lilotimz

How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Nokia Networks)

Why do they install the equipment, but it doesn't go live for a few months?

Vendors are still completing their FIT testing.

Different crews, backup upgrades, waiting for detailed setup instructions from fit testing which is now complete.

sorry if this has been asked but i was reading another topic and skimmed across an entry. Is it true that an 8t8r panel has double the capacity with a single 20mhz channel? 

sorry if this has been asked but i was reading another topic and skimmed across an entry. Is it true that an 8t8r panel has double the capacity with a single 20mhz channel? 

Basically yes due to the fact a 20 mhz TDD-LTE carrier in Sprints configuration will top out at 80-90 mbps whereas Sprints 5x5 mhz FDD-LTE carrier tops out at ~37 mbps in the best of conditions. 

And now for something completely different.

t006_r18789_v4.jpg

In size/weight-constrained spots (namely stealth sites), Sprint is actually ripping out original NV equipment and installing these new antennas, the CommScope DHHTT65B-3XR, with an RRUS 31 B25 and an NSN RRH alongside the original RRUS 11 B26.

http://www.commscope.com/catalog/wireless/159/product_details.aspx?id=23327

http://zh.commscope.com/catalog/wireless/pdf/part/DHHTT65B-3XR.aspx?id=23327

• Like 3

In size/weight-constrained spots (namely stealth sites), Sprint is actually ripping out original NV equipment and installing these new antennas, the CommScope DHHTT65B-3XR, with an RRUS 31 B25 and an NSN RRH alongside the original RRUS 11 B26.

So is it safe to say that band 41 will be coming to more sites than expected with these new panels and RRUs.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Has this actually happened anywhere?

So is it safe to say that band 41 will be coming to more sites than expected with these new panels and RRUs.

Sent from my Nexus 5

More than expected? No, Band 41 is still expected to be added to the vast majority of Sprint sites.

• Like 2

San Francisco is full of them and there's a few in my market, a few in Phoenix, and a few elsewhere too. 

They relocate the 800 RRU to a ground mount setup sometimes. 

• Like 1

San Francisco is full of them and there's a few in my market, a few in Phoenix, and a few elsewhere too. 

They relocate the 800 RRU to a ground mount setup.

So these same antennas are being used in different markets? 

How many Band 41 carriers are they capable of? 

So these same antennas are being used in different markets? 

How many Band 41 carriers are they capable of? 

4x 2.5 rf ports = 3 carriers max unless they they have a RF Combiner for 2.6 then they can do 6 carriers as per a typical 8T8R setup by combining the 8x 2.5 jumpers from RRU to a combiner that outputs 4. A combiner does have some drawbacks in terms of signal loss though. 

• Like 1

I could see these used in some GMO conversions as well, especially lattice/truss sites. Wood utility poles seem to be able to handle the full weight of a regular 800 1900 2500 LTE setup for at least two sectors based on observations (at least so far).

I could see these used in some GMO conversions as well, especially lattice/truss sites. Wood utility poles seem to be able to handle the full weight of a regular 800 1900 2500 LTE setup for at least two sectors based on observations (at least so far).

Gmo conversions, yes please!

• Like 1

There are recent permits in Ericsson land.

They relocate the 800 RRU to a ground mount setup.

Sometimes.

kVbMYiq.png

YRetyRv.png

• Like 1

Basically yes due to the fact a 20 mhz TDD-LTE carrier in Sprints configuration will top out at 80-90 mbps whereas Sprints 5x5 mhz FDD-LTE carrier tops out at ~37 mbps in the best of conditions. 

please correct me if im wrong. 8t8r is basically 8x8 mimo but no device can take advantage of that high order at the moment. so basically it splits it the antennas in half for 2 4x4 or 4x2? 

please correct me if im wrong. 8t8r is basically 8x8 mimo but no device can take advantage of that high order at the moment. so basically it splits it the antennas in half for 2 4x4 or 4x2? 

Yes. They're running it in 4x2 MIMO configuration. 

That's pretty cool how that works. so its like having six 2.5 connections on a tower instead of 3 

I noticed a tower being upgraded near me and I would assume it is for B41.  The tower currently has B25/26 on it.  However, I am not 100% sure this is a Clearwire/Sprint upgrade.  Based on this forum, the B41 antennas are supposed to be smaller than the Sprint B25/26 antenna, however, from the link below the Clearwire B41 antenna are a little longer.  The circles in red are the new antenna, and the circle in green are the Sprint B25/26 antenna.  Are the one's in red Clearwire B41, or are they for another carrier?

http://i.imgur.com/pKd7MsJ.jpg

The antenna on the far right looks like it has a Nokia RRU right behind it, judging by that I'd say that is a Sprint B41 install.

I noticed a tower being upgraded near me and I would assume it is for B41. The tower currently has B25/26 on it. However, I am not 100% sure this is a Clearwire/Sprint upgrade. Based on this forum, the B41 antennas are supposed to be smaller than the Sprint B25/26 antenna, however, from the link below the Clearwire B41 antenna are a little longer. The circles in red are the new antenna, and the circle in green are the Sprint B25/26 antenna. Are the one's in red Clearwire B41, or are they for another carrier?

http://i.imgur.com/pKd7MsJ.jpg

Those appear to be 8t8r antennas, not Clearwire.

-Anthony

Edit: Fraydog beat me to it :P

48 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Can someone tell me what this is what carrier because that was just put up not too long ago

20180502_181800.jpg

That’s s really bad photo...can you get a closer/higher res one?

Just now, RAvirani said:

That’s s really bad photo...can you get a closer/higher res one?

Unfortunately I can't for the meantime I am banned from the property for one year

5 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Unfortunately I can't for the meantime I am banned from the property for one year

:dazed:

Wut..

:nono:

• Haha 1