Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

Really? Sprints been working on nv for over 4 years now. Management from top to bottom is bad, customer service is bottom every year. Tmobile now has more prepaid customers than sprint. It's not a shock if tmobile is 3 by this time next year

4 years? Wrong. Bad management and horrible customer service? If you are going to voice your opinions then don't present them as fact.

Well it seems that total revenue for the whole wireless industry was flat if not outright negative. So it's not just Sprint but the whole industry. 

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/devices-smartphones/where-has-all-the-mobile-revenue-gone/d/d-id/710286?

Read the comments, they are very enlightening.

• Like 1

Well it seems that total revenue for the whole wireless industry was flat if not outright negative. So it's not just Sprint but the whole industry. 

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/devices-smartphones/where-has-all-the-mobile-revenue-gone/d/d-id/710286?

Read the comments, they are very enlightening.

Its a saturated market. Just about anybody who wants a cell phone has a cell phone with the only emerging demographic being pre-teens/teens. That's why we are about to see an all out battle to keep customers, steal the other guys customers and capture the youngsters. That's the ONLY route to growth other than mergers.

Hopefully this new CEO brings a new website with him. Sprint's website drives me crazy.

It needs a complete overhaul. 

I'd still prefer they meet their advertised speeds (5-8 down). My benchmark for a network is being able to stream music during my entire commute without stuttering, while I'm reading text based news at the same time, at 1-2 down, this tends not to work. If Sprint can do that and keep my framily plan at $25 + $20, I'll be happy. They can't do it in San Francisco, and they can almost do it in Oakland. When I go back to Chicago in the fall, I'm relatively certain I should be able to do it, but we'll see. 

While I do agree but I as long as I can stream Spotify, hop on Vine, Instagram and surf the web with ease I'm fine. Now I do conduct speed tests here and there, I do question if the results are accurate only because I am able to stream Spotify on high quality with no problems on LTE and 3G and my speed tests that Ive done barely hit 3mbps in my area on LTE.

While I do agree but I as long as I can stream Spotify, hop on Vine, Instagram and surf the web with ease I'm fine. Now I do conduct speed tests here and there, I do question if the results are accurate only because I am able to stream Spotify on high quality with no problems on LTE and 3G and my speed tests that Ive done barely hit 3mbps in my area on LTE.

I think the key there is consistency. Theoretically I could do my 320kbps stream at a smooth 500kbps fine, but on 3G I might burst to 700kbps then down to 15, then up to 80, then 150, then 0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think the key there is consistency. Theoretically I could do my 320kbps stream at a smooth 500kbps fine, but on 3G I might burst to 700kbps then down to 15, then up to 80, then 150, then 0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But the app preloading songs should be useful in that regard. When I'm on Google Play Music, I can drop to legacy 3G and the song will keep playing because my device already loaded it.

No you not, if you he was traveling DC area

When I was driving to North Carolina from NYC, I got caught in some DC traffic that added an extra hour to the 9 hours it typically takes to drive there.

• Like 2

When I was driving to North Carolina from NYC, I got caught in some DC traffic that added an extra hour to the 9 hours it typically takes to drive there.

We were in standstill traffic at 3 AM for half an hour in DC on the way to Pennsylvania. It was insane.
  • Like 2

Yeah, DC traffic is insane man. They need to do something to bypass that mess! Yikes!!!!!

Dont remind me. I just had to deal with that mess last week at 12 noon! I decided to save somebodies life and keep my freedom. I stopped at a hotel for the night.   :pinch:

• Like 1

Dont remind me. I just had to deal with that mess last week at 12 noon! I decided to save somebodies life and keep my freedom. I stopped at a hotel for the night.   :pinch:

I have taken 81 down from Harrisburg, P.A. to 64 to Richmond. I have also gone into Delaware and taken 9 to 13 down to Virginia Beach. Anything to avoid DC :).

• Like 2

I've had two pleasant customer service experiences in the past 24hours. Called to inquire about switching my line to a my way all in plan. Agent was helpful and explained what I needed to do and slowly explained to me the options of how my current plan would be affected, if and when I wanted the change to take place. That it wouldn't extend or put me into a new contract if I did make the switch. Very detailed!

This morning I had to call about a band 41 tower issue I connect to that does't kick down to 1x voice when receiving  a voice call. The agent did her best to understand where I was coming from stated an engineer would be calling me back if. Then spoke to a supervisor monitoring the call for quality of service.

That is a difference in continued customer satisfacation, that they are making sure people are being heard and taken care of. Especially with new agents, setting the tone of how the experience should take place when dealing with a customer! No one agent can change the state of the network, but simply listening and taking notes and communicating back information received is a big deal!

• Like 2

You could stream audio on a dialup. Three megs is like 48 dial-ups.

This is correct. I believe even spotify @160kbps uses ~ 1.2 MB/Min. Basically at 1 hour a day you are around 2ish GB of data/month. That being said, I definitely still have sites here in Austin where the speed is so low I cannot even load a single song.

I thought 495 was the way to bypass the mess [emoji12]. But yeah, they need a bypass for the bypass!

The ICC-200 was supposed to help reduce traffic on 495. Thus helping the bypass for 95. But, hardly anyone uses the ICC because it has a ridiculous toll lol

What I'm really curious about now is Comcast. A friend of mine that has worked for Comcast for a long time tells me that they are actually planning to return to the wireless biz, which is something I doubt. I'm interested to see how that unfolds along with the changes at Sprint and T-Mobile. Maybe Verizon and AT&T will finally have a run for their money in 2015-2016.

Edited by MkVsTheWorld

The ICC-200 was supposed to help reduce traffic on 495. Thus helping the bypass for 95. But, hardly anyone uses the ICC because it has a ridiculous toll lol

What I'm really curious about now is Comcast. A friend of mine that has worked for Comcast for a long time tells me that they are actually planning to return to the wireless biz, which is something I doubt. I'm interested to see how that unfolds along with the changes at Sprint and T-Mobile. Maybe Verizon and AT&T will finally have a run for their money in 2015-2016.

Returning to wireless in some form another seems natural as more people are mobile and expect content to be seamlessly beamed into (and out of) their phones, cars, watches, eyeglasses, outside equipment, etc.

I assume they will follow CableVision - especially since they already pier off of each other's hot spots.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/08/cablevision-david-dibble-wifi-cto/

Sprint stock still getting hammered today. The market now believes Sprint is worth $1 billion less than T-Mobile US.

The modern exchange system is myopic at best.

John showed wall street that they can add gobs of users. And said they'll over take sprint. He provided action.

Sprint gave just the "opposite" news.

It'll course correct in time!

• Like 1