Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That pic only looks like 2Xca

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Thats what i thought but I read before posting that theoretical max of 2 channel carrier aggregation is 160 mbps under ideal conditions so liek in the lab. plus, i was told up thread that HTC does not display the third carrier for whatever reason.

• Like 3

Thats what i thought but I read before posting that theoretical max of 2 channel carrier aggregation is 160 mbps under ideal conditions so liek in the lab. plus, i was told up thread that HTC does not display the third carrier for whatever reason.

Certainly 3XCA..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-386-sprint-lte-advanced-carrier-aggregation-discovered-live-today-in-atlanta-b41-2xca/

• Like 3

Any proof of the 3rd carrier being in NY. Last I heard it wasn't

Have not seen conclusive evidence, though I do not know where the EARFCN posted earlier falls in respect to the carriers on air in NYC.

Sent from my LG G5

Have not seen conclusive evidence, though I do not know where the EARFCN posted earlier falls in respect to the carriers on air in NYC.

Sent from my LG G5

If someone posted Signal check pro with a 3 next to it that would make it easy.

Didnt Sprint have a press event at One World a few weeks back to showcase 3xCA? Thats the only reason I specifically checked there as there was chatter that possibly it was only for sprint techs to access. I was interested in whether consumer devices could do it and since the Bolt is the only device out right now with it enabled it made sense for me to check.

I think the speeds are to high for it to be 2xCA right?

• Like 2

Didnt Sprint have a press event at One World a few weeks back to showcase 3xCA? Thats the only reason I specifically checked there as there was chatter that possibly it was only for sprint techs to access. I was interested in whether consumer devices could do it and since the Bolt is the only device out right now with it enabled it made sense for me to check.

Marcelo tweeted about it.

• Like 1

Yes they are.

There's still a 100% chance of that 20% chance happening.

That's what always gets me about these predictions from analysts... Analysts can say "20% chance", and they're "right" either way.

Either it happens and they say, "I said 20% chance that it would happen"... or it doesn't happen and they say "I said 20% chance that it would happen".... It's the same thing.

Heck, an analyst could say "99% chance" and still have an out if it doesn't come through on that remaining 1%.... such that it would be a 100% chance of a 99% chance ... and a 100% chance of a 1% chance.

It's totally meaningless.

• Like 4

I don't get why people are so obsessed about this merger going through. The bad far outweighs the good with this buyout/merger.

Because it's slow news day. 

But this is why I am very optimistic with Sprint, with or without the merger.  They have all the tools at their disposal (spectrum, increase cash flow, favorable regulatory environment for network build out), they just need to execute. 

“Sprint management also expects to out-execute T-Mobile over the next two years, making a deal more attractive for them over time, but not in 2017.”

I do not believe the merger will happen between Sprint and Tmo.  The feature is with a wireline and wireless.  The synergy is tremendous when these organizations combine.  T and VZ is already moving in that directions. T is much more aggressive. 

• Like 1

Because it's slow news day.

But this is why I am very optimistic with Sprint, with or without the merger. They have all the tools at their disposal (spectrum, increase cash flow, favorable regulatory environment for network build out), they just need to execute.

“Sprint management also expects to out-execute T-Mobile over the next two years, making a deal more attractive for them over time, but not in 2017.”

I do not believe the merger will happen between Sprint and Tmo. The feature is with a wireline and wireless. The synergy is tremendous when these organizations combine. T and VZ is already moving in that directions. T is much more aggressive.

The merger between wireless and wireline is more of what I'm thinking also. Dish and some of the cable cos are the only ones without a wireless division. Verizon and ATT already have both and are focusing on providing their video services.

I think that Sprint wants to elevate its market cap to approximately equal to T-Mobile's. Right now Sprint's is about $33-34B and T-Mobile's is $47B.

That or expand coverage faster. We all know Sprint needs bigger footprint..

• Like 4

I can see the T-Mobile fanboys foaming at the mouth and thinking no way this could happen.

• Like 1

I think that Sprint wants to elevate its market cap to approximately equal to T-Mobile's. Right now Sprint's is about $33-34B and T-Mobile's is $47B.

Related, didn't Marcelo have a large number of stock options that he could cash in once the stock price hit $8?  I see the price is currently at $8.42/share.  I wonder if we'll see an SEC filing next year regarding Marcelo selling stock.  

Related, didn't Marcelo have a large number of stock options that he could cash in once the stock price hit $8?  I see the price is currently at $8.42/share.  I wonder if we'll see an SEC filing next year regarding Marcelo selling stock.  

I think it has to stay at or above 8 for like 150 days or something?

Yes.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/technology/article92674502.html

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-extends-claure-s-contract-until-2019-will-give-him-10m-shares-if-he-gets-stock-to-8

:td:

It's too early to give Claure an $80+ million stock bonus.  I want Claure and top Sprint executive to stay hungry for at least another 12 to 24 months.  The company has still not yet earned a profit and continues to carry a growing $37 billion in debt.

:td:

It's too early to give Claure an $80+ million stock bonus.  I want Claure and top Sprint executive to stay hungry for at least another 12 to 24 months.  The company has still not yet earned a profit and continues to carry a growing $37 billion in debt.

Are you truly that confident that they stay above $8 for the next 5 months?

Are you truly that confident that they stay above $8 for the next 5 months?

As long as the merger rumors stay alive and/or their fiscal turnaround continues to show progress, I think it should stay just around $8-$8.50.