iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I ALMOST got an iPhone 6 today but the corporate store tried to force me off my EPRP plan, then after they were magically able to keep that plan after I insisted they could they tried to force me into TEP and said it was store policy. The guy also got pissy when I started asking questions and glanced over at the computer screen. I said F it and left.

I'm not looking forward to the TEP discussion when I go to get my phone. I like AppleCare+, and I'm going to stick with it.

• Like 2

I'm not looking forward to the TEP discussion when I go to get my phone. I like AppleCare+, and I'm going to stick with it.

He tried to convince me to get sprint insurance because sometimes apple will just be like, ohp, nothing we can do. I was like eh, I've never had that issue.. I'll stick with applecare but thank you.

They then tried to up sell accessories lol. My personal experiences with AppleCare are great, so I'll be buying calling up tomorow to get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

They asked me, but only once and wasn't pushy at all.  I think they kind of assumed I was just trying to get out of there as quick as possible after dealing with their system being down for almost an hour.

• Like 1

He tried to convince me to get sprint insurance because sometimes apple will just be like, ohp, nothing we can do. I was like eh, I've never had that issue.. I'll stick with applecare but thank you.

They then tried to up sell accessories lol. My personal experiences with AppleCare are great, so I'll be buying calling up tomorow to get it.

My preorder slip says "128GB Silver Kit" - I hope that doesn't mean I have to buy a case. I just got my Spigen from Amazon. :)

My preorder slip says "128GB Silver Kit" - I hope that doesn't mean I have to buy a case. I just got my Spigen from Amazon. :)

Im waiting for my button stabilizers to come in. I can't use the case until they do because the volume and lock button hardly work lol

First impressions of the phone (from an ex android guy):

- The display is great!  I have the regular iPhone 6 and the colors are fantastic, and the blacks are incredible.  With the Space Gray model, I literally can't tell where the display ends when the background is black.  I wasn't sure if it would feel like a downgrade from the N5 or G2 since they both have 1080p displays, but the colors are much better and overall I think this display is much better.

- The RF performance seems pretty much the same as the N5 on the newer radios.  I drop LTE at the same areas (while in my building's elevator while in the basement where the parking garage is), but the 3G performance seems great!  I was pulling down 2.30 mbps with a -105 dBm signal on 3G!  The device seems to pick up LTE much, much faster than either the N5 or G2.  While coming up the elevator, it picked LTE up again before I got into my apartment (30 seconds).  I can't evaluate the device on B41 though since there aren't any live sites around here. 

- Everything is fast and fluid while navigating around the phone.  This is my first time with TouchID and I must admit that I will probably use it.  I initially thought it was just a gimmick, and I wouldn't use it but it saves a lot of time in the App Store.

- The phone itself is really great looking.  I have the Space Gray model, and I have no complaints in the style of the device...  well maybe the huge top and bottom bezels, but with them it seems similar in size to my N5 which I enjoy.  The Silver model, that my wife has, is also very attractive.

I can't wait till some of the sites with B41 antennas installed start going live around here...  From what I have heard, it seems to perform almost the same as B25 on this device.

If anyone has any suggestions for someone new to the iPhone as a whole, please share.  I had a iPhone 4S for a couple months at my old job about a year ago, but I never really got into it.  It was 3G only of course, and on Verizon which has the WORST 3G network around here.  I don't think I ever had a speedtest over 250 kbps with it. 

• Like 6

Finally switched to the Apple side. I'm now an owner of an iPhone 6 64gb! I had no issues buying the phone, but the people who were getting theirs activated after me had issues because apparently their system was down for a bit. It's going to be an interesting transition since I've been on Android since 2011... But. I have to say the RF performance on this device beats the Nexus 5. Especially in the B41 department. Which is excellent.

• Like 5

Im waiting for my button stabilizers to come in. I can't use the case until they do because the volume and lock button hardly work lol

I'm going naked with it.  I haven't dropped a phone in years, knock on wood.  Both my G2 and N5 are in flawless condition which will hopefully help the resell value when I put one of them on Swappa (I can't sell both...  I may need an Android fix from time to time)

• Like 1

Finally switched to the Apple side. I'm now an owner of an iPhone 6 64gb! I had no issues buying the phone, but the people who were getting theirs activated after me had issues because apparently their system was down for a bit. It's going to be an interesting transition since I've been on Android since 2011... But. I have to say the RF performance on this device beats the Nexus 5. Especially in the B41 department. Which is excellent.

That is awesome to hear. I thought this thing super glued onto b41, and I've never had a b41 capable phone... Yay!

• Like 3

I'm going naked with it. I haven't dropped a phone in years, knock on wood. Both my G2 and N5 are in flawless condition which will hopefully help the resell value when I put one of them on Swappa (I can't sell both... I may need an Android fix from time to time)

I'll need to see how the display holds up with scratches. My kids (2 & 5) can get awfully tough.

I'm going naked with it. I haven't dropped a phone in years, knock on wood. Both my G2 and N5 are in flawless condition which will hopefully help the resell value when I put one of them on Swappa (I can't sell both... I may need an Android fix from time to time)

I lie and tell myself I am going to use a case. 2 weeks later I take it off and have intervals of case on case off for the remainder of the ownership of the phone lol

• Like 3

No status change on my Sprint.com order status. I hope that 4-6 weeks is a gross over estimate. Come on Sprint and Apple...over deliver!

Are you getting the 6+ ? ... I noticed today no change on the Sprint "order status" website.. so called them... I was told my iPhone 6+ should ship in about 5 days.. on the site there is nothing..

- The RF performance seems pretty much the same as the N5 on the newer radios.  I drop LTE at the same areas (while in my building's elevator while in the basement where the parking garage is), but the 3G performance seems great!  I was pulling down 2.30 mbps with a -105 dBm signal on 3G!  The device seems to pick up LTE much, much faster than either the N5 or G2.  While coming up the elevator, it picked LTE up again before I got into my apartment (30 seconds).  I can't evaluate the device on B41 though since there aren't any live sites around here. 

If anyone has any suggestions for someone new to the iPhone as a whole, please share.  I had a iPhone 4S for a couple months at my old job about a year ago, but I never really got into it.  It was 3G only of course, and on Verizon which has the WORST 3G network around here.  I don't think I ever had a speedtest over 250 kbps with it. 

RF performance is killer and scan times seem almost instant from a 3G drop perspective. I hop back on LTE within 30 seconds usually.

And yes, suggestions for new iPhone users like me would be awesome. Still trying to get used to this dramatic change lol

• Like 2

I lie and tell myself I am going to use a case. 2 weeks later I take it off and have intervals of case on case off for the remainder of the ownership of the phone lol

Haha yeah.  I did that with my G2 initially.  I will definitely get a case for my wife.  Her G2 is beat up and she had a Otterbox Defender case installed on it from day one. 

Any suggestions for a stylish case that can withstand some abuse? 

Got my 6 - Space Grey 64GB. Activated at home. A quick online chat to change my plan to the new $50 Unlimited. Easy as can be. My aging eyes love the bigger screen.

I assume you have the zoomed view instead of the standard view.

• Like 1

It is. Maybe a few apple nerds /geniuses could dive into the deep dark corners of ios and find out if it's possible with the less controlled ios 8....

I'm honestly surprised there is no app out there. But then again the way Apple is with their overprotected iOS environment, maybe it's not that surprising.
  • Like 1

Wait times in excess of an hour to pick up my preorder - it's the full court accessory press at my Sprint Store.

45 minutes from closing, and this place is still packed. It's crazy.

• Like 1