Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Wow! Super cool that he enjoyed the last one enough to do another one. I wonder if he has any big announcements he'll make during the AMA? And I really hope this becomes a regular thing.

• Like 1

Wow! Super cool that he enjoyed the last one enough to do another one. I wonder if he has any big announcements he'll make during the AMA? And I really hope this becomes a regular thing.

Same. Don't forget John Saw (Sprint's CTO) is speaking tomorrow at a global tech conference so hopefully we learn something tomorrow and then a follow up during the AMA session.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161130005007/en/Sprint-CTO-John-Speak-Barclays-Global-Technology

I just want a concrete window for VoLTE lol

• Like 4

Same. Don't forget John Saw (Sprint's CTO) is speaking tomorrow at a global tech conference so hopefully we learn something tomorrow and then a follow up during the AMA session.http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161130005007/en/Sprint-CTO-John-Speak-Barclays-Global-Technology

Good point. There's definitely something in the works with all these Conferences and now the AMA too.
  • Like 1

Same. Don't forget John Saw (Sprint's CTO) is speaking tomorrow at a global tech conference so hopefully we learn something tomorrow and then a follow up during the AMA session.http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161130005007/en/Sprint-CTO-John-Speak-Barclays-Global-Technology

That and the LTE femtocell!

• Like 2

That and the LTE femtocell!

Same. Don't forget John Saw (Sprint's CTO) is speaking tomorrow at a global tech conference so hopefully we learn something tomorrow and then a follow up during the AMA session.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161130005007/en/Sprint-CTO-John-Speak-Barclays-Global-Technology

I want to know about expanding coverage. But that be a question to ask in the AMA session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I want to know about expanding coverage. But that be a question to ask in the AMA session.

I think that will tie into the partnership with Gilat (providing LTE Satellite backhaul for rural and metro edge areas). Sprint hasn't comment on that since Gilat's announcement back in October

• Like 2

It's about time. Sprint is way overdue for VoLTE or at least simultaneous voice and data. My connection told me a few months ago that sprint definitely will not be releasing it in 2016 so maybe that means early 2017? If that's the case maybe I'll stay and not go elsewhere

• Like 1

It's about time. Sprint is way overdue for VoLTE or at least simultaneous voice and data. My connection told me a few months ago that sprint definitely will not be releasing it in 2016 so maybe that means early 2017? If that's the case maybe I'll stay and not go elsewhere

Same here. I hope they launch it before the iPhone 8 (7s). But I have a feeling VoLTE won't come until 5G becomes a thing lol

Same here. I hope they launch it before the iPhone 8 (7s). But I have a feeling VoLTE won't come until 5G becomes a thing lol

It'll be nice if it's a opt in option for markets that are pretty well off network wise. I can already in my city go from wifi calling smoothly onto the network. At times I feel old school when I can't receive pics while on the phone if I'm not at home and on wifi. Does Sprint even have the groundwork laid for VoLTE?

Are there any markets yet that are at a 100% percent completed with band 41 roll out ? I know sprint announcement LTE plus markets live at about 60 to 70 % complete.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Depends on your definition of "market," but then general answer is no. Network updates are never 100% complete because there are always changes to be made, coverage to upgrade, capacity to add.

• Like 1

Depends on your definition of "market," but then general answer is no. Network updates are never 100% complete because there are always changes to be made, coverage to upgrade, capacity to add.

Let's just say.. the city of Los Angeles. Does every cell site there have band 41 on it . So, just wondering are there any city have all cell sites with band 41 on them

Let's just say.. the city of Los Angeles. Does every cell site there have band 41 on it . So, just wondering are there any city have all cell sites with band 41 on them

There are cities that have B41 (Sprint or Clearwire) on most sites, but I don't think B41 is on every site in any one particular large city. There may be some smaller towns that have 20 or fewer sites that are completely covered with B41. 

Hmmmm. Sounds nice but I'm sure here's more to this. He's not going to just "invest" 50bill because he loves the United States.

He loves it if the business environment gives him a return on his investment.

Per his Twitter, Marcelo is off to SF to meet with Masa...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/806283128415338496

Apparently, a "Very Cool" announcement is coming tomorrow.

This, combined with John Saw's remarks at the Conference (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-cto-john-saw-to-speak-at-barclays-global-technology-media-and-telecommunications-conference-on-december-7.htm) should make for an interesting day.

Per his Twitter, Marcelo is off to SF to meet with Masa...

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/806283128415338496

Apparently, a "Very Cool" announcement is coming tomorrow.

This, combined with John Saw's remarks at the Conference (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-cto-john-saw-to-speak-at-barclays-global-technology-media-and-telecommunications-conference-on-december-7.htm) should make for an interesting day.

Well, hopefully it is actually "cool". Sometimes what sprint thinks is cool and what is cool isn't exactly the same thing.

• Like 7

Well, hopefully it is actually "cool". Sometimes what sprint thinks is cool and what is cool isn't exactly the same thing.

Sprint is making an announcement about something with Pokémon Go tomorrow

• Like 1

My guess is making stores something special. I don't know what because I don't play the game but 2 weeks ago we had to upload the gps cordinates of each store for something Pokémon related.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2