iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I paid off my iPhone 5s about an hour ago, and now when I go to sprint.com, it's telling me I have to wait 3 months before I can get a new device on easy pay. This isn't good by any means.

How did you pay it off? I don't see the option online?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

How did you pay it off? I don't see the option online?

To pay off your phone early, you have to call customer service and tell them you want to pay off Easy Pay on the line you want to pay off.

To pay off your phone early, you have to call customer service and tell them you want to pay off Easy Pay on the line you want to pay off.

Ok... Hope they add an online feature as well.

Wish I didn't get talked into the Galaxy S5...im 3 days beyond the return date... Lol

• Like 1

Ok... Hope they add an online feature as well.

Wish I didn't get talked into the Galaxy S5...im 3 days beyond the return date... Lol

Ouch. That sucks.

And I wish they'd add online Easy Pay payoffs too.

My wife has a iPhone 5 currently and her contract is up. Is it possible to have sprint unlock her phone so that we can sell it for more money since she wants to move to the 6?

Yes - just call CS and ask for the international unlock.

Yes - just call CS and ask for the international unlock.

Now that unlock is for OUTSIDE of the USA only! Sprint will not unlock a iPhone for domestic use! 

Unlocking for international travel

Traveling abroad? Sprint customers traveling abroad for a short period of time can have their Sprint service provisioned to allow for international roaming. See sprint.com/international for full details. 

Sprint customers remaining abroad for an extended period of time may want to try to use their Sprint device with a foreign carrier.  For certain devices engineered to include a SIM slot, Sprint may be able to unlock the device's SIM slot in order for a foreign carrier's SIM card to be inserted. Sprint will unlock, or facilitate the unlock of, the SIM slot of an applicable device for international travel under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock is a current Sprint customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
  • The person requesting the unlock can authenticate as the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
  • If the account is an ASL account:
    • There is no unfulfilled Service Agreement associated with the line of service.
    • There is no outstanding Installment Billing Agreement balance associated with the device.
  • The account is in good standing (including but not limited to: payments are current, no write-off balance, not associated with a phone sent to collections, etc.).
  • The subscriber with which the device is associated has not previously unlocked another device within the past 12 months.
  • The applicable device has been active on the associated line of service for at least 90 days.
  • The device is currently active on a Sprint account.
  • The device is capable of international SIM unlock.

Please note that unlocking the SIM slot does not allow for use with domestic (U.S.) SIMs. When using a foreign carrier's SIM it is important to note that all information, service and support must be provided by that carrier. You remain responsible for any charges to your Sprint account, as well as any charges from the foreign provider. Upon returning to the U.S., you may need to remove the foreign carrier's SIM to be able to acquire the Sprint network.

If you elect to use a foreign carrier's SIM in a locked device for use on international GSM networks, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care to unlock the device SIM slot. Sprint Worldwide Care can be reached via chat or email from sprint.com/swwsupport or by calling 6s888-226-7212.

I have been told that my device is not capable of being unlocked and/or does not have a corresponding MSL code. What can I do?

Many devices that have been manufactured for Sprint simply are not capable of being unlocked, or will not have a corresponding MSL code. For example, Sprint-branded iPhones have been manufactured in a way that prevents them from being unlocked to allow the device to activate on a different carrier's network in the United States. This is because, prior to the development of the voluntary commitment contained in CTIA's Consumer Code for Wireless Service ("Unlocking Commitment") carriers were not required to, and many carriers did not, develop their devices to be capable of being unlocked. Sprint strongly encourages owners of such devices to consider Sprint's Buyback Program, which may enable them to trade in their old devices to receive an in-store credit toward the purchase of a new device or to receive an account credit. For more information, visit sprint.com/buyback. To help resolve this problem, Sprint has committed to ensure that all of its devices produced after February 11, 2015, are capable of being unlocked.

Edited by ZebraDude

Now that unlock is for OUTSIDE of the USA only! Sprint will not unlock a iPhone for domestic use!

Unlocking for international travel

Traveling abroad? Sprint customers traveling abroad for a short period of time can have their Sprint service provisioned to allow for international roaming. See sprint.com/international for full details.

Sprint customers remaining abroad for an extended period of time may want to try to use their Sprint device with a foreign carrier. For certain devices engineered to include a SIM slot, Sprint may be able to unlock the device's SIM slot in order for a foreign carrier's SIM card to be inserted. Sprint will unlock, or facilitate the unlock of, the SIM slot of an applicable device for international travel under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock is a current Sprint customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
  • The person requesting the unlock can authenticate as the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
  • If the account is an ASL account:

• There is no unfulfilled Service Agreement associated with the line of service.
    • There is no outstanding Installment Billing Agreement balance associated with the device.
  • The account is in good standing (including but not limited to: payments are current, no write-off balance, not associated with a phone sent to collections, etc.).
  • The subscriber with which the device is associated has not previously unlocked another device within the past 12 months.
  • The applicable device has been active on the associated line of service for at least 90 days.
  • The device is currently active on a Sprint account.
  • The device is capable of international SIM unlock.

Please note that unlocking the SIM slot does not allow for use with domestic (U.S.) SIMs. When using a foreign carrier's SIM it is important to note that all information, service and support must be provided by that carrier. You remain responsible for any charges to your Sprint account, as well as any charges from the foreign provider. Upon returning to the U.S., you may need to remove the foreign carrier's SIM to be able to acquire the Sprint network.

If you elect to use a foreign carrier's SIM in a locked device for use on international GSM networks, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care to unlock the device SIM slot. Sprint Worldwide Care can be reached via chat or email from sprint.com/swwsupport or by calling 6s888-226-7212.

So that won't do any good in terms of getting more value for her 5 then.

Sadly No!

Sprint does have a buy back program online. 

Sprint-branded iPhones have been manufactured in a way that prevents them from being unlocked to allow the device to activate on a different carrier's network in the United States

Sadly No!

Sprint does have a buy back program online. 

Sprint-branded iPhones have been manufactured in a way that prevents them from being unlocked to allow the device to activate on a different carrier's network in the United States

That line from above is BS but Sprint holds to it!

You can unlock a iPhone from any other carrier if you pay it off. 

Yes it does! My Plan was the SERO 500 at $30 then when you wanted cooler devices you needed to upgrade to the SERO-P which I did that was $40.00. Then on devices that were data hogs they added the $10.00 Premium data add on at $10 TOTALING $50.00

Man you'll be keeping that plan for the rest of your life!  Mine is free mobile 2 mobile also, but that $70 vs $50 is a killer.  I can basically pay the same as I am now but not have to buy the phone up front and have unlimited everything.

Man you'll be keeping that plan for the rest of your life!  Mine is free mobile 2 mobile also, but that $70 vs $50 is a killer.  I can basically pay the same as I am now but not have to buy the phone up front and have unlimited everything.

Hopefully Sprint will let me. It requires going through a lot of hoops to use. I can only upgrade online. I can only call Sprint Employees Customer Care. etc.... but it is worth it! 

• Like 1

It will if you put it on eBay or Swappa as an international unlocked device. I saw a really bad conditioned 5S sell for $490 up-thread.

• Like 2

It will if you put it on eBay or Swappa as an international unlocked device. I saw a really bad conditioned 5S sell for $490 up-thread.

The biggest issue you will run into is the iPhone 5 only has 5 LTE BANDS which makes it less valuable. The iPhone 5s has 13 LTE bands and it is much more valuable for international clients. 

Its cant hurt to try!  

Edited by ZebraDude

I'm on the phone with customer service, and they said eligibility resets in 5 days. I'm going to try to get that pushed up unless telesales can do something.

Were you able to get this resolved? I am thinking about paying off my easy pay device and doing the same thing, but only if it will work without too much of a hassle for the iPhone release.

Were you able to get this resolved? I am thinking about paying off my easy pay device and doing the same thing, but only if it will work without too much of a hassle for the iPhone release.

I can't pre-order my phone until the 17th if I want to use Easy Pay to buy it.

NEvermind that. I can actually get the iPhone 6... Had to go through sprint social care to verify that I can in fact actually turn my old phone in for MORE than $0 which is what I was told at the sprint store.

Yay to that! iPhone 6 here I come. Calling to reserve one tomorrow.

• Like 1

Not me due to a Sprint technicality. <_<

I had one of those too....I've literally spent all afternoon getting this sorted. After going to the sprint store I thought I saw red because I had verified with at least 2 chat reps that I CAN turn in my old phone for a credit towards my new device,,,which I have to do anyways to upgrade my contract early. But after he told me I "forfeit" my buy back because I am upgrading early (which is what I thought the $150 credit was for!!!), I insisted on verifying that with at least 2 other people.

So I went to the sprint forums and bitched, expressed my irritation with being told a different answer every other time I asked. They followed up with me and told me that I can in fact turn in the device for the credit. I just emailed them back asking about their buy back price matching against other providers. TMO is offering 350 which is awesome, and Sprint only $230...so I am hoping to get the $350 price match...or at least something in between. The phone will essentially be free for me if that is the case.