Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I couldn't find where it mentions how much the extra monthly charge would be to keep Premium resolution. Is there any mention of that?

Not that I've seen. I imagine that it will be made well-known as the Halloween cutoff date approaches or hopefully much sooner.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah I can't find it in the services section of my plan. Perhaps they're still figuring this out which is why they're giving people (and themselves) until Halloween to figure it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Actually the industry was always making the most money on every line, regardless of single or family. It just took much longer due to subsidies.

Consider for a second that in 2003, Sprint's Fair and Flexible plan was $35 a month for 300 peak minutes and unlimited nights/weekends. That was prior to the data explosion so 2G/3G was irrelevant at that. In the last 10+ years we've seen networks explode in coverage and upgrades, and devices become much more than something you talk and text on. 

Sprint's Fair & Flexible plan was one of the best rate plans offered by any of the carriers, in my opinion. Plus, they had great commercials to go with it, and I usually hate advertising. I would have liked, and maybe still would like to see a carrier use a Fair &  Flexible plan-like rate scheme for data buckets, at least for customers who'd prefer that.

I read your other response regarding Unlimited Data, so I'll respond here. I agree with you with regard to Unlimited. I like the idea T-Mobile is presenting, just not the cost. Hence why I haven't criticized Sprint's new plan, as the cost reductions after the initial line are more fair, plus they still offer data bucket plans for those not wanting unlimited, with overage protection.

If data buckets are to be eliminated, then there ought to be a starting cost at $60, not $70, unless there is some sort of speed cap option to give a lower cost option to differentiate from the $70. I read online today T-Mobile is going to keep the 2gb and the 6gb option, for now. Although they may eliminate it in the future, which I expect they'll do. Hopefully when they do, they'll reduce the starting rate down to $60, though I expect they'd just rather use that pricing point to get people over to MetroPCS instead. 

We need to get Arysyn in on those planning discussions.  He is the hypothetical rate plan guy and would be like a kid in a candy store.

AJ

I'm actually not offended at all by this, as I love the idea!  :D

I'd be very welcomed by an invitation into a meeting by any of the carriers regarding rate plan talks. My take on it with the new shift to Unlimited that suddenly has emerged (Seriously, I thought the industry was moving towards data buckets, but now its "Lets all embrace unlimited again!")

I don't mind unlimited, so long as its done not to break the networks and it begins at an affordable price. My starting point reference for that is $45, but $60 is still within the range of being good. I just don't like this move to charging people $70, or telling them to go prepaid. That would be my main talking point at these meetings if I were to be invited. Although, I think Verizon would hate me. :P

It's a grey area, all Sprint has to do is not offer premium upgrades and it becomes the norm that you'll get network side compression unless you're on WIFI.

That's the only way to stop the network from being crippled by people who refuse to pay for home internet or spend their entire work day watching Netflix instead of working.

I want the ability to turn on network side compression/bandwidth limitation for my Brother In Law who uses 18-20GB per month of our 80GB share plan.  Maybe someday.

https://np.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/4yhdjl/uncarrier_12_summed_up/

Wow, people are hurt over on the Magenta subreddit. I thought some of it would die down today. NOPE. 

What would I do if I were in T-Mobile's boat? I'd suggest offering 14 GB of hotspot along with the $25 HD video fee. That would at least give new customers the ability to construct the old unlimited plan. 

• Like 2

Wow, people are hurt over on the Magenta subreddit. I thought some of it would die down today. NOPE.

What would I do if I were in T-Mobile's boat? I'd suggest offering 14 GB of hotspot along with the $25 HD video fee. That would at least give new customers the ability to construct the old unlimited plan.

I think they are definitely hurt and don't realize they couldn't out think Tmo. By activating their binge on and loving it they effectively gave Tmo favorable numbers /stats to do what they did. Figure out a way to bluff them with ul while increasing the real ul plan and taking some of what they had! (Hotspot) JL sure did snake them while trying to make it look like besting sprint!! Lmao

What. Magician!!

• Like 2

I know you'd like to think T-Mobile shit don't stank

But lean a little bit closer

See that Magenta really smells like poo-poo-ooo-ooo

AJ

• Like 4

I know you'd like to think T-Mobile shit don't stank

But lean a little bit closer

See that Magenta really smells like poo-poo-ooo-ooo

AJ

Nice, one of my favorite OutKast tracks.

• Like 3

Nice, one of my favorite OutKast tracks.

The weirdest thing is I just got back to Atlanta from visiting my family and Amigos in KY and that very song was playing in this pub as I read that. Oh, Atlanta. Of cooooouuuurrrsssseeeee.

• Like 1

I couldn't find where it mentions how much the extra monthly charge would be to keep Premium resolution. Is there any mention of that?

It is $20 per line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I currently have three lines sharing 40 gb. We never come close to that (and assume I don't get throttled) and pay $110 including taxes after an employee discount. Don't see the benefit of switching to this new plan. Anyone see something I don't?

I currently have three lines sharing 40 gb. We never come close to that (and assume I don't get throttled) and pay $110 including taxes after an employee discount. Don't see the benefit of switching to this new plan. Anyone see something I don't?

Never had an inkling to switch, if it costs a penny more and you don't need it. why even consider? I have 7 lines on the shared 40gb, never went close to 35gb a month.

• Like 1

That includes access fees and leasing/buying payments?? That's insane!!

I'm not a big fan of these access line charges, unless they were done in such a way that every line included some amount of data that could be shared or kept only for that line, depending on the customers choice. A good idea for Sprint would be to have a plan for $45 monthly with 15gb, and every line for $30 monthly with 5gb each. That way there is some value to these access lines. Otherwise, ditch the data buckets altogether and have either data per gb, per line, or have Unlimited.

I think its going to get that way eventually though where every line has its own data, and I'm surprised it hasn't already. Sharing data is too complex, and can cause a lot of fighting over data use. Not good.