Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

What Sprint/T-Mobile merger?

The one that has been rumored for over a year the Obama FCC administration didn't seem interested in approving. Ever since then, Masayoshi Son has been waiting for an FCC administration more likely to approve of one, which he may have with Trump. Ever since last week, there have been many reports of discussions between Softbank and DT. Figuratively, it makes sense Marcelo might bring it up, along with the 5G discussions.

Well, that is one thing he has in common with John Legere. Perhaps they could go running together. Just so they don't bet on whoever wins gets control of the combined Sprint/T-Mobile. As much I hate to say it, I think John Legere would win in a race against Marcelo.

• Like 1

Well, that is one thing he has in common with John Legere. Perhaps they could go running together. Just so they don't bet on whoever wins gets control of the combined Sprint/T-Mobile. As much I hate to say it, I think John Legere would win in a race against Marcelo.

Legere would probably win in a race. According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Legere):

"Legere was a nationally competitive runner in college and post college, and still competes in events with fellow employees. In 2004, he completed the Boston Marathon as a member of the Dana–Farber Cancer Institute Marathon Challenge team.[5] In May 2016 in support of competitive running, he purchased ad space on Nick Symmonds's shoulder for T-Mobile. [13]"

• Like 1

Marcelo nor Legere likely give a rip who goes... a very plush payout awaits the CEO who departs

I dream about being paid to go away one day ! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Marcelo nor Legere likely give a rip who goes... a very plush payout awaits the CEO who departs

I dream about being paid to go away one day ! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Softbank hands over Control to T-Mobile parent company then Marcelo will be the one to go. They want to keep John.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A user posted on reddit the call he got about his Magic box preorder.  They wont send him one because there is no band 41 in his area which is what the magic box apparently needs...yet, we know band 25 can be used as fall back.  Have my hopes been dashed or do I have to get thrown into the sprint rep lottery and hope whoever gets my order knows the actual capabilities of the box?  I know the first version of this box had lock up issues on band 25...wonder if they are seeing more problems with this?

Never race for pink slips or ownership of a company. :-)

• Like 1

If Softbank hands over Control to T-Mobile parent company then Marcelo will be the one to go. They want to keep John.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

To be fair, John has done a better job with his company that Marcelo has done with his.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

A user posted on reddit the call he got about his Magic box preorder.  They wont send him one because there is no band 41 in his area which is what the magic box apparently needs...yet, we know band 25 can be used as fall back.

The key word is fallback. The whole purpose of the device much like Mobilitie's small cell deployments using relay is to utilize a dedicated 2.5 channel for backhaul.  So I can't say I'm surprised they're rejecting places that only have band 25 or in rf places where they don't think there will be a potential band 41 macro donor. In either of those scenarios an AIRAVE is the more appropriate solution.

• Like 7

As much I hate to say it, I think John Legere would win in a race against Marcelo.

Sorry but Legere comes across as a two packs a day smoker. 

The key word is fallback. The whole purpose of the device much like Mobilitie's small cell deployments using relay is to utilize a dedicated 2.5 channel for backhaul.  So I can't say I'm surprised they're rejecting places that only have band 25 or in rf places where they don't think there will be a potential band 41 macro donor. In either of those scenarios an AIRAVE is the more appropriate solution.

The device did not debut with such restrictions though.  http://newsroom.sprint.com/magic-box/  Even Gunthers video does not touch on that, just that it is a device meant to help indoor coverage.  If I had to guess, demand far outpaced supply so they decided to go this route, hopefully just initially.

The device did not debut with such restrictions though.  http://newsroom.sprint.com/magic-box/  Even Gunthers video does not touch on that, just that it is a device meant to help indoor coverage.  If I had to guess, demand far outpaced supply so they decided to go this route, hopefully just initially.

Maybe once they have a solid CA and 10x10 deployment of B25 it would make more sense.

But it really doesn't make a lot of sense to deploy the magic box in places where it limits backhaul to only a 5x5 block.

Sorry but Legere comes across as a two packs a day smoker.

Despite my disliking for John Legere's attitude, I envy the fact he can run. I barely can stand up, and I'd certainly fall down even trying to run. Also, while I agree he seems like a smoker to me too, his nerves aren't impaired like mine. The fact he does competitive running at all tells me he's in better health than I'm in. My aunt has been a long time smoker, yet she walks really fast. So, judging from what I know, despite my own lack of any athletic ability, I'd say John Legere, regardless of smoking, still has a good chance.

• Like 1

Despite my disliking for John Legere's attitude, I envy the fact he can run. I barely can stand up, and I'd certainly fall down even trying to run. Also, while I agree he seems like a smoker to me too, his nerves aren't impaired like mine. The fact he does competitive running at all tells me he's in better health than I'm in. My aunt has been a long time smoker, yet she walks really fast. So, judging from what I know, despite my own lack of any athletic ability, I'd say John Legere, regardless of smoking, still has a good chance.

I'm a smoker, doesn't hinder my ability to perform. I also really only smoke when I drink which is a few days a week so that may have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Can we stop with the rumors about John being a smoker.  Is this even confirmed?  It seems pretty silly to me because he seems to be in good shape and has nothing to do with this topic.

• Like 5

I'm a smoker, doesn't hinder my ability to perform. I also really only smoke when I drink which is a few days a week so that may have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think there is a really bad situation in society currently with this "scare" of so-called "substance abuse", and the supposed negative effects of it. Such as this ridiculous uproar over the "Opiod Epidemic", which any imposed restrictions on physicians prescribing could have very real and serious consequences on people with chronic pain, such as what I have. I've been on pain medication the strength of which people who are advocating for restrictions on prescribing would say that based on what I've been taking, other people have died taking much less. Yet, I haven't. Although, if it weren't for the pain medication I'm on which controls it for the most part, I know I wouldn't still be here.

I've done alot of work for organizations that deal in helping people have choice-in-dying, and was advocating one in the media back in 2009. I'd say my knowledge in that field is as strong in contrast with Robert and AJ's knowledge in Sprint and wireless. I even administrated a few support forums for people with health crises. So again, despite my own lack of health/athletic ability, I have plenty of knowledge over the effects of health issues, and I still say John Legere has a good chance at winning a race, and even against Marcelo based on my opinion.

Nothing against Marcelo though. I think he'd give good competition for John Legere. However, I'm also trying to understand why Marcelo didn't get more upset at Legere when Legere made that horrible comment about Marcelo's drinking. I was really upset by it just hearing what he said, as I view it as a form of "Health Shaming", or "Substance Shaming". Seriously, what does it matter to Legere if Marcelo drinks. Yet, the one thing obvious to anyone would be, and not to guilt Marcelo by any means, but if he did drink, I think that would affect him more athletically than say, smoking. Still, that isn't a certainty. Nor am I judging.

Can we stop with the rumors about John being a smoker. Is this even confirmed? It seems pretty silly to me because he seems to be in good shape and has nothing to do with this topic.

I agree, hence my above post. Hopefully that will give a good outlook into it, as I don't think its a big deal against him.

Edit Note :

I forgot to post this here yesterday. An update of sorts regarding the potential Sprint/T-Mobile merger :

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/05/t-mobile-executives-merger-sprint-logical-partner/

The whole Sprint/T-Mobile merger is becoming a tired topic in this thread. I think it would be best best for you to create a separate thread to continue that discussion there.

I agree.

The whole Sprint/T-Mobile merger is becoming a tired topic in this thread. I think it would be best best for you to create a separate thread to continue that discussion there.

I would, but since technically it is Sprint-related, I don't think the staff would allow it, based on trying to minimize too many threads being of the same/similar topic.

I too vote on separating merger talk. I personally do not care for it until it actually starts happening, if ever.

Well, if someone wants to start a separate thread for it, thats fine. Again, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I've been told before by staff not to create a thread related to Sprint that could go into the main thread here, and I've had threads converted into posts here for that very reason.

• Like 1