Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Hopefully Sprint has a response to this pricing move by T-Mobile.... I guess there's always the Save 50% off of your Bill Offer to cut the Tiered Offerings in half....

But see this:

4 Unlimited Data Lines with Sprint is $250/month ($70/month for 1st line and $60/month for each additional Unlimited Line)

vs.

4 Unlimited Data Lines with T-Mobile is $150/month.... (Each additional Unlimited Line is $30/month up to 12 lines)

Marcelo: I think it's time for another Town Hall

Looks like a response to atts unlimited package 4 lines $180

Let's see what sprint does... Should be interesting

I'm expecting Sprint to match it but honestly if they really wanted to 1-up the competition, they'd just allow the CYBIH promo work for competitor's unlimited data plans.  That'd be amazing.

• Like 1

Hopefully Sprint has a response to this pricing move by T-Mobile.... I guess there's always the Save 50% off of your Bill Offer to cut the Tiered Offerings in half....

But see this:

4 Unlimited Data Lines with Sprint is $250/month ($70/month for 1st line and $60/month for each additional Unlimited Line)

vs.

4 Unlimited Data Lines with T-Mobile is $150/month.... (Each additional Unlimited Line is $30/month up to 12 lines)

Marcelo: I think it's time for another Town Hall

except the 50% off does not include this promotion, or any unlimited.  i don't exactly get that t-mobile current regular price for unlimited is $95 they could have done 50% off at $47.50, that would not have been much different that the unlimited iPhone plan they offered awhile ago.  I would love to see a pricing structure simplification like what Metro does with including taxes and fees, what you see is what you pay. something like

unlimited 1st line  $60    2nd line $50     line 3-12 $30  include shared hot spot 5 gigs per line, throttled after that

share plans 20 gigs $100        40 gigs $140      80 gigs $160  no access fees 

these prices would include taxes fees, everything The current structure is very confusing for everyone, including sprint employees...  I think they need to start from scratch.  The network is much improved, now the price structure needs to follow.

what really got my attention is tablets for unlimited data for $40/ month add on. I wonder how bad this is "Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow the data on that line during periods of network congestion for the remainder of that cycle. "  I wonder if i had an ipad pro on burned 100 gigs in a month if they would reach out to me, or throttle me?  Not that i would, just a hypothetical could this be Att's first step towards home internet delivered over cellular?  

what really got my attention is tablets for unlimited data for $40/ month add on. I wonder how bad this is "Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, AT&T may slow the data on that line during periods of network congestion for the remainder of that cycle. " I wonder if i had an ipad pro on burned 100 gigs in a month if they would reach out to me, or throttle me? Not that i would, just a hypothetical could this be Att's first step towards home internet delivered over cellular?

Att offer is in a league of it's own. It requires you get direct tv. It is there to steam cord cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Att offer is in a league of it's own. It requires you get direct tv. It is there to steam cord cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's an extension of the bundle no doubt, but a lot of people have direct tv, or u verse for people in that situation it's compelling.  don't get me wrong i hate the direction the death star (att) has taken by basically doubling down on bundling.  but at the same time price competition is good for me as a consumer, it will be interesting to see how Verizon with respond since they don't have the tv offerings like ATT does.  I know they have fios but it doesn't have the geographic reach that the u verse direct tv combination, not to mention t-mobile and sprint own nothing similar.  I wonder what the response will be?

except the 50% off does not include this promotion, or any unlimited. i don't exactly get that t-mobile current regular price for unlimited is $95 they could have done 50% off at $47.50, that would not have been much different that the unlimited iPhone plan they offered awhile ago. I would love to see a pricing structure simplification like what Metro does with including taxes and fees, what you see is what you pay. something like

unlimited 1st line $60 2nd line $50 line 3-12 $30 include shared hot spot 5 gigs per line, throttled after that

share plans 20 gigs $100 40 gigs $140 80 gigs $160 no access fees

these prices would include taxes fees, everything The current structure is very confusing for everyone, including sprint employees... I think they need to start from scratch. The network is much improved, now the price structure needs to follow.

From T-Mobile Release:

"With this deal, families can now get four lines of Unlimited LTE for their smartphones for the unheard of price of $150 total per month for the entire family. Plus, families (and small businesses) can add more lines of Unlimited LTE for just $30 each—up to a total of 12 lines. Or families can get two lines for just $100 per month with 10 GB per line (20 GB total)—no sharing! Or four lines with 10 GB per line (40 GB total) for $120 per month for the whole family—just $30 per line!"

You're right about unlimited, but it seems the tiered plans are in play.

I've mentioned this before, but if you live in a U-Verse area, there is a $20/month (actual cost -- not a promotion) TV plan that you can get to become eligible for the new unlimited plans; and then with combined billing for both, you get a $10/month service credit. At that cost, it's worth it to just throw the receiver in the closet and forget about it.

• Like 2

I've mentioned this before, but if you live in a U-Verse area, there is a $20/month (actual cost -- not a promotion) TV plan that you can get to become eligible for the new unlimited plans; and then with combined billing for both, you get a $10/month service credit. At that cost, it's worth it to just throw the receiver in the closet and forget about it.

Which only proves that AT&T could sustain Unlimited Data all along, even as it worked to drive people off of Unlimited Data Plans by throttling at 5GB.

But for Sprint, this means a serious pricing adjustment is needed.

• Like 2

From T-Mobile Release:

"With this deal, families can now get four lines of Unlimited LTE for their smartphones for the unheard of price of $150 total per month for the entire family. Plus, families (and small businesses) can add more lines of Unlimited LTE for just $30 each—up to a total of 12 lines. Or families can get two lines for just $100 per month with 10 GB per line (20 GB total)—no sharing! Or four lines with 10 GB per line (40 GB total) for $120 per month for the whole family—just $30 per line!"

You're right about unlimited, but it seems the tiered plans are in play.

That's an insanely low price, so I wonder if it's a limited time play to grab customers.

No :(

Just received this from my source:

The effective date of the elimination of waived activation and upgrade fees was previously communicated as February 12, 2016. However, we received word from Sprint that this has been extended to February 26, 2016.
  • Like 1

To be clear - the 4-line tmobile unlimited plan is cheaper than the old Sprint ED1500 plan. 

Primary ED1500 -  $110

Each additional Line - $20 (X3)

Each lines 'premium data' charge - $10. (X4)

======================================

Sprints ED1500 (for 4 lines) comes out to ~$210, PLUS Taxes and any Equpiment Fee's or TEP.

Tmobile scored big on that one.  Not sure its sustainable, but that is an awesome deal for someone who lives in an area with great Tmobile Coverage.  Wow..

• Like 4

To be clear - the 4-line tmobile unlimited plan is cheaper than the old Sprint ED1500 plan.

Primary ED1500 - $110

Each additional Line - $20 (X3)

Each lines 'premium data' charge - $10. (X4)

======================================

Sprints ED1500 (for 4 lines) comes out to ~$210, PLUS Taxes and any Equpiment Fee's or TEP.

Tmobile scored big on that one. Not sure its sustainable, but that is an awesome deal for someone who lives in an area with great Tmobile Coverage. Wow..

2 Year phone agreements put ED1500 slightly over the top, but not by much.
  • Like 5

It's not a long term play, it's a "price low to gain share" play.

But once people are on this pricing, they get to keep it... until T-Mobile raises it....

Does Sprint have the ability to match this pricing? I'm sure it's under discussion at HQ.

Exactly. I bet they have a big commercial to coincide with this deal.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Sprint HQ right now as Marcelo and team figure out what to do...

• Like 3

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/02/02/t-mobile-releases-30-second-super-bowl-ad-about-how-other-carriers-would-butcher-drakes-hotline-bling/

It's a repost but watch all the Tmo commercials there is more than one

This is just in time for the Super Bowl unless they have something else to top it?

But once people are on this pricing, they get to keep it... until T-Mobile raises it....

Does Sprint have the ability to match this pricing? I'm sure it's under discussion at HQ.

sprint has the ability to do anything, the question is do they want to give the service away in the name of matching price.  does the quality of the network still warrant them being a value play, or does the network quality warrant premium pricing?  

sprint has the ability to do anything, the question is do they want to give the service away in the name of matching price. does the quality of the network still warrant them being a value play, or does the network quality warrant premium pricing?

Although they've improved they certainly aren't good enough yet for premium pricing. They should stay the value carrier for a little longer until the public perception of Sprint is a positive one.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Edited by Camcroz
  • Like 3

Although they've improved they certainly aren't good enough yet for premium pricing. They should stay the value carrier for a little longer until the public perception of Sprint is a positive one.

I would agree they need to be very aggressive on pricing, however I am not sure if Marcelo agrees with my opinion. :secret:  sprint seems to act like a big bloated company and t-mobile seems to act like a small agile start up, I know that is just perception but you know what they say, perception is reality.  I think back to the tweets Marcelo sent out about the late night brain storming sessions with beer in a conference room... only to announce what was almost identical to last years half off promotion, :twitch:  i remember thinking they must have spent all night writing all that fine print, witch by the way people generally don't like fine print. don't get me wrong it's a good deal, but he hyped the heck out of that, and really it was an updated version of last years plan...        

• Like 2

I would agree they need to be very aggressive on pricing, however I am not sure if Marcelo agrees with my opinion. :secret: sprint seems to act like a big bloated company and t-mobile seems to act like a small agile start up, I know that is just perception but you know what they say, perception is reality. I think back to the tweets Marcelo sent out about the late night brain storming sessions with beer in a conference room... only to announce what was almost identical to last years half off promotion, :twitch: i remember thinking they must have spent all night writing all that fine print, witch by the way people generally don't like fine print. don't get me wrong it's a good deal, but he hyped the heck out of that, and really it was an updated version of last years plan...

Ya I've learned that if Sprint hypes up a new promotion than its automatically not gonna be good. Remember "all in". With the way they hyped that, I thought it would be the deal that brought millions of customers back but it turned out to not be that great. Same with half off promotion. There just not enticing enough with there deals. Once they improve quality then they can definetly start charging more. Verizon type pricing just doesn't work right now though.

• Like 2