Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

Sorry what I meant was in these beginning stages will they only start in phoenix. Or will they spread out lighting up towers throughout the valley then fill in the holes as time progresses

They'll fire them up wherever they are ready. Doesn't matter if they're in Phoenix or the middle of no where. Sprint isn't focusing on metro areas (to the ire of some) rather they are trying to get the project done as quickly as possible, which means that as soon as all the pieces (permits, paper work, equipment, man power, backhaul) are in place, they send out the crews. 

• Like 2

Sorry what I meant was in these beginning stages will they only start in phoenix. Or will they spread out lighting up towers throughout the valley then fill in the holes as time progresses

beginning stages?? they have been at this since november actually first permits were granted in october... the first LTE may have been lit up recently but that doesnt mean that its just getting started 

beginning stages?? they have been at this since november actually first permits were granted in october... the first LTE may have been lit up recently but that doesnt mean that its just getting started 

Very true. Equipment is installed and ready on at least half of sites in and around the Phoenix. The issue is either a lack of backhaul at the sites, or integration problems.

Beginning stages of turning on LTE.

theres so much more to network visiion than just the turning on of LTE...  in fact equipment is updated on half the towers in phoenix mega metro super plex. The problem is the glaciers pace that cox and century link is installing the necessary backhaul so you can use the lte equipment on the towers..  they could have fired up the lte as soon as they were accepted but without the backhaul you may have a really fast connection to the tower but 3g backhaul bottle necking the process..  

its like fighting a fire with a garden hose.. it may be connected to a hydrant you may have plenty of pressure but unless your hose is big enough you aint getting it done (thats what she said) 

theres so much more to network visiion than just the turning on of LTE... in fact equipment is updated on half the towers in phoenix mega metro super plex. The problem is the glaciers pace that cox and century link is installing the necessary backhaul so you can use the lte equipment on the towers.. they could have fired up the lte as soon as they were accepted but without the backhaul you may have a really fast connection to the tower but 3g backhaul bottle necking the process..

its like fighting a fire with a garden hose.. it may be connected to a hydrant you may have plenty of pressure but unless your hose is big enough you aint getting it done (thats what she said)

^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^

Such good info. Doesn't make me feel better, though. I'm so itchin' for some 4G LTE, I'm flying to L.A. tomorrow to immerse myself in 4G LTE glory! Ok, my wife talked me into it because of our anniversary. :wub:

Sad that it's been over a week since the first LTE towers came online. I was hoping that the start of 4G coming online, but seems to have been a false start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one week isn't anything to get worked up over.... yet. 

Sad that it's been over a week since the first LTE towers came online. I was hoping that the start of 4G coming online, but seems to have been a false start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

false start?? its only been a week now in a month and its just two sites then we talk but a week really???  

So. I am noticing EHRDP for the first time at my house today. Near 101 and cactus. Is this a good thing :P

And actually rocking some decent 3G speed for the first time in months. Have I been placebo'd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by jshock

So. I am noticing EHRDP for the first time at my house today. Near 101 and cactus. Is this a good thing :P And actually rocking some decent 3G speed for the first time in months. Have I been placebo'd Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It is a good thing, because it means the market is upgraded to the new software that is used for 3G/4G hand offs. Yet a market can go back and forth from evdo to ehrpd. Phoenix is starting to new 4g on towers now, most of it. As u have read, is back haul related. Sprint would have been make to make 250 by the end of the year. If it wasnt a lost down in providers who bringing them backhaul.

Any word where??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Or, i can just tell you. The site is on 35th Ave and Van Buren.