iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

This is the first time I have had to use Time Machine, and am very happy that I had it. Downloaded public beta last night and woke up this morning and tried it out. Outlook does not work for me and I could not use log me in, which is what I use to work remotely. Had to restore simply because of that. 

Extremely simple. I am surprised and will continue using time machine forever doing daily back ups.

Anyone been using wifi calling lately? I remember awhile ago it seemed like we were better off not using it. Just wondering if things have changed.

I use wifi calling daily at work. Never had any issues, it's been fantastic for me as all providers have issues in my building.

• Like 1

Is anyone having problems keeping a wifi connection? My other devices are keeping a connection but my iPhone will lose it as soon as start to stream media. I've reset the device as still no go. I seriously don't want to go to the Apple Store to get a replacement cause this will be my 3rd iPhone.

Also, has anyone been able to create and add music to a playlist without having iCloud music library enabled? I don't wan to see all of my music that I have in the cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, has anyone been able to create and add music to a playlist without having iCloud music library enabled? I don't wan to see all of my music that I have in the cloud.

Not sure about the wifi problem, but to your iCloud Music Library problem, the answer is no. You're not allowed make playlists/make available offline/etc. without iCloud Music Library enabled. Which is really dumb, since iCloud Music Library kinda breaks people's library's.

-Anthony

For the wifi issue try clearing your network settings through settings and then reset. You'll lose all of your saved wifi passwords so be aware of that. It's helped me with weird connection issues a few time though.

Public beta 1 is running pretty good on my phone so far. I think the reason why they have iCloud turned off is in case you had to go back to signed software you didn't have a backup of software you could no longer use as your most recent backup. ( read it slow. It makes sense I swear. Lol. )

I'd rather have a for sure backup on my iTunes over that anyways.

Before I take the plunge, can I easily downgrade back to 8.4 if I don't like it, or if I have problems?

Sent from my iPhone 6

make sure you do a full encrypted backup of your phone first. If you have an Apple Watch unpair it! (forces an watch backup to the phone). follow the procedures on the public beta website!

Now if you decide to return to 8.4 you need to do an DFU restore. try to make the decision to fall back sooner then later as you will only restore to that backup you did before and everything you have on the phone (messages...) will be from the backup only. 

Wow, you guys are having a lot of issues with Carrier Bundles and what not, maybe it's just me but my phone hasn't had any issue with switching bands or holding a signal. If anything the only thing I've noticed is crappy LTE speeds but that's only in certain places and I blame Sprint and their lack of B41 everywhere. Everything else has been cool and im on iOS 9 Beta 3 with Carrier bundle 20.6.7.

For those of you on iOS 9 beta on your phones, does Field Test populate information properly every time, or does it give issue like on iOS 8?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

For those of you on iOS 9 beta on your phones, does Field Test populate information properly every time, or does it give issue like on iOS 8?

Well I'm sitting on a clear tower and it populated with 20 MHz very quickly. It used to take forever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk 2.0

• Like 1

Well I'm sitting on a clear tower and it populated with 20 MHz very quickly. It used to take forever.

Thanks. On 3G and 1x is my biggest problem, and I'm in a decent signal area, and nothing will populate. [emoji35]

I guess I should upgrade my phone to iOS 9 Public Beta.

Thanks. On 3G and 1x is my biggest problem, and I'm in a decent signal area, and nothing will populate. [emoji35]

I guess I should upgrade my phone to iOS 9 Public Beta.

3g populated fine for me just now. Actually the first time in a while I've run a speed test in 3G since I always have LTE. Was decent speeds.

• Like 1

Updated it to what? 20.1 is the latest version, and I'm on 19.1 thanks to nahum's little trick.

-Anthony

Does 19.1 work better than 20.0? And I was wondering if 20.1 was the latest version on 8.4 because there are posts from people on iOS 9 who were on a higher carrier bundle. Just wondering if that applied to 8.4 as well and if so, if it showed improvement.

Also, were you able to jailbreak iOS 8.4 when running iTunes 12.2? Taig is saying it can't find the Apple/iTunes driver?

Does 19.1 work better than 20.0? And I was wondering if 20.1 was the latest version on 8.4 because there are posts from people on iOS 9 who were on a higher carrier bundle. Just wondering if that applied to 8.4 as well and if so, if it showed improvement.

Also, were you able to jailbreak iOS 8.4 when running iTunes 12.2? Taig is saying it can't find the Apple/iTunes driver?

iOS 9 beta uses a higher carrier bundle, but it isn't available to people who aren't on the beta.

And no, I wasn't able to jailbreak with 12.2 installed. I had to downgrade to 12.1.2 or something of that nature in order to jailbreak.

-Anthony

• Like 1

On the last couple most recent stock carrier bundles I was noticing a lot more drops to 1x, my phone would seem to hesitate to even find a 3G signal to latch onto when LTE dropped. However on the iOS 9 beta the carrier bundle seems to have fixed most of those issues. I've been holding on to LTE a lot better than I was in the past.

• Like 4

Proof that this carrier bundle thing is a problem. Been sitting in the movie theatre for 15 minutes now. 3 bars of 3G on iOS 8.4, along with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. Dad's sitting next to me, on iOS 9 beta 3, with 3 bars of LTE. ????

-Anthony

• Like 1

Proof that this carrier bundle thing is a problem. Been sitting in the movie theatre for 15 minutes now. 3 bars of 3G on iOS 8.4, along with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. Dad's sitting next to me, on iOS 9 beta 3, with 3 bars of LTE. [emoji19]

-Anthony

Yeh I'm on beta 3 and noticed that my service is much better than before.

• Like 1

I agree, I think the new carrier bundle on 9 fixed my issues. I can't get used to the new font though, it just looks odd to me. Kind of like the English print on a box of merchandise coming from China. Or that Tapatalk font.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I agree, I think the new carrier bundle on 9 fixed my issues. I can't get used to the new font though, it just looks odd to me. Kind of like the English print on a box of merchandise coming from China. Or that Tapatalk font.

Eh. I have grown used to it already. I don't really care about the font. I just want LTE to work correctly and battery life to get better lol

• Like 1

Yeh I'm on beta 3 and noticed that my service is much better than before.

You guys weren't kidding! I'm now on Public Beta 1, which is Beta 3, and I'm using Tapatalk on 1x! This is amazing. However, Field Test still won't work on 1x, but it will on weak 3G now.

• Like 1

Eh. I have grown used to it already. I don't really care about the font. I just want LTE to work correctly and battery life to get better lol

I've noticed less drop to EV-DO when in a moving vehicle, seems to scan and hold on to LTE quite a bit better. I'm in a market with no B26, so that's a good sign they've fixed what was wrong.

What's the likelihood of the iPhone 7 (2016 version) will support 3x20 CA and TD&FD LTE CA?

I have the iPhone 6 now but I was considering on purchasingthe iPhone 6s (this years version) but I think the only network upgrade it will have compared to the 6 is 2x CA and band 12 support....

What's the likelihood of the iPhone 7 (2016 version) will support 3x20 CA and TD&FD LTE CA?

I have the iPhone 6 now but I was considering on purchasingthe iPhone 6s (this years version) but I think the only network upgrade it will have compared to the 6 is 2x CA and band 12 support....

Zero chance. Supply issues mean they can't use the latest chipsets.

I would not say zero chance in 2016.  Hopefully Apple with have supply issues addressed in a year's time.   

Doh....I missed the iPhone 7 part. Assumed he was referring to this September's iPhone :unsure: