Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

B26 is only useful for smaller tasks like email, web browsing and sometimes streaming music but for video streaming or downloading apps this is not the band you want to be on. I always though band 25 and 26 should have had CA.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know that now. I'm always been use to using b41 but since it has gone MIA and never had to deal with b26, I know when my phone jumps on 25 and when it's on 26 sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had all 4 carriers. Sprint is a distant 4th and it's not even close. T-Mobile blows them away in my area (Baltimore). Sprint is very slow plus T-Mobile and AT&T have HSPA+ as a fallback network, which is a better technology and faster than CDMA (14.4 Mbps minimum max speed vs 3 Mbps). Verizon is CDMA also but they have the biggest LTE network.

4 years into the LTE transition, it's unacceptable to be falling back to CDMA constantly in populated areas. Sprint is the only carrier that this happens to.

Not to re-dredge an aging conversation, but my Sprint service in Baltimore has been stellar. Harbor area, port area, even out to BWI.

• Like 5

three sites in market are getting ready for modification (hoping it's band 41). How long is it taking sprint now a days to get to a 70 % completion rate on band 41?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like that's all permits for whatever they're doing to that SprintShack location.

In ibez markets, is sprint being ask (per agreements ) To trim band 26 from 5×5 mhz to 3×3mhz ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't think they're being asked to per say. More that some of the spectrum may not be cleared yet for a full 5x5 carrier to be deployed. But enough is cleared for a 3x3, so they're launching that now since the equipment and everything has been installed for years just waiting. Hopefully the 3x3 turns into a 5x5 soon, but even at 3x3 they seem to have the power cranked up pretty high and it carries far and fills in the gaps between B25.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

I don't think they're being asked to per say. More that some of the spectrum may not be cleared yet for a full 5x5 carrier to be deployed. But enough is cleared for a 3x3, so they're launching that now since the equipment and everything has been installed for years just waiting. Hopefully the 3x3 turns into a 5x5 soon, but even at 3x3 they seem to have the power cranked up pretty high and it carries far and fills in the gaps between B25.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Which markets are a green light ??? I'm in SoCal and foaming at the mouth over this.

Which markets are a green light ??? I'm in SoCal and foaming at the mouth over this.

The Canadian ibez in Ohio. Check the Cleveland and Columbus threads. I'm not sure if there's any hope for SoCal anytime soon...

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 2

Important personnel hire at Sprint:

Rob Roy was appointed as Chief Digital Officer

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-appoints-rob-roy-chief-digital-officer-to-drive-digital-sales-for-the-always-connected-customer.htm

Curious to see what his digital strategy for Sprint is going forward.

• Like 4

Sprint's Coverage Map received a design update.

http://www.sprint.com/coverage

The map viewer window is larger. Double the size it seems.

3G areas are now marked in a red color. Much more clear.

Extended LTE is now marked in a orange color.

The yellow color gradients for LTE coverage are more differentiated.

• Like 11

Sprint's Coverage Map received a design update.

http://www.sprint.com/coverage

The map viewer window is larger. Double the size it seems.

3G areas are now marked in a red color. Much more clear.

Extended LTE is now marked in a orange color.

The yellow color gradients for LTE coverage are more differentiated.

Finally...I just took a glance at it and the good thing is that you don't have zoom too close to see how the coverage is set up. I do wish they fill in the highways that are marked with 3G. Either way I'm glad they've updated the map!

• Like 6

Finally...I just took a glance at it and the good thing is that you don't have zoom too close to see how the coverage is set up. I do wish they fill in the highways that are marked with 3G. Either way I'm glad they've updated the map!

Me too! Hopefully they continue to invest in it. It would be great to have a tower upgrades overlay.

• Like 1

Sprint to double down on $3.5B spectrum leaseback deal

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-to-double-down-3-5b-spectrum-leaseback-deal

According to the CFO's statements at a Conference today, Sprint is doubling down on its spectrum leaseback arrangement, offering a second tranche that could raise another $3.5 billion.

Smart plan to keep costs down. Money in and money out is what it's all about.

• Like 2

According to Günther, more Coverage Map improvements are coming: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5gmkkl/coverage_map_update_sort_of/datjyfa/
  • Like 6

It seems that "One Sprint" has been overhauled according to this article, which also discussed the non-compete provision which kept the new Chief Digital Officer from joining Sprint until now.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article119023533.html

Sprint is now divided into two areas instead of four: East and West

The former Verizon guy who headed up the Northeast area left a few months ago.

• Like 1

According to Günther, more Coverage Map improvements are coming: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5gmkkl/coverage_map_update_sort_of/datjyfa/

8cc427f209b958fb42a7fd327dbeb2c5.png

I think the coverage map may be inaccurate. Marquette MI when my girlfriend visited Halloween weekend was on extended 3G.

8cc427f209b958fb42a7fd327dbeb2c5.png

I think the coverage map may be inaccurate. Marquette MI when my girlfriend visited Halloween weekend was on extended 3G.

You need to tap "show filters" and change to the 3G and more filter to see the detail for the non-4G coverage. Then the coverage will look the same as the desktop view.

10e6d3dd58069174340fa420995c2c38.jpg

Super nice to have the yellow-orange combo back. I always thought that looked pretty decent. And even cooler that they made it really easy to hunt out 3G/4G extended when they didn't necessarily have to.

• Like 1

[emoji19] I seriously hope he not meeting to talk possibly merger. If that's the case I wish he just be honest that he bit off more than he could chew with Sprint.

I see don't see what both T-Mobile and Sprint merging will do besides increase the total count of customers. The majority of their coverage overlaps minus where T-Mobile has expanded out. Sprint in my eyes doesn't need a merger cause they have the tools to be a force in wireless but I guess in sons eyes things aren't happening fast enough.