Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

If you are relying on Signal Check Pro don't. Since upgrading to Marshmallow Google screwed up the LTE info that SCP uses. I was thinking that I was on band 25 alot until I checked the LTE engineering screen manually. For some reason Google's info is reporting that every band is band 25.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hmm you're right. LTE Discovery displays the correct info, but Signal Check Pro and the LTE engineering screen do not. The engineering screen is missing information that LTE Discovery shows.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just noticed something a little strange after the 6.0 update with the calculator app. In the top left corner it says "RAD." I can't figure out what it means and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this or if it's just something that's just there now.

Hey guys, I just noticed something a little strange after the 6.0 update with the calculator app. In the top left corner it says "RAD." I can't figure out what it means and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this or if it's just something that's just there now.

Radians. It can be toggled to degrees by swiping from the right side. It changes how trigonometric functions work.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

Radians. It can be toggled to degrees by swiping from the right side. It changes how trigonometric functions work.

Hey, now, math is hard.

No, not really.

:P

AJ

Something weird happened today. I got a text message and when I looked at it it was spam message. I looked at the details and it was from an email address. The messaged said "it had a proposition for me for the less fortunate..." blah blah blah and asked for my email for more information.

How could my phone number receive a text from an email? I am using Google's stock Messenger app and my N6 is completely stock, no root or unlocking. I responded "unsubscribe" and deleted it. There was no link and I wouldn't have clicked it if there was.

Should I be concerned with some sort of hack? I shouldn't have responded and just deleted it. 

P.S. it was from "davadavid899@gmail.com."

Edited by HTCandroid

How could my phone number receive a text from an email? I am using Google's stock Messenger app and my N6 is completely stock, no root or unlocking. I responded "unsubscribe" and deleted it. There was no link and I wouldn't have clicked it if there was.

Try sending yourself a test e-mail to SMS by using your 10 digit phone number (NPANXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com).  That portal is over 15 years old, but it may still be open.

AJ

• Like 1

There is an email to text gateway that is used for both text and MMS.  MMS is different than the SMS address.  I use them both daily for alerts and pages which i believe was the original use for them.

Try sending yourself a test e-mail to SMS by using your 10 digit phone number (NPANXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com).  That portal is over 15 years old, but it may still be open.

AJ

Tried doing that with a hotmail account and two different gmail accounts (one with a school domain). I remember the hold messaging through pcs, I tried about a year ago to login in and it wouldn't let me. I assumed Sprint shut all of that down, I could be wrong.

There is an email to text gateway that is used for both text and MMS.  MMS is different than the SMS address.  I use them both daily for alerts and pages which i believe was the original use for them.

So, the NPANXXXXXX@pm.sprint.com service is still available?  Even though Sprint shut down Picture Mail in 2014.

AJ

Why is it with every other update to android we lose hidden screens for changing LTE band priority/disabling LTE bands??? I was happy to get it back with the update from 5.0.1 to 5.1 and now from 5.1 to 6.0 it seems they have reverted once more...

I'm sorry if this was mentioned prior, I haven't been on here in a long while so I haven't gotten the chance to review previous posts...

Why is it with every other update to android we lose hidden screens for changing LTE band priority/disabling LTE bands??? I was happy to get it back with the update from 5.0.1 to 5.1 and now from 5.1 to 6.0 it seems they have reverted once more...

I'm sorry if this was mentioned prior, I haven't been on here in a long while so I haven't gotten the chance to review previous posts...

We lose functionality one update at a time. The less the masses know, the more they can distort and mislead them.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Try sending yourself a test e-mail to SMS by using your 10 digit phone number (NPANXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com). That portal is over 15 years old, but it may still be open.

So, the NPANXXXXXX@pm.sprint.com service is still available? Even though Sprint shut down Picture Mail in 2014.

Both methods still work.. thanks for the MMS address, I've been looking for something like that! Going to make my boss very happy..

-Mike

Anyone knows if the Nexus 6 will get native wifi calling on Sprint?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We don't know a definite answer, but the prevailing thought is we will not get it because Sprint is using a different implementation of wifi calling.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I love/hate my Nexus 6. Mixed emotions.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jax6ctlv0uo0pl7/2015-11-29%2015.42.18.png?dl=0

I ask them to make the Sprint Zone Nexus 6 friendly so I can better report poor signal areas. I know it isn't on the Play Store, yet they tell me to update something I don't have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9d5m0dadegj02q/2015-11-29%2015.43.42.png?dl=0

I provide coordinates and signal conditions stating that their signal sucks in a given area and they respond with this. I'm not sure what isn't up to date, but the last time I did that, it worked just fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl099l1td6dsn8q/2015-11-29%2015.43.58.png?dl=0

I provide screen shots of device config and PRL updates being successful, and they send this.

*sigh*

Oh, I forgot my main point of coming here in the first place....

Anyone know if any device config updates have any bearing on what I'm asking about?

Also, I have 5.1.1 (build number ending in a Z), yet it keeps prompting me to install 5.1.1, which obviously fails. Any idea with what's up with that? Maybe that's what Sprint is actually seeing?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay I know not many people like big phones... But I love the 6" form factor, I just love the screen size. I have yearly upgrades and actually thinking about not upgrading because everything is smaller, and I don't want my upgrade to feel like a downgrade, so I'm just wondering how many out there feel the same, and if you could upgrade now, would you upgrade to any phones Sprint offers at this point?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

em... no B41 CA. Is there a list of devices that support B41 CA?

The 6p does, if you want to stick to the Nexus line. The screen is a tad bit smaller (same resolution though), but I've found it makes one handed use a little easier.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

The 6p does, if you want to stick to the Nexus line. The screen is a tad bit smaller (same resolution though), but I've found it makes one handed use a little easier.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

How about 5X & Moto X pure?