Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. We're still waiting for them to overlay their existing EVDO network with LTE.

Sprint should have LTE on every site across its network by the end of July this year.

• Like 1

I do remember all of that. I do also remember Dan saying that he wanted to throw their 2.5 on every single tower that Sprint had. How that would have looked idk. I would guess in rural areas that would be great and would have gave the big two a run for their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5 on every tower would have been and still would be a great start. Then get all of those towers on at least 2xca, with 3xca on towers that really need it. Afterwards, spend upgrading where necessary with densification as the network ratings improve and more customers are gained. Eventually, Sprint could get all towers up to 3xca, have a density to where at least PCS is usable, due to the majority band41 network usability. Then when things are looking great with the network, start to figure out the financials then.

Can admin please consider limiting the # of posts someone can post in one day? One particular user is making this forum very painful to read/be involved in. Should it be allowed to continue?

I believe the excessive number to be a case of PWM -- Posting While Medicated.

"Sir, I am going to need you to put down the handset and/or step away from the keyboard."

AJ

• Like 7

I believe the excessive number to be a case of PWM -- Posting While Medicated.

"Sir, I am going to need you to put down the handset and/or step away from the keyboard."

AJ

You actually didn't answer his question, AJ.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this about Sprint suing the FCC. Not a good decision if it expects to get a merger deal approved :

http://www.insidesources.com/sprint-windstream-sue-fcc-over-business-internet-deregulation/

They wont take that into consideration. They are forbidden by law.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You actually didn't answer his question, AJ.

That was the nice answer, using humor to deflect from the situation.  Would you prefer the answer be that staff impose strict moderation on you again?  Because that is a distinct possibility.

AJ

• Like 2

That was the nice answer, using humor to deflect from the situation.  Would you prefer the answer be that staff impose strict moderation on you again?  Because that is a distinct possibility.

AJ

He wanted to know about daily post limits and that was an interesting question, despite my thinking it won't work. That is what I meant by my quoting you. There are others who would have responded much worse to you, AJ. Such as the lady from the other site.

If I'm going to be moderated for backing up his question with my own interest in the possibility of post limits, I really don't see how that breaks the rules here.

They wont take that into consideration. They are forbidden by law.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I hope you're right about them not doing so, as I believe you on the law issue. Human nature though I'm not so sure. People can be quite corrupt.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this about Sprint suing the FCC. Not a good decision if it expects to get a merger deal approved :

http://www.insidesources.com/sprint-windstream-sue-fcc-over-business-internet-deregulation/

They're suing because they've been investing heavily in growing their MPLS business and in getting their SD-WAN services launched, both of which depend heavily on competitive services offered through the regulations that were just rolled back. It's a major loss for them.

• Like 2

If I'm going to be moderated for backing up his question with my own interest in the possibility of post limits, I really don't see how that breaks the rules here.

No, that is not the issue.  Staff can take action for the good of S4GRU -- even if site rules have not been broken.  And when multiple members are complaining about the volume -- both in number and in length -- of another member's posts, then staff may have to act.

Post/Comment Moderation. S4GRU Administrators, Moderators and staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post, comment or profile of any member at any time.

AJ

• Like 9

No, that is not the issue. Staff can take action for the good of S4GRU -- even if site rules have not been broken. And when multiple members are complaining about the volume -- both in number and in length -- of another member's posts, then staff may have to act.

Post/Comment Moderation. S4GRU Administrators, Moderators and staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post, comment or profile of any member at any time.

AJ

So what you are saying is that if some people complain that someone posts too much, they can be moderated? That puts an unfair mob advantage, AJ. I'm not even arguing/debating staff rights, as I understand that, but its very easy for a group of people to simply decide they don't like someone's posts, even if that person has done nothing against the rules, but simply target them for their dislike. Again, mob mentality.

They're suing because they've been investing heavily in growing their MPLS business and in getting their SD-WAN services launched, both of which depend heavily on competitive services offered through the regulations that were just rolled back. It's a major loss for them.

Hi JW,

I definitely am not against Sprint's right to sue. I think they have a good reason to do so from what I've read. I'm just concerned that the individuals at the FCC will loophole into finding flaw against Sprint in their pursuit to merge with T-Mobile, regardless of the laws involved utiz mentioned. Human nature to get revenge is higher than the law, and even morality/ethics in so many cases nowadays.

So what you are saying is that if some people complain that someone posts too much, they can be moderated? That puts an unfair mob advantage, AJ. I'm not even arguing/debating staff rights, as I understand that, but its very easy for a group of people to simply decide they don't like someone's posts, even if that person has done nothing against the rules, but simply target them for their dislike. Again, mob mentality.

The flip side of that is a persecution complex and victimhood.

AJ

• Like 3

Are they though? Without the proper investment, they've been playing catch-up to everyone, even T-Mobile.

Sprint just started deploying small cells in NYC. VZW? They've been at it for two years and have already committed to deploying more.

Now they're deploying small cells in suburbs and other less populous communities; places where Sprint won't get around to improving for a few years because they need to work on their urban network first.

IMO, this is Sprint's biggest weakness, suburbs near major cities. Once you get out of Boston proper, Sprint's network starts to thin-out rapidly. Verizon already has small cells and oDAS systems to solve this problem (Chestnut Hill, Brookline, Newton, etc)

Sprint not improving their network in smaller communities is not true.  I live in small town with a population less than 45,000, all four major carriers are located here and almost on a regular basis I see tower crews doing upgrades for Sprint and Verizon.  

Verizon has been busy adding AWS and even erected a few new monopole cell sites, Sprint has been busy adding Band 41 2500MHz (NSN mini macs and 8T8R) to all their existing 800/1900MHz sites, cell site optimization, replacing 1900 RRUs, and even adding 4x MIMO PCS upgrades here.  

• Like 1

Sprint should have LTE on every site across its network by the end of July this year.

Where did you read this?

Here?: http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-to-deploy-lte-cat-1-by-end-july-cat-m-coming-mid-2018

"Sprint says it will complete its deployment of LTE Cat 1 technology across its nationwide network by the end of July, and it plans to begin deploying LTE Cat M in mid-2018 followed by LTE Cat NB1."

Five months ago, Günther said during his Reddit AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/5ipysj/2nd_ama_here_we_come/

"70% of our LTE sites have 2.5GHz. We are doing both. A lot of parallel work going on here as you can see..."

Seems to me based on the Coverage Map, unless there's a sudden acceleration in work pace or CapEx, I don't believe Sprint will finish deploying LTE to every tower by the end of July. Of course, I could be completely wrong on that.

• Like 1

I can only speak for this local area, but in Fairfax County VA, Sprint has applied for permits to convert the four 3G-only sites near me to GMO LTE sites.  Two of the permits are granted, two are pending, but they're obviously trying to get it done.

- Trip

• Like 5

Sprint not improving their network in smaller communities is not true. I live in small town with a population less than 45,000, all four major carriers are located here and almost on a regular basis I see tower crews doing upgrades for Sprint and Verizon.

Maybe that's the case for your area, but in my region, Sprint seems to be doing the least amount of work to scrap by.

Odd gaps in LTE coverage with the cell grid stretched as far as possible. Even inside the city, Sprint is completely crawling. Data is almost always dead in downtown during work hours, even with 2xCA active.

If there are real improvements happening, I'm not seeing it.

I wonder if they will hit their July goal...

Edited by WiseGuy321

My area just had four gmo conversions completed..... b25/b26 with b41 mini macs with three from Granville, OH and one from the Pataskala area.

Service is night and day better!!!!

No, that is not the issue.  Staff can take action for the good of S4GRU -- even if site rules have not been broken.  And when multiple members are complaining about the volume -- both in number and in length -- of another member's posts, then staff may have to act.

Post/Comment Moderation. S4GRU Administrators, Moderators and staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post, comment or profile of any member at any time.

AJ

Do it AJ, just do it.

• Like 4

I can only speak for this local area, but in Fairfax County VA, Sprint has applied for permits to convert the four 3G-only sites near me to GMO LTE sites.  Two of the permits are granted, two are pending, but they're obviously trying to get it done.

- Trip

It's nice to hear about that progress. Sprint just has to get to the other side of its debt curve and pay it down enough to have some breathing room for CapEx.

Perhaps we'll see more rapid improvements once more Magic Boxes get into the field.

• Like 1

It is overblown because it is affecting people in real pain. There are many, many people with severe chronic pain who cannot get a doctor to prescribe what they need, because so many doctors are terrified about being arrested. It would be better if society were to simply accept individual responsibility into what people take, and let those who truly are n pain be treated as such, rather than as potential drug pushers.

Anyways, this is besides the point I initially made with Legere and Claure, which wouldn't have got into this had I not been questioned as though I'm suppose to be taking a medical test on a Sprint/wireless-network enthusiast website.

What would be better, is if the United States wasn't the most medicated country in the world. We make up around 5% of the world's population, yet we take 95% of the opiates produced.  If that doesn't cause anyone with a lick of sense to do a double-take, then there-in lies the problem.

Since I like posting proof, HERE

I won't deviate any further...except to say that when I was dependent, I didn't like the idea of being told I couldn't have them either. So I understand the prospect of having those "precious opiates" taken away from you.

I digress..

Carry on.

• Like 2

I have heard rumor of B41 in/around Huntsville...but I personally haven't been there to see it.

In Birmingham/Hoover/Inverness, I have seen a 2nd B25 carrier according to SCP...

And I know for a fact in McComb, MS, LTE on C-Spire is treated as native LTE on Sprint. I had it last year when I was there in ~August or so. I actually used my phone as a hotspot with C-spire LTE...but it was showing native.

As for Slidell, I can't say. I hope to see B41 for the first time ever when we are in Slidell. We will be at the Wingate on Gauze...so I should be in a perfect spot to get B41..

Last time I was in Slidell, the speeds were great.

Locally, Sprint is overselling it's network faster than the upgrades can provide service. When I first saw LTE in my little town, the speeds were around 30mbps down, 12mbps up...

Now, 3 years later, the speeds hover around 6-7mbps down, and 2-3mbps up..

So the service has definitely expanded ...but backhaul and 2nd carrier aren't ..yet.

Still hoping to see 10x10 in central AL soon...

• Like 1

I don't foresee getting any band 41 in the entire of Alabama.unless things have changed since I last talked with Sprint

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I believe you would find b41 in Auburn but it has been six months since I have been there.