Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

They dont have to. They more than likely will a little but not much, zero precent financing on the phone bill will countinue to support phone prices, i believe anyway. I think everyone who works in the industry is glad to see subsidies go away. You want a high end phone buy one, like a tv.

What I think will happen is phone prices will drop. Look at apple. iPads cost less then their phones. With more competition and companies competing directly for business. That is better for us.

What I think will happen is phone prices will drop. Look at apple. iPads cost less then their phones. With more competition and companies competing directly for business. That is better for us.

Also, it will make it so that people that usually buys low to midrange devices will be able to afford high end devices. With the many $0 to $99 down deals I see on most devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just wish all the Sprint reps would be as well trained and up on the facts as those who post here. A friend at work wanted to switch to Framily on his 3 lines and was told because he is under contract he would have to pay an extra 15 a month, but he got his daughter the IPhone almost a year ago. Turned him off on Sprint. He is likely to switch when his contract is out. Sent from my SPH-L900

the problem is.....

most people give 2 craps about making their job better....or going the extra mile..

sad thing really...without getting all preachy with politics....look at the USA right now....people want to have all the goodies in life that come from hard work and effort...yet want someone else to pay for it...

"you mean I work as an unskilled laborer in the fast food industry, and i cant have that 3000 sqft house and ipads, and nice cars??"

you get the point...

Where the people here, take their skill and try to improve on it, by being as educated as possible...  And truly listening to what the customer wants, or would be beneficial to them.

• Like 4

I just wish all the Sprint reps would be as well trained and up on the facts as those who post here. A friend at work wanted to switch to Framily on his 3 lines and was told because he is under contract he would have to pay an extra 15 a month, but he got his daughter the IPhone almost a year ago. Turned him off on Sprint. He is likely to switch when his contract is out. Sent from my SPH-L900

I'm confused here... not sure when he was told this BUT that is how the program works "regularly".  They were "for a limited time only" offering to waive the $15/m fee that was to be charge to any line that was NOT upgrade eligible and still in a current contract. This was the incentive to get current customers (who were still under contract) to hurriedly move to the new plan. 

Early bird gets the worm... 

• Like 1

I may have just gotten off a conference call about Framily; without breaking our NDA, I will tell you that this very thing has been very strongly hinted at, if not outright stated.

In our store, Framily is the lead offer. All the price strips (like MacinJosh posted) are for Easy Pay. If a customer wants to get a two-year agreement, we have to grab a manager (or call one if one's not available in the store), and then when finished, email our district manager explaining what objections to Framily and Easy Pay we couldn't overcome. And, even if you do want a two-year subsidized phone, all the pricing is listed on a separate flyer we have to pull out from behind the Point-of-Sale stations. So yeah, the push away from subsidizing is extremely heavy.

With subsidized phones going away and the $15 fee waive going away or gone(?), should we just use upgrades?

I have an upgrade in March. Seeing as there is no longer the $15 fee waive(?), should I just use that since the $15 is going to be added anyways when moving to family?

That leads me to ask, when would people be forced off plans like the everything 1500? At the same time as subsidized phones go away?

Thanks.

• Like 1

With subsidized phones going away and the $15 fee waive going away or gone(?), should we just use upgrades?

I have an upgrade in March. Seeing as there is no longer the $15 fee waive(?), should I just use that since the $15 is going to be added anyways when moving to family?

That leads me to ask, when would people be forced off plans like the everything 1500? At the same time as subsidized phones go away?

Thanks.

Well.... here's the thing, once your contract is up (eligible for upgrade) that line would no longer incur the $15/m charge, you have fulfilled your contract and Sprint has gotten their money out of you for that one.  I have a feeling they'll give you the option of moving off the FF1500 at the subsidized upgrade points OR you stay on FF1500 and will not let you upgrade the device unless you bring your own device.  Then, once all your lines are out of contract, they could seemingly force you off of it with the only options for you being move to unsubsidized plan or leave Sprint. Sprint has their money at that point, they aren't going willing give that money away.  

*The unsubsidized phones don't have to go away, the "plans" will go away which renders the option to get subsidized device upgrade impossible.  With no plan, and I'm sure they'll draw the line on existing plan upgrades as well, the only thing left is the unsubsidized plans with Easy Pay, BYOD and Retail options for phones. 

Well.... here's the thing, once your contract is up (eligible for upgrade) that line would no longer incur the $15/m charge, you have fulfilled your contract and Sprint has gotten their money out of you for that one.  I have a feeling they'll give you the option of moving off the FF1500 at the subsidized upgrade points OR you stay on FF1500 and will not let you upgrade the device unless you bring your own device.  Then, once all your lines are out of contract, they could seemingly force you off of it with the only options for you being move to unsubsidized plan or leave Sprint. Sprint has their money at that point, they aren't going willing give that money away.  

*The unsubsidized phones don't have to go away, the "plans" will go away which renders the option to get subsidized device upgrade impossible.  With no plan, and I'm sure they'll draw the line on existing plan upgrades as well, the only thing left is the unsubsidized plans with Easy Pay, BYOD and Retail options for phones. 

Hmmm, my thoughts as well.  Things is there's 5 people on the plan with upgrades in 3/14, 4/14/, 4/15, 5/15, and 7/15.  So if we were to move to framily at this point given the $15 fee, the first (upgrade in 3/14) and second person (upgrade 4/14) would benefit but everyone else (upgrades in 4/15, 5/15, and 7/15) would be stuck with at least $180 worth of fee charges (12*15).

The two options you mentioned seem probable as far as what Sprint will do with FF1500.

Regardless, a $35 Nexus 5 from Amazon on 3/1/14 is looking awful tempting

• Like 1

Thanks.

I haven't heard an end date to the waiving $15 promo, but i have heard that the day for subsidies ending may not be as firm as previously thought and may slip to Q2.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I held onto my Fair & Flexible 800 plan as long as I could and finally moved to the Everything Data 1500 kicking and screaming. Not being able to activate a smartphone on F&F was what got me and I could only stand Windows Mobile for so long. Plan on holding out as long a possible before I switch to Framily.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I haven't heard an end date to the waiving $15 promo, but i have heard that the day for subsidies ending may not be as firm as previously thought and may slip to Q2.

LOL What i think will happen is they will just not offer it anymore maybe but those who are on a ED1500 plan and want to keep going with it and not change can do so. Think about it If they were to force them to go off then ED1500 plan people could etf out free cause it would be a breach of contract. None of the other big carriers is doing away with contracts totally. They want to keep people not get rid of a mass of people. And also the everything my way plan that people got and paid for and still can get with unlimited data for life are not going to be happy.

As i said they will just Gran Father those in and just maybe not offer it anymore. But the back peddle has started and if i were a betting man i would bet those on ED1500 and the ETMW plans will be able to keep them and not be forced to switch off and still get upgrade.

Heck the tablet plans have upgrades i am on the $5 tablet plan and can upgrade in 18 months lol if that time comes and no upgrade were there then they lose my 2 lines cause i would just leave.

They can stop offering the upgrade plans but i doubt very much they will stop the people who are on them now from still being able to use them and stay on them.

• Like 1

LOL What i think will happen is they will just not offer it anymore maybe but those who are on a ED1500 plan and want to keep going with it and not change can do so. Think about it If they were to force them to go off then ED1500 plan people could etf out free cause it would be a breach of contract. None of the other big carriers is doing away with contracts totally. They want to keep people not get rid of a mass of people. And also the everything my way plan that people got and paid for and still can get with unlimited data for life are not going to be happy.

As i said they will just Gran Father those in and just maybe not offer it anymore. But the back peddle has started and if i were a betting man i would bet those on ED1500 and the ETMW plans will be able to keep them and not be forced to switch off and still get upgrade.

Heck the tablet plans have upgrades i am on the $5 tablet plan and can upgrade in 18 months lol if that time comes and no upgrade were there then they lose my 2 lines cause i would just leave.

They can stop offering the upgrade plans but i doubt very much they will stop the people who are on them now from still being able to use them and stay on them.

Personally, I hope the above is true. Unless I can find a bunch of people wanting to move to Sprint, the New Framily Plan makes no sense for me with only two lines. Personally, I would prefer to stay on the ED1500.

Even though I don't tend to upgrade once a year, I have an upgrade available on my line, and my use it on the new HTC M8 to get the newest HTC device, and lock-in my ED1500 plan.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• Like 2

Personally, I hope the above is true. Unless I can find a bunch of people wanting to move to Sprint, the New Framily Plan makes no sense for me with only two lines. Personally, I would prefer to stay on the ED1500.

Even though I don't tend to upgrade once a year, I have an upgrade available on my line, and my use it on the new HTC M8 to get the newest HTC device, and lock-in my ED1500 plan.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Finding people is not hard at all. I was up to ten in just about two weeks. there are a couple of sites that you can post your ID on and people will use it to sign up. As of now I have 11 people on my Framily plan. Not sure how the eleventh one got on. but they are there. So I am sure they will be taken off soon. So with my two line I went from $150 down to $90. Then with the discount I am down another $6.40 to $83.60 with unlimited data. Just remember they will not prorate the bill as people sign on. That is why they say it can take two billing cycles to show the current discounts. 

Be nice to a rep ive helped many people get from 2-3 to 7 just by keeping their ID and get younger random people to join an existing framily.

I have 2 store reps in Vegas who said they would be willing to help me add people to my Framily.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Can you kick someone off framily?

Why would you want to? Unless you have 10 and want 1 or 2 of your own new lines added. I have 10 and have wondered the same thing. I have 6 people that I don't even know on mine, plus myself, my wife and my brother and his wife.