Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

We've all been exceedingly patient.  I'm trying..but I feel my patience beginning to run out.

Yep, if you run out of patience, I understand.  I'm a little anxious myself.  Just don't allow your new found lack of patience cause you to break the rules.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 6

Yep, if you run out of patience, I understand.  I'm a little anxious myself.  Just don't allow your new found lack of patience cause you to break the rules.  :tu:

Robert

I think I am misunderstanding you. How could I possibly be in danger of breaking any rules??

I think I am misunderstanding you. How could I possibly be in danger of breaking any rules??

Sometimes when members lose their patience about a given subject they start ranting.  I just wanted you to know I commiserate with your anguish.  However, please don't start ranting because of it.  ;)

Robert

• Like 4

Ever since I plopped in the new .15 radios, I see no problems with reception. Still getting calls and texts. Even picks up a random 800 carrier for 1x when it drops from csfb in town. I posted results in the Myrtle thread. I just don't believe we have any active 800 LTE at the beach, let alone b41.

So I am content being the one dot of purple on the map south of 29527 from a 1900 tower 3 miles and change away.

Through a forest.

That pretty much shut down any complaint I had w this device. The bugs are obnoxious but livable so far on my end. Mostly a random app ending.

Sprint satisfaction survey about the Nexus 5. Complete it and receive $5 off your bill

http://userfeedback.sprint.com/sprintsatisfaction/

code: MILK305826

***Not sure if this will work for everyone***

Those codes are usually good for just one person.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sometimes when members lose their patience about a given subject they start ranting.  I just wanted you to know I commiserate with your anguish.  However, please don't start ranting because of it.  ;)

Robert

Ha ha..um..no. I'm far too busy to even find time to rant! I only WISH I had "free time," whatever that even means. But if I do find some of this coveted "free time" it will likely be put to better use than ranting. Like the gym. Or underwater basket weaving.
  • Like 1

Just saw that in my Google now. It cannot get here soon enough.

Actually, that would be in your Google Next Week.

AJ

• Like 6

... this was part of the reason I held off on buying my Nexus 5 until I couldn't resist it any more ... knowing that the Nexus 5 thread would devolve into cascading self pity ...

But seriously, I love my Nexus 5 even sans-Spark... and I'm ok with waiting a little longer (I survived the WiMax years, and the early NV years).

Friends, this too shall pass!

• Like 8

So is it me or is anyone else waiting for the spark update just so someone can make a ROM called all spark?

• Like 3

So is it me or is anyone else waiting for the spark update just so someone can make a ROM called all spark?

Nice Beast Wars reference

It is likely dropping 3G to scan for LTE. Put it in 3G only mode and see if you still get the dropouts. This will likely not be fixed with the update as the single-path radio is physically unable to scan for LTE while keeping a 3G signal.

so i enabled band 41 and 26 lte on stock radio.  Band 41 is 1 and others are 0 and i don't have the data drop anymore on 3g any more.

it will be released hopefully next week but thats all ive been hearing since sprints release. lol I bet you by time nexus 5 2014 edition it will be out.   :popcorn:

you mean "when I see it on XDA's site", right? :)

You mean when you see it on factory image page from Google right? ;)

You mean when you see it on factory image page from Google right? ;)

naw... based on the past, odds are it will be on xda long before the downloadable factory image is available from google :)

• Like 1

Hopefully, this is the week n5 owners have been waiting for. I've only been an owner for about a month, but I know many of you have been waiting since what, November? Bring it. Tomorrow would be cool. The rumored release of Friday seems strange. A Monday would make more sense, right?