Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

so it can't scan for LTE while connected to 3G?  That's interesting

when you set it to 3g/1x only mode, it wont scan for LTE

but it actually has to disconnect from 3G to even search for LTE?

I believe so yes. Any time I had my nexus on global, or LTE(recommended) mode, It would cut off all connections so it could scan The LTE bands.

I've never seen that happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It does so in areas where there is no LTE deployed, or in areas where LTE can not reach.

If you guys are really that hard up for your update why don't you get the msl for your device and enable the bands yourself? Ten people a day complaining about the update is ruining this thread and will not get Google to push this any faster.

• Like 1

If you guys are really that hard up for your update why don't you get the msl for your device and enable the bands yourself? Ten people a day complaining about the update is ruining this thread and will not get Google to push this any faster.

band priority does not always work. It takes prl updates, radio cycling, etc. The spark update will make all this seamless and automatic.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

band priority does not always work. It takes prl updates, radio cycling, etc. The spark update will make all this seamless and automatic.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Then I guess you wait.

Again. Endless nagging and bitching isn't doing anything to help the issue.

Then I guess you wait.

I don't think I've been nagging? Watch who you call out when you quote.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Then I guess you wait.

I only see one instance of nagging and bitching going on right now.  The lack of tri-band support is a persistent source of early-adopters anxiety for owners of this phone.  It's perfectly okay to express our desire to get this update promptly- after five months of waiting it has hardly gotten out of control and the conversation/statements are completely mature.  No need to bring others down.

• Like 5

Then I guess you wait.

People express their frustration, but hardly endless nagging. The vast majority of the posts in this thread are productive. I don't see any problems here.

And for you information, enabling the bands is not the end all be all. I have yet to get my N5 to connect to Band 41 in KC, an official Spark market. Even with PRL and profile updates and whatnot. 

• Like 1

And for you information, enabling the bands is not the end all be all. I have yet to get my N5 to connect to Band 41 in KC, an official Spark market. Even with PRL and profile updates and whatnot.

Exactly. So even with the update its probably not going to be the saving grace everyone is hoping for anyways. You guys are pinning a lot on this update.

Exactly. So even with the update its probably not going to be the saving grace everyone is hoping for anyways. You guys are pinning a lot on this update.

If the G2 is any indication, it will at least make B41 connections reliable, and work they way they are supposed to. So yes, it is highly anticipated. 

Then I guess you wait.

because being vocal about anticipating the spark update is ruining this thread much like those being vocal about anticipating B26 is also ruining half the other threads on this site as well.

:wall:

• Like 2

I agree to some point about the constant, where is the update, and the complaining about the lack of update. Honestly some of y'all have waited longer going through the NV 1.0 Process. The update will come, I just hate seeing all of the complaining about it, when you know it will be out, and when you can have steps to take, maybe not the best steps, but steps to take to circumvent the spark issues. Yes they do not work all of the time, but there is nothing else you can do. Complaining  on here will accomplish nothing but bring a negative attitude. Be positive, and keep up with being productive, and by the time you know it, the update will be out.

• Like 2

I would like it sooner rather than later. I know its not the same but coming from a Note 2 that never got a 800 MHz update gets me wondering if should have waited for the patch before I ordered.

Sent from Nexus 5

• Like 1

I would like it sooner rather than later. I know its not the same but coming from a Note 2 that never got a 800 MHz update gets me wondering if should have waited for the patch before I ordered.

Sent from Nexus 5

I have the same fear...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Have you tried the .15 or .17 radios?

I've been using .15 for a month or 2 now with no issues (other than the known lack of CSFB) and it automatically pulls b41 where it is available and has a better signal than b25.

Have you tried the .15 or .17 radios?

I've been using .15 for a month or 2 now with no issues (other than the known lack of CSFB) and it automatically pulls b41 where it is available and has a better signal than b25.

I know you weren't referring to me, but that's a complete non starter for me, in an area where there are a number of CSFB issues moving from tower to tower.  As much as I'd love me some B41, I can't give up the ability to get calls (and not know at any given time whether I can get them or not).

well, .17 as I recall will allow both csfb and b41.

of course if all of your b41 is in areas with csfb issues, then you may well be sol since you will be stuck in 3g in those areas anyway.

In regards to the tendency for the N5 to drop onto 3g while driving I noticed the same problem in the Fort Wayne, IN area despite upgrades basically being complete. I noticed the issue with the .17 and .23 radios but when I flashed the .15 radio it held onto LTE better and would connect to it more often and quicker. I did not notice symptoms endemic of an eCSFB issue in the area when I used the .15 radio.

So, I was just on the phone with Sprint tech support about the Spark update.  She put me on hold and came back stating that the update was available beginning March 10th? She said the software build number is KOT49Y.  She said it should be push to our phones, but if it didn't to go in and manually update.

Thoughts?