Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

The Fierce comments section truly used to be a very nice place for intelligent discourse before the t-mobile fanboys showed up.

This is so true. With a DB as their icon, they just follow the examples passed down and run rampant around the internet vomiting up nonsense and argument.

Neal is the only exception. But he was pretty in pink long before the current incarnation of virtual alley trolls came into being.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Why does Sprint need any more spectrum in any band at all? What specific failing does their current tri band setup have? Well, other than lack of deployment.

I have yet to experience a tuned 800Mhz tower at work, but I long for the days of coverage in my office, on the third floor of my building, smack dab in the center. If I can have a LTE signal penetrate walls - exterior and interior - I would be so happy. Co-workers on T-Mobile and AT&T are feeling my pain...

If it wasn't for guest/public wifi, I'd be better off going into airplane mode to save battery.

If 200Mhz can make that difference, I'd be over the moon.

• Like 4

John Legere is handling this like Pep Guardiola at the end of the MLS All-Star game. lol

Glad someone else was watching. Lol

That guy (and Legere) is a douche canoe.

• Like 2

John Legere is handling this like Pep Guardiola at the end of the MLS All-Star game. lol

What did the Bayern manager do? Unfortunately, I left the bar before MLS got the equalizer, then the win.

AJ

• Like 1

What did the Bayern manager do? Unfortunately, I left the bar before MLS got the equalizer, then the win.

AJ

Refused to shake Caleb Porter's hand because Alonso had a hard tackle that drew a yellow.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/watch-porter-gets-the-cold-shoulder-no-handshake-from-pep-guardiola/

• Like 1

Refused to shake Caleb Porter's hand because Alonso had a hard tackle that drew a yellow. http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/watch-porter-gets-the-cold-shoulder-no-handshake-from-pep-guardiola/

This is decidedly off topic, but I said to a friend/colleague tonight that the MLS All-Star Game will be against a La Liga side -- either Real or Barca -- in the next three years. Do you agree?

AJ

• Like 1

I have yet to experience a tuned 800Mhz tower at work, but I long for the days of coverage in my office, on the third floor of my building, smack dab in the center. If I can have a LTE signal penetrate walls - exterior and interior - I would be so happy. Co-workers on T-Mobile and AT&T are feeling my pain...

If it wasn't for guest/public wifi, I'd be better off going into airplane mode to save battery.

If 200Mhz can make that difference, I'd be over the moon.

I don't believe that 600 MHz will offer a significant increase in coverage or penetration than 800 MHz. I don't have the means to generate coverage plots reflecting building penetration, but I'll put together a sample coverage plot at 821 MHz to reflect Sprint's 800 MHz LTE uplink channel and one at 665 MHz to reflect a stab in the dark at the lowest 600 MHz channel I hope that gets auctioned. We'll then compare. I'll use 40 dBm and 15 dBi on the base station at 230'. I'll use a handset at 6' with 23 dBm output power and 0 dBi antenna.

You expect today to be the bottom for the stock price in the near future?

I was referring to Sprint being expensive. I couldn't care less about stock prices. None. At. All.

• Like 1

This is decidedly off topic, but I said to a friend/colleague tonight that the MLS All-Star Game will be against a La Liga side -- either Real or Barca -- in the next three years. Do you agree?

AJ

No idea, but I bet Real Madrid would listen if they played at a big stadium like CenturyLink.

• Like 1

No idea, but I bet Real Madrid would listen if they played at a big stadium like CenturyLink.

If at CenturyLink, bring in a grass overlay. The Big House did that for the Manchester United-Real Madrid match last weekend. The game tonight at Providence Park was on turf.

AJ

• Like 2

If at CenturyLink, bring in a grass overlay. The Big House did that for the Manchester United-Real Madrid match last weekend. The game tonight at Providence Park was on turf.

AJ

Either a real grass pitch, or the Clink installs Desso Grassmaster like the Packers and a lot of high level soccer clubs in La Liga or the Premiership.

• Like 1

Either a real grass pitch, or the Clink installs Desso Grassmaster like the Packers and a lot of high level soccer clubs in La Liga or the Premiership.

Because of the rainy season, I doubt that any Pacific Northwest pro teams that play without a sliding roof will go grass, not even grass hybrid. That is too bad. Otherwise, the marine climate is quite mild.

AJ

• Like 1

Because of the rainy season, I doubt that any Pacific Northwest pro teams that play without a sliding roof will go grass, not even grass hybrid. That is too bad. Otherwise, the marine climate is quite mild.

AJ

Is it that much more rainy than places like Man U and Chelsea, which is having the Desso installed this off-season?

• Like 1

Is it that much more rainy than places like Man U and Chelsea, which is having the Desso installed this off-season?

There is a famous T-shirt: Seattle Rain Festival January 1-December 31. But, seriously, talk to Paul Allen. He can surely afford to install hybrid grass. My guess, though, is that the Seahawks have vetoed that idea. That is too bad. The Sounders deserve a better stadium. The fans like to crow about the large crowds for some matches. But CenturyLink is a football stadium. A soccer specific stadium, like Sporting Park, is a better environment -- and on real grass.

AJ

• Like 2

I think this is a over generalization of T-Mobile fans...

I wasn't being general at all. I was speaking about a very specific group of aggressive Tmo trolls defecating all over FierceWireless article comments. And that is my feelings about that very specific group of people.

And maybe I don't travel out of my own forums very often, but I typically see on Sprint topics folks explaining what Sprint is doing rationally and intelligently and then a whole lot of attacks commence against them. The poisoned Hate-erade people be drinking is messin' up their minds.

Americans are getting so polarized. Our egomaniacal over valued self worth and opinion is crossing bounds that it even infringes on others to have an opinion. Even something as trivial as an opinion over which wireless provider they use. We are finding our identities in brands and life themes, persecuting people who think differently. It almost feels like we are socially devolving to some extent.

• Like 21

I wasn't being general at all. I was speaking about a very specific group of aggressive Tmo trolls defecating all over FierceWireless article comments. And that is my feelings about that very specific group of people.

And maybe I don't travel out of my own forums very often, but I typically see on Sprint topics folks explaining what Sprint is doing rationally and intelligently and then a whole lot of attacks commence against them. The poisoned Hate-erade people be drinking is messin' up their minds.

Americans are getting so polarized. Our egomaniacal over valued self worth and opinion is crossing bounds that it even infringes on others to have an opinion. Even something as trivial as an opinion over which wireless provider they use. We are finding our identities in brands and life themes, persecuting people who think differently. It almost feels like we are socially devolving to some extent.

Robert you hit it on the nail. It's also like that on Google + social network.

• Like 1

I apologize for the interruption in your regularly scheduled programming, but this has been SNL/S4GRU "Soccer Talk." We talk about soccer, managers, grass. You know, no big whoop.

SNL_0808_Coffee_Talk_EST.png

AJ

• Like 6

I apologize for the interruption in your regularly scheduled programming, but this has been SNL/S4GRU "Soccer Talk." We talk about soccer, managers, grass. You know, no big whoop.

AJ

I was watching the soccer commentators on the Bar TV where Christina and I went to dinner after church tonight. I tried and I tried. But I just couldn't get into it.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I don't believe that 600 MHz will offer a significant increase in coverage or penetration than 800 MHz.

It's not so much that 600Mhz will be better than 800Mhz, it's that Sprint doesn't have ENOUGH low frequency spectrum. In most places, Sprint only has enough 800Mhz for 3x3 or 5x5 Mhz of LTE. IMHO Sprint needs at least 20Mhz of usable sub 1Ghz spectrum to make for decent VoLTE and data performance. They can get that by combining a 5x5 of 600Mhz with 6.5x 6.5 or more of 800Mhz. In markets where Sprint lacks at least a 6.5 x 6.5 of 800Mhz, they will probably need 10x10 of 600Mhz. Given their lack of 700 Mhz holdings and their minimal 800Mhz holdings (compared to VZW and ATT which have both 700Mhz AND their Cellular holdings. Frankly, they only really need to bid for 600Mhz in markets where they don't already hold either side of the cellular license.

• Like 1

I was watching the soccer commentators on the Bar TV where Christina and I went to dinner after church tonight. I tried and I tried. But I just couldn't get into it.

I grew up playing and officiating soccer. But I did not really get into the pro game until the last 2-3 years. Of course, it does not hurt to have Sporting KC and Sporting Park nearly in my backyard. Both really are jewels of American soccer. In fact, I can see my soccer interest exceeding my NFL interest in the next few years.

AJ

• Like 2