Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

I have LTE on all the streets around me but can't get it inside my house.

LTE is not for inside your house.  Wi-Fi is for inside your house.

AJ

Cell phones are for inside your house. Home phones are for your inside your house. :P usages patterns change, go with the flow.

Not really.  Absent a DAS or microcell contract, no wireless operator guarantees indoor coverage.  So, if you want faster, yet less robust airlinks, such as LTE, then you are largely on your own for data coverage indoors.  At home in Phoenix, you should be able to deal with indoor data, no problem.  If you do not, if you "go with the flow," then you are part of the problem that clogs up the flow.

AJ

So how is it that multiple newt LTE spots are popping up yet they aren't being reported on the site acceptance thread still?

Phsyical Work Complete --> Backhaul hooked up --> Testing signals --> accepted for technologies --> integrated and officially live

• Like 1

So how is it that multiple newt LTE spots are popping up yet they aren't being reported on the site acceptance thread still?

Because they are not accepted.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not really.  Absent a DAS or microcell contract, no wireless operator guarantees indoor coverage.  So, if you want faster, yet less robust airlinks, such as LTE, then you are largely on your own for data coverage indoors.  At home in Phoenix, you should be able to deal with indoor data, no problem.  If you do not, if you "go with the flow," then you are part of the problem that clogs up the flow.

AJ

They don't guarantee indoor voice coverage either. Yet the consumer expects it now a days. That was my point (I was also needling a bit true enough). So saying to someone that expects to use lte in their home and can't they should be using wifi is the same as telling a customer who expects to use voice (most customers ) and can't you should use a home phone. Customer are going to use their products the way it makes since for them and companies have to adjusts. If customer want to not use the wifi and use their lte and sprint can delivery they will some one else who can. That is the market, the consumer is king.

So what is the point of a Phone Connect (home phone) if it uses Sprint's towers? O_o?

It has a higher gain antenna and when put by a window it probably has better signal than a handset outside does. It isn't for everyone though as it still may not work for some.

Someone should check around 51 and cactus as well. Looks like a tower might be up in that area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I saw that on Sensorly, too. I was there just moments ago and there appears to be something going on.  At 32nd St and Cactus, I picked up LTE for about a minute, by the time I stopped the car and pulled up Sensorly, it reverted me back to 3G.  I drove about 2 mile radius around this point, resetting my data connection as I went, and I connected to 4G a couple times, but again, I was reverted back to 3G. They must be testing a site in the area but, blocking its use to the end user, or something like that. 

I had the exact same thing happen at Kyrene and Ray. It's on sensorly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Interesting. Based on these observations, I have a feeling there are quite a few LTE sites ready to go live in the PHX area. 

I saw that on Sensorly, too. I was there just moments ago and there appears to be something going on. At 32nd St and Cactus, I picked up LTE for about a minute, by the time I stopped the car and pulled up Sensorly, it reverted me back to 3G. I drove about 2 mile radius around this point, resetting my data connection as I went, and I connected to 4G a couple times, but again, I was reverted back to 3G. They must be testing a site in the area but, blocking its use to the end user, or something like that.

In that neck of the woods, Shea and 32nd St, Ventroso park on 32nd and Acoma, and The ball field just west of 32nd and Greenway, all have new equipment , in fact 3101 E Shea was the first confirmed sighting of new equip being installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Totally unexpected but caught 4G LTE in the west valley yesterday morning. From about 51st ave to 83rd on the I-10. Solid connection of about 4-8mbps down.

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Totally unexpected but caught 4G LTE in the west valley yesterday morning. From about 51st ave to 83rd on the I-10. Solid connection of about 4-8mbps down.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! I think that's already been mapped on Sensorly for a couple days though.