Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I know it doesn't include Tmo unlimited plans.  Sprint would be crazy to offer Unlimited plans for $45.  But I think it includes Family Plans.  Sprint would be missing out on the biggest part if they didn't.  Not many individual account lines out there for the taking.

I agree - but it seems just individuals and only the new plans 

T-Mobile plan:Discount offer limited to T-Mobile’s advertised Simple Choice rate plan prices as of 11/16/15 for 2GB, 6GB and 10GB for non-discounted handsets only; tablet and MBB rate plans excluded. T-Mobile unlimited data rate plan excluded. Data is not shared among multiple lines. After high-speed data allotment is used, speeds will be reduced to 2G speeds (up to 128kbps) until the end of your bill cycle. Add'l on-network high-speed data allowance may be purchased at $15/GB.

OK.  Being nervous about Sprint is justified.  I interpreted your comment that you didn't feel comfortable posting at S4GRU because we may disagree with you.  No one should feel concerned about posting here.  Unless they are an idiot.  And clearly you are not.

Thanks, and I am comfortable posting. I guess it is the mind tricks that occur when writing a dissertation for a PhD.  I'll try to post more as it is good to clear my head and get away from science.  Does anyone still use the lounge? 

No, I'm not afraid that you might disagree with me and no I'm not afraid of debate. We used to have a great time in the chatroom together way back in the day. A lot has happened in life since then. You are very open and honest with pretty much everything. I rarely do post anymore and I do feel bad about it because I do miss the site. I just am getting increasingly nervous about this company and its forward progress. The financials are really not looking good and public perception is still in the toilet. Somehow they need to get the message across. If T-Mobile can do it, there is no reason why Sprint can't!

Sprint has the spectrum and with the densification project pending, I know Sprint will turn it around. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Well, Framily unlimited (on a 7 user Framily) was $45 so never say never  :lol:

Yeah, and they are trying to purge that like the Dickens.  I wouldn't say never.  But if they offered a straight up $45 unlimited plan for Tmo customers only, it would cause complete mayhem.  And they are also trying to get people to willingly to accept tiered plans.  So I would be surprised.  But if that happened, it would mean Sprint was desperate is for new customers.

• Like 1

I agree - but it seems just individuals and only the new plans 

T-Mobile plan:Discount offer limited to T-Mobile’s advertised Simple Choice rate plan prices as of 11/16/15 for 2GB, 6GB and 10GB for non-discounted handsets only; tablet and MBB rate plans excluded. T-Mobile unlimited data rate plan excluded. Data is not shared among multiple lines. After high-speed data allotment is used, speeds will be reduced to 2G speeds (up to 128kbps) until the end of your bill cycle. Add'l on-network high-speed data allowance may be purchased at $15/GB.

Simple Choice Plans include Family bundles.  I know, I have the 4 line Simple Choice Plan with 6GB per line.

It is just how JOD works. "No fees ever".

Yes.  But I paid for the SIM cards on all my Tmo lines, because I bring my own device.  They would not even let me use Tmo SIM cards that I had used in the past.  Had to have a SIM card that has never been used.  It is a de facto activation fee.  Even if people who lease their phone don't pay it.

• Like 2

T-Mobile's network covers 304 million POPs with LTE now. AT&T and Verizon both cover more than that. Sprint's does not come close. That's the difference.

Not to go wildly off subject, but... really?  I didn't think anyone actually believed T-Mobile's numbers.  I know I don't.  Way too many holes in the coverage (when you think about how wildly overstated the maps are) to actually reach that many people in a serious way.

By contrast, at least Sprint roams in places where it has no coverage.  True, I see T-Mobile native in more places than I see Sprint, but I have nTelos (which will soon be Sprint) and US Cellular and the RRPP members to fall back on (albeit in 3G--beats "No Service").  T-Mobile may be moving in that direction, but nothing is announced yet.  I have that on Sprint today.

- Trip

• Like 8

Yeah, and they are trying to purge that like the Dickens. I wouldn't say never. But if they offered a straight up $45 unlimited plan for Tmo customers only, it would cause complete mayhem. And they are also trying to get people to willingly to accept tiered plans. So I would be surprised. But if that happened, it would mean Sprint was desperate is for new customers.

I actually wish they would give me an incentive to get off framily. I know it won't last forever as people drop off, but compared to current plans I would have to lose half my members before it really makes sense. If they would make a deal to move my two lines to family share and waive the access fees I would consider for the hotspot benefit. I would be paying more and be happy. Win Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Stock went down 9% from the announcement today. Investors weren't too happy I guess? What does this mean for sprint financially?

Burning cash is why they are worried.

What does this mean for sprint financially?

With softbank owning approximately 82% of the company not much (you aren't worried about an activist investor coming in and demanding changes or a hostile takeover at this point). Longer term if the stock stays depressed it has the potential to impact rates for borrowing, and Sprint is still in a position where they need to borrow significant amounts of money for the foreseeable future.

T-Mobile is too bothered about Sprints announcement today. John had his 14 part tweet about it. It must've struck a nerve.

• Like 4

business is business 

Not at T-Mobile.  Business is frat boy posturing and trash talking.

AJ

• Like 10