Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

Comparing to my Wife's S3 and Co-Worker S4, their phone can hold 4G LTE much better than my EVO LTE phone.  We are seeing almost -10db difference set side to side comparison.  It works, but if you have a weak LTE signal it ain't going to work well compared to other LTE phones.

That is a difference of getting LTE indoors on a S3 or S4 but your only able to pickup 3G on your EVO.

Download SignalCheck Pro, compare to someone with S3 or S4 you will see the difference on the LTE department.

My Evo LTE actually has better RF than my S3 did, but I also took the antenna off and re-seated it properly (mine seemed to be slightly dislodged), and now it's working just fine.

I've been reading a lot recently about LTE frequencies--800 vs.1900 vs. 2600.

Can someone here enlighten me with what frequencies we currently have here in Phoenix (I believe it's the useless 2600 WiMax), and which new ones are currently being added?

Thanks.

Edited by Merlin_AZ

I've been reading a lot recently about LTE frequencies--800 vs.1900 vs. 2600.

Can someone here enlighten me with what frequencies we currently have here in Phoenix (I believe it's the useless 2600 WiMax), and which new ones are currently being added?

Thanks.

Sprint uses 1900 for 1x, EVDO, and, now, LTE in the PHX market.  There are a couple 2600 WiMax protection sites in the valley, though.

Before long, Sprint will also start deploying LTE on 800 and 2500/2600 as well. 

Sprint uses 1900 for 1x, EVDO, and, now, LTE in the PHX market.  There are a couple 2600 WiMax protection sites in the valley, though.

Before long, Sprint will also start deploying LTE on 800 and 2500/2600 as well. 

Thanks!

So the LTE we see on Sensorly now is 1900?

Edited by Merlin_AZ

Can anyone briefly describe the notable differences between 1900 and 800(in terms of performance), and why 800 isn't around yet?

If you read through some of the other threads, you'll see how much 800mhz has improved coverage and in-building signal performance. 800mhz is just now available because as a result of Sprint shutting down Nextel (which used 800mhz) over the summer allows them to use 800mhz on the Sprint network. 

If you read through some of the other threads, you'll see how much 800mhz has improved coverage and in-building signal performance. 800mhz is just now available because as a result of Sprint shutting down Nextel (which used 800mhz) over the summer allows them to use 800mhz on the Sprint network. 

I thought that's what I remembered reading, but that was back when I was still picking up on mobile network lingo.  Is there any idea on when we can expect to see 800mhz LTE starting to show up?

I thought that's what I remembered reading, but that was back when I was still picking up on mobile network lingo.  Is there any idea on when we can expect to see 800mhz LTE starting to show up?

Not exactly sure for Phx but, many markets will start seeing it this year. 

Later this fall 800 LTE is slated to start firing up around the Great Lakes region, and then California and Colorado. Most markets should be seeing 800 LTE activations beginning by the end of the year.

Later this fall 800 LTE is slated to start firing up around the Great Lakes region, and then California and Colorado. Most markets should be seeing 800 LTE activations beginning by the end of the year.

That delicious carrot seems so close to my face.

That carrot has been waving in the face of Phoenix for years now.

It's been so long, it rotted a long time ago...

There is no way that Phoenix will be complete by next summer at the current pace of 4G activation. The math just isn't there. With around 80 towers showing NV complete, I don't understand why we are not seeing 2-3 new 4G sites a day.

There is no way that Phoenix will be complete by next summer at the current pace of 4G activation. The math just isn't there. With around 80 towers showing NV complete, I don't understand why we are not seeing 2-3 new 4G sites a day.

The ones that are compete are waiting on back haul. .. it sucks but Cox and century link need to get on the ball and we would have 2 to 3 a day popping up ... they are dragging their feet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edited by kingmac38

Depressing but true. Sprint's entire roll out probably won't hit the first quarter target and I would be surprised if they are finished with nv 1.0 by the end of the year. Samsung might be but the other two, I doubt it.

Just picked up lte in casa Grande at i10 and i8 interchange. ...

I tried to map it but don't know if it worked how long does it take to show on map

post-24286-13791101034793_thumb.jpg

post-24286-13791101222119_thumb.jpg

Edited by kingmac38

I had a question. i was traveling on Cactus about a week ago between 59th and 51st ave. My 4g came on and I was getting good speeds. I traveled by there today and now I get no 4g just crappy 3g. What gives?

They may have been testing the tower ... but not accepted yet

Well, recently there were numbers thrown around that around one-fourth of the towers were to be complete by mid-November with complete coverage by the end of next summer.

Is that wishful thinking at this point???

Maybe, but the pace would have to pick up quite a bit. Honestly, I don't know that the backhual problems are the main driver of the slow roll out. there should be enough competition to make the backhaul providers not want to do a poor job for there customers. In any case I talked with a cox employee that ran the planning on the cox side and he left me with the impression that sprint and AL have made a mess of the planning and execution of NV in Phoenix, but I am sure he didn't want to make it seem as if cox is the problem.

Maybe, but the pace would have to pick up quite a bit. Honestly, I don't know that the backhual problems are the main driver of the slow roll out. there should be enough competition to make the backhaul providers not want to do a poor job for there customers. In any case I talked with a cox employee that ran the planning on the cox side and he left me with the impression that sprint and AL have made a mess of the planning and execution of NV in Phoenix, but I am sure he didn't want to make it seem as if cox is the problem.

In my experience, all these providers are extremely pointy fingered. It's always the others fault.

cox isnt the only player screwing us here century link has been abysmal as well al contractors are getting these towers up and a pretty good clip but if the backhaul is back logged there is nothing they can do to speed up the 4g acceptance