Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

My T-Mobile has become significantly worse from its usual upper 20mbps speed minimum, is now Dow to around 10-12mbps, which I've never seen before this low at my home. Along with the fact I still cannot see any option for binge-on in the mytmobile account settings (though I'll wait until the 19th to know for sure about my suspicions something is wrong), I'm really not happy with T-Mobile at all, and I really wanted to switch by now.

My T-Mobile has become significantly worse from its usual upper 20mbps speed minimum, is now Dow to around 10-12mbps, which I've never seen before this low at my home. Along with the fact I still cannot see any option for binge-on in the mytmobile account settings (though I'll wait until the 19th to know for sure about my suspicions something is wrong), I'm really not happy with T-Mobile at all, and I really wanted to switch by now.

It's apparently under: profile < media settings. I wouldn't have thought to look under profile when I was trying to find it.

T-Mobile speeds have remained unchanged here at home. Would probably take ALOT to make it slow down as I believe there is quite an excess of capacity here. Just pulled 42/25 which is better than usual actually.

• Like 1

It's apparently under: profile < media settings. I wouldn't have thought to look under profile when I was trying to find it.

T-Mobile speeds have remained unchanged here at home. Would probably take ALOT to make it slow down as I believe there is quite an excess of capacity here. Just pulled 42/25 which is better than usual actually.

Not here, Sprint and Tmobile have taken a huuuuge hit.

Not here, Sprint and Tmobile have taken a huuuuge hit.

Yeah right here at home has an oddly dense network in an area that has been fully developed for years and not expected to grow. I could never see it slowing down here, but a few miles in any other direction where there's more people it's slower already. I don't check T-Mobile in the Chicago anymore (quite frankly I don't care, and am happy with my present carrier) but I'm sure it's ok to bad around there.

Are you in NYC? If so did they upgrade to 20x20 yet?

Yeah right here at home has an oddly dense network in an area that has been fully developed for years and not expected to grow. I could never see it slowing down here, but a few miles in any other direction where there's more people it's slower already. I don't check T-Mobile in the Chicago anymore (quite frankly I don't care, and am happy with my present carrier) but I'm sure it's ok to bad around there.

Are you in NYC? If so did they upgrade to 20x20 yet?

Yes, they are running 20x20, also band 12. On average T-Mobile is faster than Sprint, but places that used to hit 40-50mbs are now down to 3-15mbs. Sprint without any CA has gone from 20-30mbs to 2-10mbs in about a year.

At the rate T-Mobile is adding customers, (Sprint seems to be doing well for itself in cities as well) I expect T-Mobile to have a hard time keeping those speeds at any decent level.

• Like 2

Yes, they are running 20x20, also band 12. On average T-Mobile is faster than Sprint, but places that used to hit 40-50mbs are now down to 3-15mbs. Sprint without any CA has gone from 20-30mbs to 2-10mbs in about a year.

At the rate T-Mobile is adding customers, (Sprint seems to be doing well for itself in cities as well) I expect T-Mobile to have a hard time keeping those speeds at any decent level.

That sounds crazy. Doesn't T-Mobile have an insanely dense grid there compared to others too? They must be incredibly popular there. Sounds like AT&T in Chi, whom runs the densest network, with 60 MHz for LTE but you wouldn't know it most of the time because it's usually running around 5-20 Mbps. T-Mo is gonna have to start refarming PCS here soon too.

I would say Sprint definitely overall has the jump on everyone in my market as far as actual deployed spectrum goes, up to 80 MHz in places.

Sprint has a advantage because T-Mobile has more 20mhz towers deployed than sprint has band 41 towers by a mile.

Of course this is going to happen if you compare Sprint B41 without CA the speeds would go down from 20-30 Mbps to 2-10 Mbps when you compare it to Tmo 20x20 LTE which has double the bandwidth off the bat. Don't forget that you are discounting that in the past year, you have a huge influx of Spark devices from the 2013 folks renewing 2 year contracts which contributes to more folks getting access to B41 and slowing down the network. Basically by end of 2015, most of the folks who had 2012 and 2013 LTE phones would have upgraded from single band LTE devices to tri band Spark LTE devices.

This is why 2xCA on B41 is going to help bolster the speeds on its network and of course with NGN it is going to densify the network and add more capacity in tighter spaces over time.

• Like 1

Of course this is going to happen if you compare Sprint B41 without CA the speeds would go down from 20-30 Mbps to 2-10 Mbps when you compare it to Tmo 20x20 LTE which has double the bandwidth off the bat.  Don't forget that you are discounting that in about a year, you have a huge influx of Spark devices from the 2013 folks renewing 2 year contracts which contributes to more folks getting access to B41 and slowing down the network.  Basically by end of 2015, most of the folks who had 2012 and 2013 LTE phones would have upgraded from single band LTE devices to tri band Spark LTE devices.

This is why 2xCA on B41 is going to help bolster the speeds on its network and of course with NGN it is going to densify the network and add more capacity in tighter spaces over time. 

It will be nice to have NGN once thats going, but i am on Band 41 95% of the time in NYC, while that will help small pockets, my main concern is 2x and 3x CA plus beamforming.

• Like 1

We have all these hopes for NGN and beam forming etcetc.

Has any of it started???

Now that the great rip and replace is done we need something to get that old S4GRU feeling back!!!

Beamforming 4x2 MIMO and CA already live in quite a few places, some markets are already incredibly fast! Where have you been!?

this didnt just happen magically...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6319-marcelo-claure-town-hall-meetings-new-family-share-pack-plan-unlimited-individual-plan-discussion-thread/?p=456623

• Like 2

My T-Mobile has become significantly worse from its usual upper 20mbps speed minimum, is now Dow to around 10-12mbps, which I've never seen before this low at my home. 

I'm sorry but so long as the latency is adequate, those are perfectly good speeds. 

Thanks for the information, gusherb.

The setting is there, but it won't let me change it without verifying the primary account holder, my mother, without the last digits of her SSN, which isn't going to happen. My mother does not trust putting personal information like that online, so now she's going to call T-Mobile Executive Relations in the morning to get this account verified without it. If they don't do it, we will have to get over to Verizon in the next few days and switch.

It's assinine how this setting is forced on this verification, as many other settings there on MyT-Mobile are available for me to change no problem at all. I just absolutely hate T-Mobile anyways, so I'm glad to switch away from it, if that is what is going to happen. Just wish there was a bit more time to find out about the Sprint arrangement, bur apparently my friend might be having difficulty getting me added to his Everything Data plan.

I'm sorry but so long as the latency is adequate, those are perfectly good speeds.

I didn't say they were bad speeds, but they are much worse than the minimal speeds I've been getting at the same location. The Binge-on program is bad for the network, and I say this despite really liking the concept of it, just not the execution, along with realizing T-Mobile isn't capable of doing much right under its grand binger CEO, whose efforts seem to be starting to bite back at him.

• Like 1

ditto. That and ngn will be more than enough but for now let tmobile enjoy being faster in more places than Att and Sprint.

Not to mention we will have see how #BingeOn has an effect on overall network speed performance.

This is interesting, Sprint definitely has something up their sleeve...

http://www.sprint.com/landings/countdown/#!/

Running through the "Give me a hint" quotes. Here are some notable ones

Half the battle is patience. Well, just until the clock hits zero.

Half of me wants to tell you… (That's totally a hint, by the way.)

We're here to do two things: Save you money and chew bubble gum. And we're all out of bubble gum.

If my calculations are correct, when this counter hits zero, we're going to see some serious savings.

Lots of references to half and savings.

Here's one I found kinda silly

You aren't good at secrets, are you? We understand, but this one has to stay under wraps until Wednesday, or someone whose name starts with Marcelo and ends with Claure will get mad at us.

• Like 4

Beamforming 4x2 MIMO and CA already live in quite a few places, some markets are already incredibly fast! Where have you been!?

this didnt just happen magically...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6319-marcelo-claure-town-hall-meetings-new-family-share-pack-plan-unlimited-individual-plan-discussion-thread/?p=456623

Where have I have been??? I dunno. I know CA has started.

But wasn't aware or of the 4x2 hmmmm thought sprint was going to do 4x4 or something different Tmo already does 4x2? I thought it was gonna be something else?

Anyways, has anyone seen any of the NGN up and running from the project?

That page tells me it'll be some kind of Black Friday special/ Holiday deals.

Hmm. Something half and sweet based on the hints. Bubble gum, baked, dentists etc..

#marshmallowapplepie

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1