Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Nope, I am not quoting just one of your posts. That is only for reference sake. Rather, I am summarizing many of your fantastical missives that have seemingly no grounding in logistics, engineering, economics, etc. You hatch proposals that appear to be based upon your wants and needs, your notions of fairness and future possibility -- but those proposals have no clear connection to reality. S4GRU members constantly tell you that. Then, you get defensive.

I like you. Others do, too. This is not an attack upon you. It is serious, sometimes humorous criticism of your wild eyed ideas. For an analogy, the sidewalk preacher on the street corner shouting directives to passersby might be wise to listen to the vast majority telling him that his ideas are crazy -- because they probably are crazy.

AJ

AJ, your quote of that post was cut short from what the whole message was that I wrote.

There are plenty of people who have responded to me here disagreeing with me, yet as long as they've been respectful, I'm totally fine with it.

I only get defensive when I've received snide remarks towards me that are disrespectful. For the most part though, this hasn't happened often in quite some time. I've mainly had fair disagreements from people, including some during the Sprint 600mhz auction debate, which all went well.

I forgot to post something on here the other day, where the writer/reviewer/analyst, like many of them lately, criticize/condemn Sprint :

http://www.businessinsider.com/switching-from-att-to-sprint-experience-2015-10

What is unique about this article though, is the photos of the Sprint store used. They didn't appear to be stock photos, though I could be wrong, as I figured these photos were there to assist this person's case against Sprint.

Instead of my revealing what it is I found unique about these photos, I wonder if anyone here might want to take a guess at it. I'll like the post of the first person to get it right.

• Like 1

Oh you mean the phones shown in the windows of the store being the Palm Pre and showing the other older phones that have sinced past.

You Win! Well Done!

I knew that Palm hasn't made wireless devices for quite awhile, and that one pictured I haven't heard of in the past few years. So, I searched for it online the other day to find out about it and when it was released.

I was quite surprised that the article writer would choose to use such old photos to show people waiting in line somehow assisting the writer's case of having to wait long for service at a Sprint store.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/san-antonio-tx/2015/2H

I don't get how sprint did so badly in the data speed portions. Average download speeds where the second highest, upload speed where the worst but does root weight upload and down load the same? If so, that is pretty dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/san-antonio-tx/2015/2H

I don't get how sprint did so badly in the data speed portions. Average download speeds where the second highest, upload speed where the worst but does root weight upload and down load the same? If so, that is pretty dumb.

Sprint has got to be seeing that one of their updates is messing with their reliability. I want sprint to succeed and I think there is just a configuration error that Sprint deployed.

My own experience in Orange County seems to be slowly replicating itself in other markets. I used to travel on LTE the majority of the time and now it is less than 20% of the time even though I don't use data when driving. My phone is going from full blown LTE signal to no signal and back to 3g every couple of minutes when driving (or even when sitting at a stop light). I get my new Nexus 5x here shortly and hope this fixes itself but I am concerned how this will start to impact customer adds and drops.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You Win! Well Done!

It isn't a matter of winning or losing. It is about presenting the facts which is what S4GRU is all about and not what that so called journalist is doing.

Both images (photo 2 and 3 in the article) of folks waiting are in the GettyImages archives. Both of these images were taken by Alex Wong in Washington D.C on June 6, 2009.

As for the article itself, she seems a bit too eager to make the transition as bad as possible.. Using old stock photos is one thing. Why couldn't she take photos of the line she was referring to? 

• Like 2

Sprint has got to be seeing that one of their updates is messing with their reliability. I want sprint to succeed and I think there is just a configuration error that Sprint deployed.

My own experience in Orange County seems to be slowly replicating itself in other markets. I used to travel on LTE the majority of the time and now it is less than 20% of the time even though I don't use data when driving. My phone is going from full blown LTE signal to no signal and back to 3g every couple of minutes when driving (or even when sitting at a stop light). I get my new Nexus 5x here shortly and hope this fixes itself but I am concerned how this will start to impact customer adds and drops.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same here in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama . I thought it was my iPhone 6, but it happens to my iPhone 6S. I can be in the car and literally my LTE just cuts off for three minutes in my downtown district and go to 1X! [emoji19]

• Like 2

Same here in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama . I thought it was my iPhone 6, but it happens to my iPhone 6S. I can be in the car and literally my LTE just cuts off for three minutes in my downtown district and go to 1X! [emoji19]

That was happening in Phoenix too, but it has stopped and we don't have b26 so I drop to 3G faily often. But I am visiting the Bay Area currently and have been noticing the same issue here.

• Like 1

I forgot to post something on here the other day, where the writer/reviewer/analyst, like many of them lately, criticize/condemn Sprint :

http://www.businessinsider.com/switching-from-att-to-sprint-experience-2015-10

Greater problems with that article/blog entry are the headline and the writer's premature conclusion.

The headline makes it sound as if she switched from AT&T to Sprint and found the network "a nightmare."  But as of the writing of the article, she had barely, if even at all used her Sprint service.  "Now I'll get to see if Sprint is a reliable provider."

Next, people need to realize that all huge service providers have customer service issues.  Sprint is not really worse than others in that regard.  Some of the customer service issues are systemic problems; others are isolated occurrences.  When someone has a bad customer experience, she cannot assume that others do.  And writing an online piece about it is just narcissistic.

Lastly, that the writer has an AT&T iPhone 5 incompatible with the Sprint network and/or ineligible for the full trade in value of the plan is her fault.  It is hardly "a sneaky ploy by the company."  Rather, she failed to understand the technological limitations of her three year old AT&T handset and/or to read the terms of the plan.

AJ

• Like 8

Yeah, that article is pretty typical of tech. Writers today though. In general they have little in the way of critical thinking skills.

Don't try to correct them on it though! I did that two years ago to a writer from Android Central and he went on a mini-rant about how he shouldn't have to know technical details about the network, etc. I don't know if he still writes for them though.

EDIT: He still does.

• Like 7

Don't try to correct them on it though! I did that two years ago to a writer from Android Central and he went on a mini-rant about how he shouldn't have to know technical details about the network, etc. I don't know if he still writes for them though.

Yeah, it is complete bs that people like that even pretend to inform the public.

• Like 2

The same can be said if he, she or it took that iPhone 5 to T-Mobile. They'll have something to say about the coverage,and how they shouldn't have to upgrade a device that has b12 to get maximum coverage. I just stay away from articles like those that are solely on opinion that I'm sure their boss made them write cause it was a slow day.

• Like 1

It isn't a matter of winning or losing. It is about presenting the facts which is what S4GRU is all about and not what that so called journalist is doing.

Both images (photo 2 and 3 in the article) of folks waiting are in the GettyImages archives. Both of these images were taken by Alex Wong in Washington D.C on June 6, 2009.

As for the article itself, she seems a bit too eager to make the transition as bad as possible.. Using old stock photos is one thing. Why couldn't she take photos of the line she was referring to?

kg4icg was the first to find it, which they won based on my mini-contest I mentioned of the first person to find it/post here mentioning it would get a like from me on their responding post, that's why I mentioned they "won".

I completely agree with you about the article though. She definitely should have taken a photo proving her claims. If course, there seems to be very little accountability in journalism anymore, particularly in these articles posted about Sprint.

Andrew Martonik. Yes, I recall that. Among other things he was complaining about Sprint's Spark service in Seattle. Of course, he couldn't be bothered to realize that Spark hadn't even been launched in Seattle at that time. <_<

• Like 8

Andrew Martonik. Yes, I recall that. Among other things he was complaining about Sprint's Spark service in Seattle. Of course, he couldn't be bothered to realize that Spark hadn't even been launched in Seattle at that time. <_<

I decided to read the article after seeing it mentioned here. It just continues showing to me how continuosly unprofessional so many articles are lately.

• Like 5

but these are just unique to certain small pockets.

This is a few days behind the discussion, but I like the idea of roll over roaming data or an annual account pooled limit. I also wouldn't mind something similar to international data packs/speed passes but for domestic roaming.

I also wouldn't mind something similar to international data packs/speed passes but for domestic roaming.

Interesting concept but, how would Sprint market and get people to pay extra for something like that without making their Nationwide Network look bad?

This is a few days behind the discussion, but I like the idea of roll over roaming data or an annual account pooled limit. I also wouldn't mind something similar to international data packs/speed passes but for domestic roaming.

Why would Sprint need that though - NV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Why would Sprint need that though - NV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

For people that might use lots of roaming data one month then none the next month. If they used none during one month then the next month the rollover would allow them to have 600 mb instead of 300 mb (thats for my plan, some plans come with less roaming)

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just read on Reddit that this guy is switching from Sprint to Verizon because of the "23GB" limit.  Kind of ironic, because they're going to a carrier that enforces stronger limits, mainly out of spite.  Not much logic there.

Yeah, I think Sprint is OK with this.  If they can't convert a mega user to a reasonable user, they would rather they churn.  But they know most will not.  T-Mobile already beta tested this for Sprint.

And the bottom line is mega-heavy data users on sites that are not over burdened don't hurt anyone.  They just are using capacity that would even be wasted if not used.  This doesn't target all heavy users.  Just the ones who have an impact, and only when they have an impact.  And only after they exceeded 23GB.  And then they get reset at the end of the billing cycle.

• Like 5

I have read comments from people on various sites who've had T-Mobile up until T-Mobile changed their policy on the unlimited plan to include their initial 21gb deprioritization point. These people have said they were going to move to Sprint, due to Sprint not having a soft cap on unlimited, despite many of these people claiming that T-Mobile still worked better for them.

However, now that Sprint has instituted the same policy T-Mobile now has at 23gb, I wonder if those people will go back to T-Mobile, making T-Mobile's network more congested and an even more restrictive policy put in place by their mighty dictator John Legere.

I have read comments from people on various sites who've had T-Mobile up until T-Mobile changed their policy on the unlimited plan to include their initial 21gb soft cap. These people have said they were going to move to Sprint, due to Sprint not having a soft cap on unlimited, despite many of these people claiming that T-Mobile still worked better for them.

However, now that Sprint has instituted the same policy T-Mobile now has at 23gb, I wonder if those people will go back to T-Mobile, making T-Mobile's network more congested and an even more restrictive policy put in place by their mighty dictator John Legere.

Is it the same policy? Depriortization is a LOT different from throttling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk