Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Wouldn't that be the purpose of the Sprint Zone app allowing you to report network performance issues? That saves Sprint from having to pay several people all over the nation when we as customers can provide it for free

If Sprint is going to rely on the Sprint Zone app for reports of performance issues, they need to make the app available for all Sprint compatible devices, including unlocked BYOD phones, like Nexus phones and Moto X Pure.

• Like 6

If Sprint is going to rely on the Sprint Zone app for reports of performance issues, they need to make the app available for all Sprint compatible devices, including unlocked BYOD phones, like Nexus phones and Moto X Pure.

Absolutely.

• Like 3

FierceWireless has the scoop on T-Mobile's spending:

T-Mobile (NYSE: T) was the top wireless advertiser during the Super Bowl, according to iSpot.tv, leveraging celebrities Drake and Steve Harvey to generate an estimated 100 million social impressions.

The nation's third-largest mobile operator was the third-most effective overall advertiser during the big game, claiming 11 percent of all advertisers' "earned digital response" from 7.9 million views on game day alone. T-Mobile's "Drop the Balls" commercial featuring a play on Harvey's noted Miss Universe gaff generated 4.3 million online views on Sunday, second among all advertisers only to a Budweiser ad. And T-Mobile's Drake spot "Restricted Bling" drove 570,000 social actions.

T-Mobile spent nearly $14.8 million to air four spots during the game, generating 6.8 million Facebook views, more than 8 million overall online views and 131 million TV impressions. No other carrier was among the top 60 advertisers.

Was it worth it?

Per T-Mobile....Sprint held up very well at the super bowl....although all 4 did VERY well for such a big event!

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/issues-insights-blog/setting-the-record-straight.htm

Interesting they would show this, because Sprint is basically tied.  Seems like Legere wants to attack Verzion more than Sprint now!

Interesting they would show this, because Sprint is basically tied.  Seems like Legere wants to attack Verzion more than Sprint now!

Because Verizon is the standard of the industry: Best nationwide network, most customers especially high ARPU postpaid customers. It is not because he doesn't despise Sprint, but he feels like he already beaten them. Sprint to Legere are nobody, just a company trying to survive with heavy load of debts, image problems etc.

He doesn't want to go after AT&T because Ma Bell has the DireTV, Uverse strategy. ATT terrifies Legere with that unlimted promo.

• Like 3

Because Verizon is the standard of the industry: Best nationwide network, most customers especially high ARPU postpaid customers. It is not because he doesn't despise Sprint, but he feel like he already beaten them. Sprint to Legere are nobody, just a company trying to survive with heavy load of debts, image problems etc.

Exactly. You don't look back, you only look ahead. And when you're number one, you keep beating yourself year after year. If you start worrying about people smaller than you, it's already too late, you're done.

It would be a big mistake to ignore Sprint as a competitor. T-Mobile has been riding on the same tide for a while, it will not last forever. Besides, they are not even close to the duapoly.

But they can probably not focus on it for the time being (likely another year or so) until Sprint's image improves. Until then, focus on the bigger piece of pie. It makes sense for T-Mobile to go after Verizon at this point in time.

• Like 2

Apart of me feel like Sprint and T-Mobile will switch roles kinda. I think that Sprint will become the urban city carrier that T-Mobile is known for and T-Mobile will kinda be similar to that of the big two which is providing service from end to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Apart of me feel like Sprint and T-Mobile will switch roles kinda. I think that Sprint will become the urban city carrier that T-Mobile is known for and T-Mobile will kinda be similar to that of the big two which is providing service from end to end.

That would be a mistake in part of Sprint. They will get hammer in ads with that coverage issue. In fact Tmobile is using Metro PCS to go after Sprint, and already hitting them with the coverage part.

That would be a mistake in part of Sprint. They will get hammer in ads with that coverage issue. In fact Tmobile is using Metro PCS to go after Sprint, and already hitting them with the coverage part.

Yea I saw that last night too and that's where my thought came from that T-Mobile as a whole is trying to match or come close to what the big 2 cover. Sprint right now is more focused on in city. I hope that it's a temp there until they get the urban areas where they want them.

Yea I saw that last night too and that's where my thought came from that T-Mobile as a whole is trying to match or come close to what the big 2 cover. Sprint right now is more focused on in city.

Coming from T-Mobile in December, I can honestly say my service with Sprint in rural areas is much better. At least in North Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Speeds arent always record breaking but I've hit areas in Maryland where I would get 100mbps easily, where with Tmobile it was still 2g. T-Mobile is full of crap with their coverage and I was highly disappointed in their B12 coverage.

• Like 10

Coming from T-Mobile in December, I can honestly say my service with Sprint in rural areas is much better. At least in North Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Speeds arent always record breaking but I've hit areas in Maryland where I would get 100mbps easily, where with Tmobile it was still 2g. T-Mobile is full of crap with their coverage and I was highly disappointed in their B12 coverage.

Some rural areas here in Jacksonville are complete dead spots on Tmo, even though the maps show verified coverage??

• Like 2

Some rural areas here in Jacksonville are complete dead spots on Tmo, even though the maps show verified coverage??

I had this issue in Pennsylvania. According to T-Mobile, LTE is active, but when I went to many of those locations with my lg g4 and nexus 6p, I had zero bars of service. So I left. 

• Like 1

That what you would call scamming customers. That company cant do nothing wrong in the eyes of loyalists, and tech blogs.

• Like 4

That what you would call scamming customers. That company cant do nothing wrong in the eyes of loyalists, and tech blogs.

I completely agree and I even called them several times to display how angry I was that they are falsifying information and not giving customers service in areas that are clearly in the "coverage" maps. Don't get me started on my phone being stuck on 2g all the time in areas again were b12 and the towers still werent upgraded. I kept getting the "it will be finished within 6 months" for the last 2 years. I'm happy with Sprint and the service they provide me. 

• Like 5

I agree, t mobile coverage is not close to sprint coverage in rural PA or the entire state of WV
  • Like 1