Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Delays with the software is all I'm told....They've been working on s8 for internal testing and just rolled that out due to the largest Sprint sample size.

It could be sooner with the s9 but I guess it's not looking good from the last estimates!

Fingers crossed for all of us! [emoji1696]

Why is that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

https://newsroom.sprint.com/hulu-with-live-tv-now-available-to-sprint-customers.htm

Following the Sprint 30-day trial, the Hulu with Live TV subscription fee will be added to customers’ monthly Sprint bills to allow for easy payments. We’re also giving customers a $5 per month credit (applied to their Sprint bills) for the first six months. After the six months expire, subscribers pay $39.99 per month.”

12 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

https://newsroom.sprint.com/hulu-with-live-tv-now-available-to-sprint-customers.htm

Following the Sprint 30-day trial, the Hulu with Live TV subscription fee will be added to customers’ monthly Sprint bills to allow for easy payments. We’re also giving customers a $5 per month credit (applied to their Sprint bills) for the first six months. After the six months expire, subscribers pay $39.99 per month.”

I find it odd that they wouldn't just charge you the price difference (I believe its 7.99 for the ad based one) instead of just a $5 six month credit.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, greenbastard said:

Sprint PLMN, so it definitely is T-Mobile.

Only question is why is it coming up as "Roaming"? I thought all T-Mobile roaming this far was showing up as native on phones?

T-Mobile data usage is being treated as native, meaning no caps. However while roaming, your device will always show roaming, it will never show another network besides Sprint as native (at least so long as the networks are separate companies).

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed while roaming on band 4, is that google thinks im offline and not connected. To do a search I have to open a browser instead of using the google app. Play store is the same as well. Everything else seems to work fine though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travisc said:

One thing I've noticed while roaming on band 4, is that google thinks im offline and not connected. To do a search I have to open a browser instead of using the google app. Play store is the same as well. Everything else seems to work fine though.

I had this issue when i was roaming in the UK 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, travisc said:

My wife and I noticed this behavior while "Roaming" on T-Mobile this weekend while on HWY 16 in North Carolina near Charlotte.

18 hours ago, travisc said:

No problems here.

22 hours ago, travisc said:

Possibly from the increased latency?

All your data will go via a gateway miles from your location.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:40 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

T-Mobile data usage is being treated as native, meaning no caps. However while roaming, your device will always show roaming, it will never show another network besides Sprint as native (at least so long as the networks are separate companies).

Unless of course you are internationally roaming. My phone showed Telus when I was in Vancouver a few months ago and roaming via Global Roaming.

-Anthony

3 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

Unless of course you are internationally roaming. My phone showed Telus when I was in Vancouver a few months ago and roaming via Global Roaming.

-Anthony

iPhones may display the network that is being used for roaming. Android phones just show an "R" next to signal bars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Am i seeing this right!?? Contracts are back on Sprint!?

K0OChgW.png

With a way worse subsidy..?

Were contracts ever really removed? Just moved from the phone service and added as a device finance charge wth 24 months to pay.   

But it did lessen the cost of phone service! So that’s good! 

Above doesnt look too bad - half of the price of the phone   Paid upfront with no monthly fees   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnner1999 said:

Were contracts ever really removed? Just moved from the phone service and added as a device finance charge wth 24 months to pay.   

But it did lessen the cost of phone service! So that’s good! 

Above doesnt look too bad - half of the price of the phone   Paid upfront with no monthly fees   

My service plan (ED1500)  has been unchanged since it's inception. Except now you have to pay the full price of the device vs paying 1/4th the device cost. Those "subsidize" charges were introduced later.

7 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Am i seeing this right!?? Contracts are back on Sprint!?

K0OChgW.png

With a way worse subsidy..?

It is showing up for me too, but when I sign in, it goes away. I have the ED1500. I wonder why they're showing the option for new customers where there is a subsidy fee.

I saw this a month ago and posted it on reddit and was told by many on there and downvotes that I was on the business website. Go figure others are seeing it now. If Sprint really brings contracts back, would it really help them at this point with customer retention?