Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

He wants a merger for scale and high prices. Honestly Att and Verizon will welcome a merger with the condition of divesting some spectrum. This way, the twins bells will go back to charge customers 150 dollars for 2gigs.

Debate at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is making stores something special. I don't know what because I don't play the game but 2 weeks ago we had to upload the gps cordinates of each store for something Pokémon related.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I heard a very credible rumor a couple months ago that Sprint was going to make every Sprint store a Pokestop. I bet this is the announcement that it's really happening. While some people say it's not cool, It will drive traffic. At worst, it's an easy way to increase visibility.
  • Like 1

I heard a very credible rumor a couple months ago that Sprint was going to make every Sprint store a Pokestop. I bet this is the announcement that it's really happening. While some people say it's not cool, It will drive traffic. At worst, it's an easy way to increase visibility.

Ding ding ding https://www.cnet.com/news/new-pokemon-go-sprint-radioshack-boost-mobile-niantic-pokestop-gym/

• Like 1

It's whatever news but I gotta say Sprint always have some form of a partnership with development companies and stuff. I can't say the same for that other carrier who I'm sure is bashing this announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow "huge" announcement... How many subs will this bring in? How will this enhance revenue? This would have been great news in September back when there was the "craze". I personally cannot say when the last time I saw someone playing the game. I assume this number will decrease even further with freezing weather in the forecast for a large chunk of the USA in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

Wow "huge" announcement... How many subs will this bring in? How will this enhance revenue? This would have been great news in September back when there was the "craze". I personally cannot say when the last time I saw someone playing the game. I assume this number will decrease even further with freezing weather in the forecast for a large chunk of the USA in the coming weeks.

Even in my small sized city I still see several players (I sure can't hold a gym for long). It just gets less attention now since the initial hype had died. Since my local mall has a gym and many spawns but no Pokestop, it will definitely drive traffic to the Sprint store there.
  • Like 1

Even in my small sized city I still see several players (I sure can't hold a gym for long). It just gets less attention now since the initial hype had died. Since my local mall has a gym and many spawns but no Pokestop, it will definitely drive traffic to the Sprint store there.

It has to be a fraction of what it was like. I'm in New York City and work at a University. When the game first came out, people were everywhere. My point is I do not see how this will drive growth at Sprint. People will not switch to a carrier for Pokemon, especially since I am willing to bet the majority of the ones playing are on a shared account. Further, I see you are from Iowa, I am sure you will be able to hold your gym much longer next week with highs in the teens.

• Like 1

1. Millions still play

2. Starbucks is launching Pokemon themed drinks

3. 100 more pokemon are being released soon

• Like 4

1. Millions still play

2. Starbucks is launching Pokemon themed drinks

3. 100 more pokemon are being released soon

I realize that. Starbucks is not a valid comparison. A drink that is $4-6 in range versus a wireless provider. People will gladly go to Starbucks to catch a Pokemon while sipping on a nice drink. People will not be wiling to go through the hassle of visiting a wireless provider store. I just do not see this being a major announcement for Sprint and I do not see it brining in much business.

Don't forget John Saw is speaking at the global tech conference at 5:30pm EST. Hopefully we get new info (I doubt it lol)

Excited to hear what he has to say as well. I don't recall the last conference he did so this could be big.

Don't know if anyone took a look at Sprints share price today, up 5.95% at $8.66 a share and rising. SoftBank shares up 5%

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Marcelo's on course to earn that bonus of 10 million Sprint shares.

It just has to average $8/share over any 150-day period during a four-year term from June 1, 2015, through May 31, 2019.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article92674502.html

Other execs are set to benefit as well.

• Like 1

I realize that. Starbucks is not a valid comparison. A drink that is $4-6 in range versus a wireless provider. People will gladly go to Starbucks to catch a Pokemon while sipping on a nice drink. People will not be wiling to go through the hassle of visiting a wireless provider store. I just do not see this being a major announcement for Sprint and I do not see it brining in much business.

People playing the game will see a new gym or pokestop and click on it.

It will then say "Sprint store"

Player says "Huh, I didnt know there was a Sprint store there!"

Or "Huh, I didnt know Radioshack was still in business!'

Advertisement successful.

• Like 1

People playing the game will see a new gym or pokestop and click on it.

It will then say "Sprint store"

Player says "Huh, I didnt know there was a Sprint store there!"

Or "Huh, I didnt know Radioshack was still in business!'

Advertisement successful.

Except that the advertisement is only successful if the trainer actually buy something from the store. Again, it is VERY difficult to convince a person to change wireless providers. It is almost a fixed good. I know many people that are overpaying a bunch to be with Verizon, and they will not change even if Sprint offers the same coverage for them. I just do not see this being a huge selling point in all honesty. I am not against it though. I am just against them saying this was some sort of huge announcement because it is not.

• Like 1