Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Same with me!

My Sprint service was just fine during the 'Winter Awakens' Blizzard in the NoVA.

Ditto, but I am reminiscent of days of overloaded CDMA and an extra hot Galaxy SIII. It was a great feature when it was cold out.  :P  

• Like 2

Just a thought. Would it be possible for Sprint to change from data bucket plans to speed plans like cable? For example, 1.5 mbps, 8 mbps(like cricket) and no limit. I think it would be a good counter to binge on, music freedom and wouldn't affect net neutrality. This would make Sprint plans simpler and possibly control network load. I think Sprint has to think out the box and take a step ahead instead of just matching other carriers. Just an idea.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a thought. Would it be possible for Sprint to change from data bucket plans to speed plans like cable? For example, 1.5 mbps, 8 mbps(like cricket) and no limit. I think it would be a good counter to binge on, music freedom and wouldn't affect net neutrality. This would make Sprint plans simpler and possibly control network load. I think Sprint has to think out the box and take a step ahead instead of just matching other carriers. Just an idea.

It would be very hard to offer a service guarantee of any kind though which would bring down customer satisfaction. Also, you have people like me who are OK with 1 Mbps. The only time I get a speed boost is when cable companies raise their minimum.
  • Like 1

Your idea sounds great, however I don't think it's doable right now in till the network is consistently strong across all markets.

It would be very hard to offer a service guarantee of any kind though which would bring down customer satisfaction. Also, you have people like me who are OK with 1 Mbps. The only time I get a speed boost is when cable companies raise their minimum.

I know there's many areas lacking sufficient speeds now but it could improve if many users are throttled there. I wouldn't be surprised if T-Mobile does this. They already have. They launched binge on and enabled it on everyone and then gave everyone free unlimited for 3 months. I think it was a big experiment to see how the network handles everyone on unlimited but throttled. Now they offer a great new unlimited promotion. Unlimited but throttled looks like the trend.

• Like 1

I know there's many areas lacking sufficient speeds now but it could improve if many users are throttled there. I wouldn't be surprised if T-Mobile does this. They already have. They launched binge on and enabled it on everyone and then gave everyone free unlimited for 3 months. I think it was a big experiment to see how the network handles everyone on unlimited but throttled. Now they offer a great new unlimited promotion. Unlimited but throttled looks like the trend.

Throttled at dial up speeds is the only type of throttling that works.

General throttling (1 Mbps for example) would just clog the network even further. The faster people are in and out, the less congested the network will be. Throttling them would just keep them on the network a lot longer than needed.

• Like 1

TMO has been showing in the 100's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.. when no one was there in their seats before the game. 

Here: https://www.facebook.com/JohnJLegere/photos/a.1444501559188725.1073741828.1444207845884763/1507106902928190/?type=3&theater

Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CapH7pbUUAAmpa9?format=pjpg&name=large

Whereas that speed test is from when the game began and tens of thousands of people are in their seats. 

It's fantastic speeds for such an event considering at other similar occasions before hand it would be at the 1-2 mbs or timing out. 

• Like 5

The stadium looks a little more full in this picture

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Do you not see the link I posted that was from JL posting a 100+ mbps speed test?

That was the 100 mbps comment i was responding to. 

Furthermore your image helps my point. Don't see 100 mbps+ speeds during the game now though it is quite decent speeds. 

• Like 1

Do you not see the link I posted that was from JL posting a 100+ mbps speed test?

That was the 100 mbps comment i was responding to.

Furthermore your image helps my point. Don't see 100 mbps+ speeds during the game now though it is quite decent speeds.

I'm a little confused by what your trying to say. You said the speed was fast but that there was hardly anyone there in the original pic. I only posted the other pic to show that it is still fast with people there

• Like 1

I'm a little confused by what your trying to say. You said the speed was fast but that there was hardly anyone there in the original pic. I only posted the other pic to show that it is still fast with people there

A previous post said tmobile was averaging 100s without context.

I provided the image that specified the 100 Mbps speeds which was a JL post on Facebook pregame in a comparison between tmobile and Verizon.

You bumped in with a screenshot during game time which is not relevant to the conversation I was in.

A previous post said tmobile was averaging 100s without context.

I provided the image that specified the 100 Mbps speeds which was a JL post on Facebook pregame in a comparison between tmobile and Verizon.

You bumped in with a screenshot during game time which is not relevant to the conversation I was in.

I guess [emoji53]

I guess [emoji53]

Friendly conversations! Yay! 

50 mbps is nothing to scoff at and you provided valuable information on performance when there's a crowd. Much appreciated. 

• Like 3