider pretty major with the N6. Previously with every phone I have owned including LG G2, Nexus 5 and GS5 Sport and all of them have had a limitation that I will explain. The Nexus 6 is the first phone that I have come across with the ability to turn off band 25 completely and the other bands will still work. Example, I can turn off band 25 and 26 while keeping band 41 it will only search for band 41 and 3G. Previous phones had to have band 25 active to have any LTE so you could disable band 26 and 41 but always had to have a minimum of 2 bands to have band 26 or band 41 so the network always decided between the two. Now you can choose the bands yourself. If you don't want band 25 or 26 just turn them off to turn your nexus into a single band 41 phone. Pretty major if you ask me since this is the first phone that I have seen capable of this. I'm wondering if the G Flex 2, M8 and GS6 can also do this?

• Like 2

just a warning that i set b26 and b41 to 0 (disabled) and left b25 at 1.

after reboot my phone was bricked, wouldn't boot up.

had to do a reformat to get it up an running again.  not a big deal for me, but would be for many others...

I did the same thing to mine. It bricks if you set the priorities but if you just choose what band to turn on or off then its fine.

just a warning that i set b26 and b41 to 0 (disabled) and left b25 at 1.

after reboot my phone was bricked, wouldn't boot up.

had to do a reformat to get it up an running again. not a big deal for me, but would be for many others...