Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Except that the advertisement is only successful if the trainer actually buy something from the store. Again, it is VERY difficult to convince a person to change wireless providers.

You should call up Sprint and Verizon and let them know advertising on TV is a huge waste of money because it does not allow for an immediate transaction and nobody changes providers anyway.

Also, WTF does Charmin keep advertising with those damn bears? Its toilet paper. We have no choice, we have to buy it.

• Like 3

I think the point is to get people in/near the stores and aware of the brand. I don't think they're going into this expecting a ton of people to walk in and buy phones and a plan on the spot, but they probably expect it to increase brand awareness and get people window shopping.

• Like 1

You should call up Sprint and Verizon and let them know advertising on TV is a huge waste of money because it does not allow for an immediate transaction and nobody changes providers anyway.

Also, WTF does Charmin keep advertising with those damn bears? Its toilet paper. We have no choice, we have to buy it.

Lol. you just proved why Charmin uses the "damn" bears in its ads.  You know it's toilet paper and it's the damn Charmin bears. 

• Like 1

The other thing they could do is add signage

"Pokemon players welcome to relax inside!"

That provides a contact point for the sales person

"Can I help you?"

"No thanks just capturing the gym"

"Oh sure no problem, let me know if you have any questions about our unlimited data plan, have fun"

• Like 3

Dude not my point at all. All I'm saying is they once again said a major announcement was coming. This is NOT a major announcement. It builds up an expectation. Television ads are successful as Sprint's new ads have worked out quite well. You also get to pick your demographic when you choose what channels and time slots to target with ads. Further, you do not have to buy Charmin toilet paper. They are trying to convince you that you do so it will be soft on your butt. Toilet paper is very easy to change brands, cell phones not so much. But to your point about not many people changing providers, take a look at the churn rate for the top 4. That is what I mean. It is getting increasingly difficult to gain new customers, hence why spending is up trying to get new customers. It is much easier to retain a customer than it is to pry one away from a competitor. 

But since they did not say how much the deal is costing Sprint, I suppose I should be quiet. It could cost them next to nothing. It is just odd though seeing how Sprint signaled in the past that deals like these do not do much for the bottom line. But again, it might have been a very cheap move. 

Marcelo's on course to earn that bonus of 10 million Sprint shares.

It just has to average $8/share over any 150-day period during a four-year term from June 1, 2015, through May 31, 2019.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article92674502.html

Other execs are set to benefit as well.

All employees do too. At the store level we each get 500 shares at $8 and 600 at $10. Of course its all restricted til 2020 so you cant sell it and if you leave the company you lose it. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Are there any markets yet that are at a 100% percent completed with band 41 roll out ? I know sprint announcement LTE plus markets live at about 60 to 70 % complete.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Utah is at 89% b41, indy 87% and chicago 85%. Those are the top 3 i saw but thats it a bit skewed since utah and indy have about 300 towers each and chicago has 1500.

The majority of the markets seem to be 60%+ on b41.

• Like 2

Utah is at 89% b41, indy 87% and chicago 85%. Those are the top 3 i saw but thats it a bit skewed since utah and indy have about 300 towers each and chicago has 1500.

The majority of the markets seem to be 60%+ on b41.

Nice! Would you happen to know how many towers el paso, tx got?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I think the point is to get people in/near the stores and aware of the brand. I don't think they're going into this expecting a ton of people to walk in and buy phones and a plan on the spot, but they probably expect it to increase brand awareness and get people window shopping.

It also may help that Sprint coverage at or near Sprint stores will typically be good. Most stores have small cells or B41 repeaters now. So it associates a positive network experience with existing customers near their stores.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 3

Nice! Would you happen to know how many towers el paso, tx got?

None. Yet. It's coming tho

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I mean just how many towers in general

If your talking B41. No clue. That area doesn't have any B41. Yet.

No just towers in general that have b25 or 3G on them

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No clue. They have the 2nd carrier. Also swapped with T-Mobile.

Dude not my point at all. All I'm saying is they once again said a major announcement was coming. This is NOT a major announcement. It builds up an expectation. 

But since they did not say how much the deal is costing Sprint, I suppose I should be quiet. It could cost them next to nothing. It is just odd though seeing how Sprint signaled in the past that deals like these do not do much for the bottom line. But again, it might have been a very cheap move. 

Um, last I saw someone mentioned a "fun" or "cool" announcement coming, not a "MAJOR" announcement. So whatever you are worked up about, try to get over it. It's a fun little pet project is all it sounds like. It's probably not costing Sprint much at all, if anything. Who knows, maybe Niantic paid Sprint for this. 

• Like 2

Um, last I saw someone mentioned a "fun" or "cool" announcement coming, not a "MAJOR" announcement. So whatever you are worked up about, try to get over it. It's a fun little pet project is all it sounds like. It's probably not costing Sprint much at all, if anything. Who knows, maybe Niantic paid Sprint for this. 

Not worked up. Just seems they tend to be behind the eight ball with what is 'cool' too often. This rumor, which is now reality, has been floating around almost since the launch of the game. It could have been done early to capitalize even more on it. It is a fun project. But hey I guess I was wrong earlier, I'll eat crow. The stock is up nearly 8% today on the news, or the Masa news, or both.

This rumor, which is now reality, has been floating around almost since the launch of the game. It could have been done early to capitalize even more on it. 

I can agree to that. But so long as it's not using precious upgrade capital, I'm not too worried about it. 

• Like 2

Listening to John Saw right now, more details about band 41 uplink CA coming out in coming weeks.

I have the only phone ( so far that supports that). The HTCA9

• Like 1

Listening to John Saw right now, more details about band 41 uplink CA coming out in coming weeks.

There has to be a meme out there on sprint's coming weeks, months, years etc... line. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There has to be a meme out there on sprint's coming weeks, months, years etc... line. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1fjost.jpg

:-)

That's how I used to feel.

Now I have every belief that Günther and John will make great things happen.

• Like 4

I have the only phone ( so far that supports that). The HTCA9

No, the Qualcomm baseband was one of the first to support uplink CA, but I do not recall that it was ever tested and authorized in the Sprint variant HTC One A9.

AJ