Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

Is the sensitive LTE signal as a result of the unfinished LTE rollout or is it my SIII that can't keep a steady signal? I can get LTE at my desk indoors in Chandler but I keep losing it every few minutes, I get no signal outdoors. I also got LTE at Chase field on Sunday for a few minutes then it disappeared, no signal outside.

Is the sensitive LTE signal as a result of the unfinished LTE rollout or is it my SIII that can't keep a steady signal? I can get LTE at my desk indoors in Chandler but I keep losing it every few minutes, I get no signal outdoors. I also got LTE at Chase field on Sunday for a few minutes then it disappeared, no signal outside.

Most likely it's because there are only 3 out of 100's (1000+?) of sites that have been LTE accepted in the Phoenix market. Essentially, you most likely are connecting to a distant site and have a weak signal.  As the network becomes more dense, you'll have less and less issues. 

You can place your device in LTE only mode and that helps to keep a really weak LTE signal.

Robert

You can place your device in LTE only mode and that helps to keep a really weak LTE signal.

Robert

Can you suggest an app that will enable this feature on a Galaxy nexus?   (I fully understand the effect of not being able to send or recieve texts or calls in this status)    This feature is not availbe on the Sprint Nexus, and I have not found a custom rom that has this feature.  

I saw that on Sensorly, too. I was there just moments ago and there appears to be something going on.  At 32nd St and Cactus, I picked up LTE for about a minute, by the time I stopped the car and pulled up Sensorly, it reverted me back to 3G.  I drove about 2 mile radius around this point, resetting my data connection as I went, and I connected to 4G a couple times, but again, I was reverted back to 3G. They must be testing a site in the area but, blocking its use to the end user, or something like that. 

my buddy lives there on 32nd and thunderbird he was getting a signal I told him to install sensorly so the map would update 

Keep the sponsor content in the sponsor area otherwise a mod will snag it. If the info you posted is available on a fence or by physically going to the site that the public could see then post that with your info.

I supposed I could have left the carrier counts and the other very tower specific info out lol

Been following this thread for a while. Took a break and came back to find LTE exists in some parts of Phoenix!

Even better: a tower near me! I live near 40th st. and Greenway. I had to make an account. I'll try and test the range of the tower with Sensorly tonight or sometime this weekend.

Been following this thread for a while. Took a break and came back to find LTE exists in some parts of Phoenix!

Even better: a tower near me! I live near 40th st. and Greenway. I had to make an account. I'll try and test the range of the tower with Sensorly tonight or sometime this weekend.

Now take another break from here so that the Tucson Yuma market starts.. LOL

:-)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Now take another break from here so that the Tucson Yuma market starts.. LOL

:-)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I really thought Yuma would be the first city in AZ to get LTE but I based this solely on the proximity of CA's LTE. It looks like it's creeping into Yuma.

Someone should check around 51 and cactus as well. Looks like a tower might be up in that area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

So I did a run around 51 and Cactus. I went from Greenway and 32nd street down to Shea and 32nd Street (all west of the 51). I then took a detour up 28th Street from Cactus to Thunderbird. I didn't get any 4g connection. I had Sensorly running.

I use an HTC Evo 4g LTE. I've been able to get 4g on my drive down the 51 (around Indian School), but that's been it so far.

I believe I've had radio issues on this phone, however. My 3g disconnects frequently even with a strong signal and has a tendency to get warm. So maybe that's playing a factor in picking up the signals.

So I did a run around 51 and Cactus. I went from Greenway and 32nd street down to Shea and 32nd Street (all west of the 51). I then took a detour up 28th Street from Cactus to Thunderbird. I didn't get any 4g connection. I had Sensorly running.

I use an HTC Evo 4g LTE. I've been able to get 4g on my drive down the 51 (around Indian School), but that's been it so far.

I believe I've had radio issues on this phone, however. My 3g disconnects frequently even with a strong signal and has a tendency to get warm. So maybe that's playing a factor in picking up the signals.

I really liked that phone but, unfortunately, it never did well in the radio department. 

Really? I've had other users tell me it was the best 4g phone they've used. But I haven't had such luck with it.

I cannot speak first hand, as I never used the EVO LTE in an LTE market, but the reviews here regarding its 4G LTE performance were quite poor. 

I cannot speak first hand, as I never used the EVO LTE in an LTE market, but the reviews here regarding its 4G LTE performance were quite poor. 

I've been contemplating picking up a used S3 or S4 on Craigslist. Better performance?

I've been contemplating picking up a used S3 or S4 on Craigslist. Better performance?

I haven't owned those two, but I hear they are much better. FWIW, My LG Optimus G does quite well, and it can be found for a very good price on Craigslist, if you're just looking to tie yourself over until Sprint's tri-band LTE devices are released. 

Really? I've had other users tell me it was the best 4g phone they've used. But I haven't had such luck with it.

Comparing to my Wife's S3 and Co-Worker S4, their phone can hold 4G LTE much better than my EVO LTE phone.  We are seeing almost -10db difference set side to side comparison.  It works, but if you have a weak LTE signal it ain't going to work well compared to other LTE phones.

That is a difference of getting LTE indoors on a S3 or S4 but your only able to pickup 3G on your EVO.

Download SignalCheck Pro, compare to someone with S3 or S4 you will see the difference on the LTE department.

I saw that Sensorly updated with some 4g at Tatum and Greenway. At the actual intersection, I got no 4g. But a couple hundred feet south along Tatum, I did. The 4g kept with me all the way down to Paradise Village Parkway (the road that circles PV Mall). I ran Sensorly and it looks like I was able to update the map!

• Like 3