Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I don't fear that day, in fact, I'm looking forward to it. It's inevitable for both companies.

He can't lie to them forever...

I believe I've seen fanboys asking if T-Mobile will go to Canada or Mexico to spread their "movement". They really don't live in reality, nor do they come up for air.

The T-Army is going to be in for a reality check, no matter how much nor how long they continue to tap-dance, attack and cry.

T-Mobile isn't taking over the world (or the US), sorry.

One thing is for certain, they are far from taking over the Midwest, as they have so little amount of spectrum here.

Another issue is that I'm so sick of them claiming T-Mobile did well, or well enough in the AWS3 auction, which they did not do either. They did poorly, at best, which shows they either don't care or have very little money, perhaps both. If it were the money, they should have forgone this area specific 700mhz spectrum purchase, and either saved it for the AWS3 auction or the 600mhz auction, which the latter I believe they'll do poorly in at best also,

However, the magenta minions will still be bragging on about how great their beloved company is while T-Mobile gets desperate for a merger. DT must have its good reasons for wanting to dump T-Mobile, which I certainly understand. I'm already excited to be dumping them for the excellent Sprint plan arrangement I'll be getting tomorrow.

• Like 2

If the FCC wants to side with ATT/Verizon's wishes on how much is set aside for smaller players, fine.  But in that case they need to reconsider the decision to prohibit joint bidding.   If Uncle Charlie is allowed to bid and he has the $$$, he's going to jam as many bidders into the mix as he can with the goal of eliminating one of the two small players from success for his nefarious network dreams.  Until we hear about him striking a deal with someone, you can rest assure his greed and penny pinching negotiation tactics are why he hasn't found that partner thus far. 

If the FCC wants to side with ATT/Verizon's wishes on how much is set aside for smaller players, fine. But in that case they need to reconsider the decision to prohibit joint bidding.

I thought softb was gonna fund this?[emoji12]

I got an earful on this topic.

The argument is: sprint and TMO are part of companies with caps of $70B each.

They can afford to bid.

Plus there's still gonna be 30mhz (at most) so one of TMO, sprint will have to compete for 10mhz with att/vzw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say screw 600Mhz. I think with the advent of C RAN and the reduced cost of site deployment, plus small cell they should concentrate their efforts on densifying 2500. Its future proof, plus less reliance on newer equipment.

Why rely on another small 10Mhz slice worth of spectrum when it will come at a huge cost! Which would affect current B41 deployment in a negative way.

When Verizon and Att first deployed LTE on a 10x10 slice, demand was exponentially lower. Today, that will barely get you by.

I say leave that bone to the dogs, and lets eat some steak....

• Like 3

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say screw 600Mhz. I think with the advent of C RAN and the reduced cost of site deployment, plus small cell they should concentrate their efforts on densifying 2500. Its future proof, plus less reliance on newer equipment.

Why rely on another small 10Mhz slice worth of spectrum when it will come at a huge cost! Which would affect current B41 deployment in a negative way.

When Verizon and Att first deployed LTE on a 10x10 slice, demand was exponentially lower. Today, that will barely get you by.

I say leave that bone to the dogs, and lets eat some steak....

Small cells is irrelevant for 600mhz. Sprints small cells won't even contain b26, only b25/41.

If sprint doesn't get more lowband, then it'll be limited in 'rural-ish' expansion.

Also robert stated 5x5 b26 is not enough for volte longterm. That is enough reason for at least 5x5 600

Small cells is irrelevant for 600mhz. Sprints small cells won't even contain b26, only b25/41.

If sprint doesn't get more lowband, then it'll be limited in 'rural-ish' expansion.

Also robert stated 5x5 b26 is not enough for volte longterm. That is enough reason for at least 5x5 600

Sprint is already balancing 3 separate bands, its complicated to say the least.  Add one more, and its another layer of unneeded complication.

Keep densifying, get that higher X MIMO activated, and forget 600Mhz!  

It would take Sprint another 3 years at best to get some sort of traction using 600Mhz.

Also, why do you say 600Mhz is irrelevant to small cell? CAPEX is CAPEX no matter how you direct it.

• Like 2

Sprint is already balancing 3 separate bands, its complicated to say the least. Add one more, and its another layer of unneeded complication.

Keep densifying, get that higher X MIMO activated, and forget 600Mhz!

It would take Sprint another 3 years at best to get some sort of traction using 600Mhz.

You keep on equating low band with X MIMO and other mid/high band technologies.

Low band is for in building and rural coverage.

You keep on equating low band with X MIMO and other mid/high band technologies.

Low band is for in building and rural coverage.

So your saying densification will not affect in building coverage?

So your saying densification will not affect in building coverage?

They can't afford to surround every big building with dozens of small cells.

But I don't have enough confidence in my arm-chair CEO abilities to address this question.

AJ, Robert?

They can't afford to surround every big building with dozens of small cells.

But I don't have enough confidence in my arm-chair CEO abilities to address this question.

AJ, Robert?

Nothing can achieve full in building coverage. That's what WiFi is for.

• Like 8

If Sprint ultimately wants to complete in rural areas, it will need more than the 5x5 below 1 GHz it effectively has now.  In most areas, Verizon and AT&T have 20x20 spread across 700 and 850 MHz, some of which is dedicated to 3G at present but will ultimately be used for LTE in the future, and Sprint's 5x5 won't touch that by a long shot. 

Small cells don't work in areas where there's no infrastructure to back them up.

- Trip

• Like 4

Even without the 600Mhz spectrum, this new network plan is sounding like it'll be a very nice upgrade for Sprint customers. If Sprint decides to participate in the auction, adding 600Mhz LTE on top of this would be an even better situation.

• Like 2

If Sprint ultimately wants to complete in rural areas, it will need more than the 5x5 below 1 GHz it effectively has now.  In most areas, Verizon and AT&T have 20x20 spread across 700 and 850 MHz, some of which is dedicated to 3G at present but will ultimately be used for LTE in the future, and Sprint's 5x5 won't touch that by a long shot. 

Small cells don't work in areas where there's no infrastructure to back them up.

- Trip

if anything can be learned from T-Mobile, it's that wireless carriers shouldn't and don't have to prioritize rural customers. it's part of the 'rural tax', you pay more for *everything* but real estate because you chose to live in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 3

AThe moment a T-Mobile customer steps out of town, they have no service.  While some people are willing to accept that, I'm sure many more do not, and even if Sprint doesn't use their 600 MHz purchase themselves, their RRPP partners will definitely use it and make Sprint service that much more attractive both to their own customers and those of the RRPP members.

Not going to comment on the "just move to the city!" fallacy that many people like to repeat.

- Trip

• Like 9

AThe moment a T-Mobile customer steps out of town, they have no service. While some people are willing to accept that, I'm sure many more do not, and even if Sprint doesn't use their 600 MHz purchase themselves, their RRPP partners will definitely use it and make Sprint service that much more attractive both to their own customers and those of the RRPP members.

Not going to comment on the "just move to the city!" fallacy that many people like to repeat.

- Trip

Agreed.

As much of a wireless enthusiast that I am, I would never move to a new location due to cell coverage from my current provider. I'd switch cell providers first.

• Like 4

AThe moment a T-Mobile customer steps out of town, they have no service. While some people are willing to accept that, I'm sure many more do not, and even if Sprint doesn't use their 600 MHz purchase themselves, their RRPP partners will definitely use it and make Sprint service that much more attractive both to their own customers and those of the RRPP members.

- Trip

Yet TMO is adding postpaid phone subs while sprint is not.

Imagine how well they'll do when they finish their GMO lte upgrades.

• Like 1

Yet TMO is adding postpaid phone subs while sprint is not.

Imagine how well they'll do when they finish their GMO lte upgrades.

Can you just put the following blurb in your signature?

"TMO is adding postpaid phone subscribers.  Sprint is not.  Na Na Na Boo Boo."   

• Like 7

Can you just put the following blurb in your signature?

"TMO is adding postpaid phone subscribers. Sprint is not. Na Na Na Boo Boo."

I addressed his comment about TMO not having rural coverage and it's impact.

• Like 1

I addressed his comment about TMO not having rural coverage and it's impact.

I'm just saying it would save you some significant time.  Instead of typing it out each time, you type it out once into your signature, then simply post "see signature."   :lol:

• Like 1

I have no problem with T-Mobile. I think they are doing a great job but they are just popular and "in" right now until the next "in" thing comes around. Everything has a season.

• Like 3

I have no problem with T-Mobile. I think they are doing a great job but they are just popular and "in" right now until the next "in" thing comes around. Everything has a season.

They have effective advertising.

Minimize their weaknesses and amplify their strengths. Legere def has created a cult for the ignorant just look at tmonews comments: it's obvious the ghetto is firmly behind Legere

• Like 2

Right which makes them popular and cool to be with. T-Mobile is in their season right now. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all had theirs at one point but ended once something better came along. The same can be said for T-Mobile. They will stay this way until the next cool thing appears.

I just read the rest of your post you updated. LMAO!!!

T-Mobile has a lot of die hard cult like people but I wonder how many would stay if one day (even though it will never happen) AT&T or Verizon felt giving and gave new customers a 60 day window to sign up with them get comparable data plans as T-Mobile that will slow you down to 1-2mbps after you hit your limit?

Minimize their weaknesses and amplify their strengths. Legere def has created a cult for the ignorant just look at tmonews comments: it's obvious the ghetto is firmly behind Legere

I should really stop reading TmoNews. People there are so oblivious to almost everything related to wireless networks.

That, and at work Adblock is not allowed. :(

• Like 2