Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

You would think AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile would have had to deal with all the same providers and they seemed to have no trouble rolling out Lte to the Phoenix area. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

backhaul. overlay.

Not enough subcontractors was a big problem. People say it's back haul I dispute that. 4 major companies doing upgrades and when your the last one you don't have much picking to choose from as far as reputable companies to work with. I know plenty of towers with fiber installed and no NV. IMO Phx is really an easy market to upgrade. ITS really ramping up from what I'm hearing.

Also something that a little old and haven't shared.

In May I spoke to one of the owners(my neighbor) of a subcontracting firm that's doing NV. Hes doing towers all over Az and ABQ At that time he said it'd take 11 months to do the market. By all indications it looks like that will be right. Unless of course they start mixing in TDLTE.

Depressing but true. Sprint's entire roll out probably won't hit the first quarter target and I would be surprised if they are finished with nv 1.0 by the end of the year. Samsung might be but the other two, I doubt it.

Sprint pushed out the completion of NV1.0 to April 2014 shortly after they got started in Spring 2012. Then they revised it to Mid 2014 later in 2012. Son we are still tracking for a Mid 2014 completion to NV1.0.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Sprint pushed out the completion of NV1.0 to April 2014 shortly after they got started in Spring 2012. Then they revised it to Mid 2014 later in 2012. Son we are still tracking for a Mid 2014 completion to NV1.0.

Well you have a bit more information than me to be sure. But based on how long markets that are near complete have taken to get there and where some markets that have just started are I would be willing to place a bet that the dead line gets pushed back at least another quarter, especially if 800 is part of nv 1.0. Maybe things will speed up but AL has a habit of leaving 3G upgraded towers with out lte for a rather long time. And winter is coming, in certain areas of the country that will slow things down a bit.

I've had 4G popping up on my Evo LTE off and on all week (even got some in Tempe around Tempe Marketplace the other day) but it never stays on long, just long enough for SignalCheck Pro to alert me, then it goes away before i can do anything.

I'd imagine that they're getting ready to do a mass light up before too long (and i hope they do, as it's long overdue here)

You would think AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile would have had to deal with all the same providers and they seemed to have no trouble rolling out Lte to the Phoenix area. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

But... you have no idea how long they were working on it. AT&T took at least 10 months to get LTE running here in Springfield from the time I first saw crews, and they may have been in the area long before that. Wouldn't surprise me if they were working for a year before they launched LTE here. 

The difference with Sprint is they are releasing each tower as they complete, so you can actually feel the growing pains, rather than suddenly have LTE everywhere like AT&T and Verizon do it.

• Like 2

Well you have a bit more information than me to be sure. But based on how long markets that are near complete have taken to get there and where some markets that have just started are I would be willing to place a bet that the dead line gets pushed back at least another quarter, especially if 800 is part of nv 1.0. Maybe things will speed up but AL has a habit of leaving 3G upgraded towers with out lte for a rather long time. And winter is coming, in certain areas of the country that will slow things down a bit.

CDMA 800 can be fired up relatively quickly and easily. They turned on 700 sites in one week, the last week of August. If 3G is accepted, and it's a full build site, CDMA 800 can be brought online. And CDMA 800 doesn't need new backhaul.

All these A/L 3G sites just need backhaul. So when backhaul arrives, they just need to send a LTE integration team out and fire it up. Only takes a few hours per site. This can be done quickly and easily.

Things did not slow down last winter at all, except related to severe storms in specific locations. Tower crews like paychecks year round, and they keep working fast and hard. I remember being impressed with how things kept rolling in Minnesota even when the temps dropped below zero. And things should be even better in Arizona in the Winter. ;)

• Like 1

Does turning on LTE 800 require another visit to the site or is it just a remote switch flip?

Site visit is required due to the necessary 911 testing and confirmation.  You don't want a misconfigured site firing up remotely without anyone checking it.

Oops..missed the 800 LTE part.  Yes, in most cases a LTE access module will need to be plugged in and configured for the 3 sectors.

Ugh.. On one hand you say we'll you have more info than me... Then in same sentence you say but.. If you base it on this other thing... Let me pull a negativeright out of my ass.. And winter didn't slow things down last year but this year I guess you think somehow it will be different.. You are a rolling ball of negativity.. Here in phx and other warm weather states not only would it(if it did at all) not slow things down but would speed things up..

Stop being such a negative Nancy... AL isn't the only contractor in this game.. As far as they leaving 3G 3g for a while I'd rather have it that way.. Why have 4g active without the back haul to fulfill it? That's like having access to a t1 line but connected to a 56 k Modem ooooh I have 4g wow well its only 3G speeds till I have the enhanced back haul.. But im keeping up with the Jones I can say I have "4g"

/rantover

You would think AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile would have had to deal with all the same providers and they seemed to have no trouble rolling out Lte to the Phoenix area. ;) Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

A few things wrong with this strawman. One sprint was first with 4g they went with wimax .. It's not a bad technology we would have been very happy withjit.. Had clearwire not shit away the money.. By the time sprint finally had to pull ties and go with lte att vzw.. Not so much T-Mobile since they were calling 3g and a half 4g until finally they couldn't get away with that anymore.. But far later in the game. Att and vzw already had back haul in place and also didn't have to deal with clear wire that's the biggest thing..

Att and vzw didn't get into the game till much later.. Was not vested in a different tech with contracts in place.. To compare their lte build out to sprints isn't even apples to oranges it's apples to groundhogs.. Not similar..

Ugh.. On one hand you say we'll you have more info than me... Then in same sentence you say but.. If you base it on this other thing... Let me pull a negativeright out of my ass.. And winter didn't slow things down last year but this year I guess you think somehow it will be different.. You are a rolling ball of negativity.. Here in phx and other warm weather states not only would it(if it did at all) not slow things down but would speed things up..

Stop being such a negative Nancy... AL isn't the only contractor in this game.. As far as they leaving 3G 3g for a while I'd rather have it that way.. Why have 4g active without the back haul to fulfill it? That's like having access to a t1 line but connected to a 56 k Modem ooooh I have 4g wow well its only 3G speeds till I have the enhanced back haul.. But im keeping up with the Jones I can say I have "4g"

Umm... I will have the impression I have based on what i am seeing. Chicago, Atlanta Dallas all are not complete and they where the first markets to launch. There are markets that have recently started if they take as long to complete then yes sprint will be pushing back their time frame. Then there is the fact that sprint has already pushed back their completion date twice and this is never a positive sign. Further, based on current deployment rates many markets are trending for completion later than mid-year. It not negative to look at te pace and say unless things speed up there not going meet their dead line, it's just an observation. In any case I would be willing to bet on it.

/rantover

Umm... I will have the impression I have based on what i am seeing. Chicago, Atlanta Dallas all are not complete and they where the first markets to launch. There are markets that have recently started if they take as long to complete then yes sprint will be pushing back their time frame. Then there is the fact that sprint has already pushed back their completion date twice and this is never a positive sign. Further, based on current deployment rates many markets are trending for completion later than mid-year. It not negative to look at te pace and say unless things speed up there not going meet their dead line, it's just an observation. In any case I would be willing to bet on it.

/rantover

You are basing sprints completion as compared to other carriers in other cities.. Comparing it to what? There is no s4gru for other carriers so vzw and att can tell you oh we are done but you know from being here that sprint can't do that. I know for a fact there are gaping holes in vzw 4g in cities they have announced as complete. But alas how could that be? They are complete..

Oh wait there is noone keeping them honest!

So you are willing to bet... That there are unforeseen issues slowing down sprints deployment. You use the fact you can see exactly the deployment. (though if there was no s4gru you wouldn't know any better and sprint would have said those markets are done and you couldn't argue any differenrt)

Now with the exception of massive weather abnormalities like 3 blizzards that hit Chicago last winter.. A superstorm named sandy.. And the noreaster behind her. And a tornado season that wrecked tornado alley.. Seasons summer or winter average out as a whole. Winter as a whole didn't hurt the deployment but then focus on areas down to not just market but neighborhood deployment you say weather effects as a whole (which isn't true) but say deployment in mature markets aren't good enough and a sign sprint and their contractors inability and incompetence to get things done.

Your seemingly only point is that you think and are willing to bet based on in depth analysis you can only find for one company in comparison to the others that sprint has hit bumps in the road for their deployment and that sprint will hit other snags that's a good bet.. Anyone can make that bet.. I'd say the biggest thing to hit everyone at this point would be in some markets where all three big boys are building out there is and will be some hybrid cable shortages... Slowing down back haul

You will focus on sprint saying that that is a sign of incompetence won't focus on the others because you're a negative Nancy for sprint don't know why don't care.. Even though same things are happening with vzw and att.. Would be great if we could see how superstorm sandy and blizzards effected the macromatket in cities you mentioned but till there is a v4gru or an a4gru no way to prove it.. So you go ahead and make easy bets with nothing but strawman accusations and assertions I mean how hard is it to say in an enterprise where you rebuild an entire network from the ground up adding thousands of miles of cable working on 39 thousand plus sites that but with this place you know when each are worked on how much of a leap is it and how hard is it to say there would be delays(same delays everyone else has to deal with) wow you are a seer a prophet buy a lotto ticket..

Well not really.. You just go to great lengths to be a negative Nancy I don't know the reasons I don't know if you are trolling for the other carriers... Focusing on only sprint cause your either an att or vzw fanboy I don't know if you are truly just a disgruntled sprint customer that once your neighborhood gets 4g you will fade away never to be seen from again.. Or if you just like being contrary..

Either way your analysis is off. You have gone to great lengths to say sprints build out is lacking but with no analysis of the other guys to this level you know there is no way for others to disprove. And once a a big storm hits you can say look at the jersey shore why is their deployment so far off.

It's easy to go to the micro and macro level when you can't do the same for others. Keep comparing sprints build out to vzw and att even though it's not apples to apples.. Or oranges.. And using the info you find here and only here to point out problems only in sprint but not fairly for others. What sprint is doing on just an engineering level is extraordinary but negative Nancys will always poo poo on others parade. No matter how much evidence there is that it's sunny out.

You are basing sprints completion as compared to other carriers in other cities.. Comparing it to what? There is no s4gru for other carriers so vzw and att can tell you oh we are done but you know from being here that sprint can't do that. I know for a fact there are gaping holes in vzw 4g in cities they have announced as complete. But alas how could that be? They are complete..

Oh wait there is noone keeping them honest!

So you are willing to bet... That there are unforeseen issues slowing down sprints deployment. You use the fact you can see exactly the deployment. (though if there was no s4gru you wouldn't know any better and sprint would have said those markets are done and you couldn't argue any differenrt)

Now with the exception of massive weather abnormalities like 3 blizzards that hit Chicago last winter.. A superstorm named sandy.. And the noreaster behind her. And a tornado season that wrecked tornado alley.. Seasons summer or winter average out as a whole. Winter as a whole didn't hurt the deployment but then focus on areas down to not just market but neighborhood deployment you say weather effects as a whole (which isn't true) but say deployment in mature markets aren't good enough and a sign sprint and their contractors inability and incompetence to get things done.

Your seemingly only point is that you think and are willing to bet based on in depth analysis you can only find for one company in comparison to the others that sprint has hit bumps in the road for their deployment and that sprint will hit other snags that's a good bet.. Anyone can make that bet.. I'd say the biggest thing to hit everyone at this point would be in some markets where all three big boys are building out there is and will be some hybrid cable shortages... Slowing down back haul

You will focus on sprint saying that that is a sign of incompetence won't focus on the others because you're a negative Nancy for sprint don't know why don't care.. Even though same things are happening with vzw and att.. Would be great if we could see how superstorm sandy and blizzards effected the macromatket in cities you mentioned but till there is a v4gru or an a4gru no way to prove it.. So you go ahead and make easy bets with nothing but strawman accusations and assertions I mean how hard is it to say in an enterprise where you rebuild an entire network from the ground up adding thousands of miles of cable working on 39 thousand plus sites that but with this place you know when each are worked on how much of a leap is it and how hard is it to say there would be delays(same delays everyone else has to deal with) wow you are a seer a prophet buy a lotto ticket..

Well not really.. You just go to great lengths to be a negative Nancy I don't know the reasons I don't know if you are trolling for the other carriers... Focusing on only sprint cause your either an att or vzw fanboy I don't know if you are truly just a disgruntled sprint customer that once your neighborhood gets 4g you will fade away never to be seen from again.. Or if you just like being contrary..

Either way your analysis is off. You have gone to great lengths to say sprints build out is lacking but with no analysis of the other guys to this level you know there is no way for others to disprove. And once a a big storm hits you can say look at the jersey shore why is their deployment so far off.

It's easy to go to the micro and macro level when you can't do the same for others. Keep comparing sprints build out to vzw and att even though it's not apples to apples.. Or oranges.. And using the info you find here and only here to point out problems only in sprint but not fairly for others. What sprint is doing on just an engineering level is extraordinary but negative Nancys will always poo poo on others parade. No matter how much evidence there is that it's sunny out.

No I am using as a guide markets sprint has started over a year ago and are still not complete to markets sprint has just started. All on my information comes from s4gru, including that current run rates have many markets being complete long after mid year of 2014.

Not to get in the middle, but guys there's nothing any of us can do but wait and even complain to Sprint if you really feel the need to. Otherwise it's just a game of patience. We could all debate the wait time and why we feel it should already be here and so on. All that's really going to do is upset the moderators and get people in trouble over something trivial.

Meanwhile people around the world are still fighting and killing over food and water; and were just sitting here arguing that our 4g LTE isn't here yet...

No I am using as a guide markets sprint has started over a year ago and are still not complete to markets sprint has just started. All on my information comes from s4gru, including that current run rates have many markets being complete long after mid year of 2014.

I know i said that already.. But as compared to what? There is no v4gru or a4gru to make similar accusations or base analysis of one carrier against the others..

It's easy to make negative assertions only on sprint. Because you don't know where the others are lacking because there is no in depth analysis. To prove that sprint is doing it worse than the other guys.. They tell you a market is complete even though we all know there is gaping holes in coverage.. But since I can'tgo to site and say llooks here this market should have been complete.. You seem to think youcan do it here as pproof that sprint is lacking.. It'snot.

You give other carriers. Benefit of doubt. But trash sprint trying to use s4gru's words against sprint. You know the same holds true for other carriers but won't make that claim.. Awfully disingenuous and pretty dishonest.

I know i said that already.. But as compared to what? There is no v4gru or a4gru to make similar accusations or base analysis of one carrier against the others..

It's easy to make negative assertions only on sprint. Because you don't know where the others are lacking because there is no in depth analysis. To prove that sprint is doing it worse than the other guys.. They tell you a market is complete even though we all know there is gaping holes in coverage.. But since I can'tgo to site and say llooks here this market should have been complete.. You seem to think youcan do it here as pproof that sprint is lacking.. It'snot.

You give other carriers. Benefit of doubt. But trash sprint trying to use s4gru's words against sprint. You know the same holds true for other carriers but won't make that claim.. Awfully disingenuous and pretty dishonest.

I have not mentioned nor do i care about the other carriers lte roll out. All I said is that I don't think sprint will be complete by mid 2014 (ie June 2014) and gave my reason for think so.

I have not mentioned nor do i care about the other carriers lte roll out. All I said is that I don't think sprint will be complete by mid 2014 (ie June 2014) and gave my reason for think so.

You should take S4GRU's discounted Premier Sponsorship deal up and see what is up and coming in the Premier Sponsor Threads.  Its actually quite impressive.  

You should take S4GRU's discounted Premier Sponsorship deal up and see what is up and coming in the Premier Sponsor Threads. Its actually quite impressive.

What is the deal? I was eventually going to get around to fulfilling the premier requirements but thing keep piping up.

What is the deal? I was eventually going to get around to fulfilling the premier requirements but thing keep piping up.

I know how that goes.  Pretty sure Robert is giving 25 bucks off for the next week.  I'll try to find the link. 

You should take S4GRU's discounted Premier Sponsorship deal up and see what is up and coming in the Premier Sponsor Threads.  Its actually quite impressive.  

theres a discounted premier sponsorship deal?