Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Also, I just don't watch a lot of video on mobile. That said, if you're on the Note7 that T-Mobile and the other carriers are pimping out, I think a lot of people are going to be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 480p. I can on the Note5 and that is a similar screen.

That said I doubt they upsell much video.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's what they bank on, most users can't tell the difference and don't want movies on their phone all day long.

• Like 2

I'm reading more into the Reddit responses and I am seeing a lot of "I'm on a pretty sweet Simple Choice plan and I'm going to be mad if I ever get forced off it." That's a fair point. How long do the current plans stay around for grandfathered users? In the conference call Braxton Carter mentioned that "Simplicity drives cost reductions" so if that is the modus operandi I could see where people on the Magenta side are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The way I see it, they're now fully in violation of net-neutrality.  You want unthrottled data for certain services?  Pay up.

I disagree, they are actually doing all video traffic control unless you pay more, so it falls under network management.

• Like 2

I think this all makes sense now. Sprint has been testing this type of plan for a while now to see how people react to them. T-Mo caught wind of it/ the national release and wanted to beat Sprint to it first.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think this all makes sense now. Sprint has been testing this type of plan for a while now to see how people react to them. T-Mo caught wind of it/ the national release and wanted to beat Sprint to it first.

Except that T-Mobile's plans are not available till 9/6 and Marcelo is saying starting tomorrow 8/19 for Sprint.

• Like 4

Except that T-Mobile's plans are not available till 9/6 and Marcelo is saying starting tomorrow 8/19 for Sprint.

Right. The Sprint ones could have been released the day the new iPhone is released so John decided to one up him and Marcelo may have did a last minute one up on John. Who really knows for sure.

• Like 1

Right. The Sprint ones could have been released the day the new iPhone is released so John decided to one up him and Marcelo may have did a last minute one up on John. Who really knows for sure.

Goes to show that Marcelo isn't afraid to take risks with these kind of offers.

• Like 4

Sprint had these "Freedom" plans in trials in Milwaukee and Boston. They must have been pleased with the results, so why not pull the trigger now.

Loving the new nimble Sprint.

• Like 5

Sprint had these "Freedom" plans in trials in Milwaukee and Boston. They must have been pleased with the results, so why not pull the trigger now.

Loving the new nimble Sprint.

You and me both.

• Like 5

It's entertaining to see the back and forth here coming from real competition. That said, we're the winners as consumers with better choices and better rate plans. 

• Like 6

Goes to show that Marcelo isn't afraid to take risks with these kind of offers.

I agree 100% Marcelo saw the vision and took the risk.

• Like 3

Here's the Official Release:

Sprint Launches Unlimited Freedom: Two Lines of Unlimited Talk, Text and Data for Just $100– all on a Great Network – and the Best Price Among All National Carriers

Beginning, Friday, Aug. 19, Sprint will offer Unlimited Freedom:

• Unlimited talk, text and optimized streaming video, gaming and music
  • Unlimited nationwide 4G LTE data for most everything else
  • Just $60 a month for one line
  • $40 a month for a second line
  • $30 a month each for lines 3-10

• Like 3

What is the risk?

Um, you look at Magenta reddit yet? That would be the risk - that loyal customers get alienated. I didn't see this coming, I must admit. That said, the anger is clearly shown over there. 

• Like 1

Yeah -- it seems this was the straw that broke the backs of their faithful followers.

Which I suspect is why john didn't have this go into effect today.

But yeah pass the popcorn [emoji897] gifs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I just don't see the risk in offering the Unlimited Freedom plan. A plan that will be welcomed by a majority of Sprint users.

The risk isn't on the customer here.

It's on SoftBank as it will decrease profits in theory

In terms of Framily customers, it doesn't decrease profits, because I'd gladly pay $15/mo more for 5GB of tethering. 6GB on Framily is $50/mo! As soon as I pay off my lease, I'm switching.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The risk isn't on the customer here.

It's on SoftBank as it will decrease profits in theory

Ahhh finally!

Thank you for actually answering my question.

The risk is on Softbank and, by proximity, Marcelo..... Potentially decreasing profits.

• Like 2