iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I may actually get the 5.5 if the battery is bigger than the 4.7. 2100mAh is hardly impressive, even though it's a big step up from the 5s. With faster processing power, and a larger screen, is it really that much of a jump? With the powerful devices we have on the market these days, there shouldn't be less than 3000mAh on a smartphone. That should be the standard.

Dang, if the 4.7 has 2100 mAh, makes me wonder how big the 5.5 will be? 3000?

I would imagine it has to be bigger to power the larger screen. I bet we see the same battery life in both...

Here is yet another rumor. Apple insider has found a source that claims the next iPhone will be running the Qualcomm MDM9x35 modem which is a cat 6 part capable of carrier aggregation. This new rumor also squashes the sapphire display debacle.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/06/new-report-elaborates-on-iphone-6-rumors-of-a8-soc-80211ac-wi-fi-nfc-no-sapphire-display

And here's some information about the MDM9x35

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7531/qualcomm-announces-fourth-gen-cat-6-lte-modem-mdm9x35

• Like 2

Here is yet another rumor. Apple insider has found a source that claims the next iPhone will be running the Qualcomm MDM9x35 modem which is a cat 6 part capable of carrier aggregation. This new rumor also squashes the sapphire display debacle.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/06/new-report-elaborates-on-iphone-6-rumors-of-a8-soc-80211ac-wi-fi-nfc-no-sapphire-display

And here's some information about the MDM9x35

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7531/qualcomm-announces-fourth-gen-cat-6-lte-modem-mdm9x35

Eh. Whatever, sapphire probably would've raised the price of the phone too high for their average consumer who just wants to renew their contract at 199 and move on. Good thing we find out the real details in almost a month.

• Like 1

Eh. Whatever, sapphire probably would've raised the price of the phone too high for their average consumer who just wants to renew their contract at 199 and move on. Good thing we find out the real details in almost a month.

I think Apple would swallow the costs to lock more people into the Apple ecosystem. It'd hit their margins, not the consumer's.

• Like 1

I think Apple would swallow the costs to lock more people into the Apple ecosystem. It'd hit their margins, not the consumer's.

80 million units. I guess they could swallow an extra few bucks on production costs for a sapphire screen. It would be a KILLER feature that sets it apart from all of the competition. You can waterproof my phone, but I don't bring my electronics near water as it is. Give me a phone that has a near unbreakable and unscratchable screen..... I'll take that over waterproof any day. Wonder what will happen to applecare? I'll still get it, but just curious if less people will purchase applecare.

80 million units. I guess they could swallow an extra few bucks on production costs for a sapphire screen. It would be a KILLER feature that sets it apart from all of the competition. You can waterproof my phone, but I don't bring my electronics near water as it is. Give me a phone that has a near unbreakable and unscratchable screen..... I'll take that over waterproof any day. Wonder what will happen to applecare? I'll still get it, but just curious if less people will purchase applecare.

I don't see it going anywhere until they offer a free battery replacement. IPhone batteries crap out too quickly before your contract is up.
  • Like 1

I would love to see an "iPhone Active" that was waterproof.  Would buy that in a second.  

• Like 1

I would love to see an "iPhone Active" that was waterproof.  Would buy that in a second.  

That would be interesting. Wonder how bulky it would have to be. Either that or they could create a water resistant phone using the liquipel technology. Apple should just buy liquipel for a couple hundred million. 

Is this acceptable 11 months later? This is what I'm worried about with a new screen size. Remember the iPhone 5? It took forever for the devs to get all of my apps updated to the new screen size.

ynyrapam.jpg

• Like 1

Is this acceptable 11 months later? This is what I'm worried about with a new screen size. Remember the iPhone 5? It took forever for the devs to get all of my apps updated to the new screen size. ynyrapam.jpg

Never thought about that... Crap.. That is super annoying. Hopefully Apple made it easier for devs to update their apps to support all the screen sizes.

Never thought about that... Crap.. That is super annoying. Hopefully Apple made it easier for devs to update their apps to support all the screen sizes.

Well, did they give them a screen size(s) heads up? Did they give them advanced notice when the 5 was due for release? Not sure. I think I still have an app or two that are on the old screen size pre-iPhone 5.

I was talking with my brother and friends last night regarding the new iPhone, and since I am obsessed with all that is apple, they asked me what it would look like and how big. I told them 4.7" screen and probably bigger than my friends nexus 5 who was right next to me. They're like really? I won't get it....I don't mind a bigger screen, but I don't want a phone that big.....Eek.

Is this acceptable 11 months later? This is what I'm worried about with a new screen size. Remember the iPhone 5? It took forever for the devs to get all of my apps updated to the new screen size.

ynyrapam.jpg

Hopefully this won't be a problem with most apps. I know the Bank of America app was finally upgraded about 2 months ago to drop that crappy old keyboard and adapt to the new iOS design language.

If companies are serious, they'll have a storyboard rule that will auto-adjust screen sizes. This is a feature in Xcode 6:

resize.jpg

Via MacRumors:

The options are likely to enable developers to start developing apps that fit on the rumored larger 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens of the iPhone 6 and, perhaps, the rumored 12-inch iPad Pro. Another photo of the Xcode simulator shows the difference between an app visually optimized for an older iPhone in what appears to be the resolution for one of the two iPhone 6 models. 

It's not yet known what the exact resolutions are for the 4.7 and 5.5 inch iPhone 6 models or even the rumored 12-inch iPad Pro, but the "resizable" functionality would allow developers to explore building versions of their apps for larger screens that are currently available.

In other words, it's all up to the developers of those applications as to if they'll support the flexible screen sizes, or be relegated to the dustbin of history.

• Like 2

http://bgr.com/2014/08/08/iphone-6-rumor-liquidmetal/iphone-6-leak-feld-volk-3/

There better be an amazing feature that necessitates the camera to stick out like that....

There are enough rumors to create a website as big as this forum just on the iPhone 6 alone, not counting the generations before it. I would sure hope that Apple doesn't have a camera that sticks out like that. Yuck!

• Like 1

There are enough rumors to create a website as big as this forum just on the iPhone 6 alone, not counting the generations before it. I would sure hope that Apple doesn't have a camera that sticks out like that. Yuck!

I know :( I read them all.....

Well, with less than 30 days to go, maybe we should put a pin on some of the rumors for now. Next we'll see the WiMAX exclusive Sprint one, and the holographic keyboard as well.

• Like 6

I was talking with my brother and friends last night regarding the new iPhone, and since I am obsessed with all that is apple, they asked me what it would look like and how big. I told them 4.7" screen and probably bigger than my friends nexus 5 who was right next to me. They're like really? I won't get it....I don't mind a bigger screen, but I don't want a phone that big.....Eek.

Just like they didn't want the 4inch one right. When its released people will buy it. Hell I've been die hard android since 2009 and I'm considering getting one since the screen is getting an increase. Especially if the 5.5 inch model is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know I'll be getting it lol. I don't care about the screen size, I just want spark.

I just can't bring myself you use iOS though. I have a brand new iPad mini retina on my nightstand that I used once or twice since I won it at work. I'm contemplating putting it up for sale.

What's so great about iOS that millions of people go nuts every time a new device is released?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just can't bring myself you use iOS though. I have a brand new iPad mini retina on my nightstand that I used once or twice since I won it at work. I'm contemplating putting it up for sale.

What's so great about iOS that millions of people go nuts every time a new device is released?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Its relatively simple looking, every feature is dumbed down and super easy to learn how to use. Plus it never changes so the old people/wanna be techies never have to learn their way around an update lol:P. Well and it's pretty polish and doesn't really ever have bugs (major noticeable ones) by the time the official release comes out to the public.
  • Like 2