Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

7 hours ago, runagun said:

Im talking to the big wigs @ from Marci's Office. Doesnt help that my MagicBox is stuck on device startup for the last three days.  And its been unplugged.  Anyone know how to take it apart so i can take the battery out of it to restart it?

Try taking it to a different location (across town, work, friend's house a few miles away, etc) to see if it boots up there. Give it an hour at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Looks like GS8 has the biggest android sample size of users live on the network. 

I’m guessing the S8 and S8+ were also likely the primary test device models for VoLTE and so Sprint knows how it will perform on them pretty well. Sprint’s playing it pretty safe for this rollout.

• Like 3

T-Mobile releases an article about them being the fastest 5 years in a row via Ookla. However, it was definitely great to see that Sprint is keeping up on the download side. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/fastest-lte-19-quarters

12 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That upload doesn't impress. People do more uploading at those things

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Like texing and driving, uploads can wait. Very few people care that something up loads instantly. Why woulf they, the point of uploading something is that people can view it whenever. 

Im talking to the big wigs @ from Marci's Office. Doesnt help that my MagicBox is stuck on device startup for the last three days.  And its been unplugged.  Anyone know how to take it apart so i can take the battery out of it to restart it?
If you have the model with the eink screen, then it is off. The screen uses no power to stay "on". It retains the last image that was on it, and you need power to change it or clear it. I'm guessing you unplugged it while it was on startup, so the screen never got erased.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ingenium said:

If you have the model with the eink screen, then it is off. The screen uses no power to stay "on". It retains the last image that was on it, and you need power to change it or clear it. I'm guessing you unplugged it while it was on startup, so the screen never got erased.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Its been pluuged in for the last day and no resolve.  They want to send me a new MB.  But the dont have any new ones to send.  So Im stuck with poo poo service.   

11 hours ago, derrph said:

T-Mobile releases an article about them being the fastest 5 years in a row via Ookla. However, it was definitely great to see that Sprint is keeping up on the download side. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/fastest-lte-19-quarters

I am so impressed with how fast they have deployed first band 12 then band 71. That's why I want the merger to succeed. Those boys know how to get shyte done!

• Like 2

I am so impressed with how fast they have deployed first band 12 then band 71. That's why I want the merger to succeed. Those boys know how to get shyte done!

I believe if Sprint had more money like vzw money they would not only have better coverage but, have gotten in on 600 mhz also. I don't by that they actually think they don't need any more lowband BW which is why they want the Merger.

1 hour ago, belusnecropolis said:

Will the unsold band 71 blocks be reauctioned alongside mm wave?

They will be re-auctioned but probably in a separate auction from mmwave. I have a hunch that CBRS PAL frequencies will be auctioned first.

Edited by bigsnake49

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

I believe if Sprint had more money like vzw money they would not only have better coverage but, have gotten in on 600 mhz also. I don't by that they actually think they don't need any more lowband BW which is why they want the Merger.

Sprint has not had any money since they merged with Nextel. They had to borrow heavily to buy their affiliates and the Nextel Partners affiliate of Nextel. Then they had to pay for the rebanding. That was such an ill-advised merger.

• Like 2

Sprint has not had any money since they merged with Nextel. They had to borrow heavily to buy their affiliates and the Nextel Partners affiliate of Nextel. Then they had to pay for the rebanding. That was such an ill-advised merger.
I know all that. That's why I say 'if'

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 2:11 PM, jreuschl said:

https://www.tmonews.com/2018/08/t-mobile-mid-band-lte-capacity-upgrades-hundreds-cell-sites-2/

Why can't Sprint do something like these announcements on a regular basis?  It would give customers confidence there are specific examples of upgrades in their market.

Has anyone living in a soft launch market experienced a true VoLTE  phone call? If so, how was the call quality? 

Sorry I didn’t mean to reply to the quote 

My wife and I both have unlocked S8 from Samsung and for the most part, couldn't notice any difference being on VoLTE. The one time I did, she was driving threw a town with horrible Sprint service. Her call started to sound pixelated but even before VoLTE, her calls sounded horrible while driving in it. We didn't drop connection but sounded like it could.

I'm from the Columbus, OH market. Screenshot_20181003-155922_Speedtest.thumb.jpeg.ab8f0efb1f374e8d30aa3634bb156f03.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So remember some months ago I had T-Mobile roaming while on Sprint 1X, and then it vanished?  I was sitting in the hospital in Farmville earlier today on 1X when suddenly, my LG G6 popped up that it had received a profile update.  When it finished reconnecting, I was still on Sprint 1X, but on US Cellular LTE roaming.  And, indeed, I've continued to have US Cellular roaming available to me in areas where Sprint LTE is unavailable throughout the day.

No sign of T-Mobile roaming though.  I would imagine they want to prioritize US Cellular roaming over T-Mobile anyway, and US Cellular is a lot better than T-Mobile around here.

My wife (Galaxy S7) and my mother (Moto E4 Plus) both do not seem to have gotten such an update yet.  I hope it is coming.

- Trip

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trip said:

So remember some months ago I had T-Mobile roaming while on Sprint 1X, and then it vanished?  I was sitting in the hospital in Farmville earlier today on 1X when suddenly, my LG G6 popped up that it had received a profile update.  When it finished reconnecting, I was still on Sprint 1X, but on US Cellular LTE roaming.  And, indeed, I've continued to have US Cellular roaming available to me in areas where Sprint LTE is unavailable throughout the day.

No sign of T-Mobile roaming though.  I would imagine they want to prioritize US Cellular roaming over T-Mobile anyway, and US Cellular is a lot better than T-Mobile around here.

My wife (Galaxy S7) and my mother (Moto E4 Plus) both do not seem to have gotten such an update yet.  I hope it is coming.

- Trip

new PRL?