Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Hey Rocket, question.

I know I brought this up previously but it wasn't really never answered. but lets say, for example,

It is known that if you have an existing Sprint account you cannot join another Sprint members framily. It is basically designed to bring in new customers. But being that care is doing it, lets say for the sake of argument that...

Current Sprint customer (Customer 1) has three lines under her Sprint account.

Two other Sprint customers (each with their own Sprint account) live in the same household and are already billed separately.

These two want to join Customer 1 framily group)

Since the other two Sprint customers already have the same billing address, would it fair to say that they can join Customer 1 framily plan since care is allowing such merges as long as the billing address is the same?

TS

Hey Rocket, question.

I know I brought this up previously but it wasn't really never answered. but lets say, for example,

It is known that if you have an existing Sprint account you cannot join another Sprint members framily. It is basically designed to bring in new customers. But being that care is doing it, lets say for the sake of argument that...

Current Sprint customer (Customer 1) has three lines under her Sprint account.

Two other Sprint customers (each with their own Sprint account) live in the same household and are already billed separately.

These two want to join Customer 1 framily group)

Since the other two Sprint customers already have the same billing address, would it fair to say that they can join Customer 1 framily plan since care is allowing such merges as long as the billing address is the same?

TS

Honestly i have no idea, this stuff goes against everything ive been told and what we can do in store. In my system if we try to put a current framily ID on an account that is over 14 days it gives an error.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

4 or 5 long time Sprint customers are in my Framily. We had no problems merging via chat a month ago. A friend called about doing the same joining onto another existing Framily and had no luck. They might have clamped down on it

Sent from my SPH-L900

Need a code do see it, I just get a generic page...  :(

I clicked the link again and now it looks different. 

It looks like that you go there once you are in a Framily to fill out the form to get the gift card, etc. 

It says this:

Welcome to the Framily!

For a limited time, when you join an existing Sprint FramilySM Plan by bringing (porting) your number to Sprint from another carrier, you can register to receive a $200 Visa® Prepaid Card. Plus, get up to $300 with the Sprint Buyback Program!*

Here's how it works:

• This offer is non-transferable. You must have joined Sprint on a Framily ID from a referring Sprint Framily customer.
  • Complete a registration for each new line of service ported to Sprint.
  • For more information, please review the offer's Terms & Conditions
  • Remember: All lines must be ported from an active wireless line at another carrier and remain active on a Framily Plan for 31 days to receive the prepaid card.

*Buyback can be executed at store at time of purchase or later online. 

Mav.  :ninja:

• Like 1

Some people are saying it can take up to five days for someone to be linked to Framily plan. Of it is taking that long how are they taking care of the one who sign up for a plan then finding out days later that there is no slots available?

Revolutionary New Sprint Framily Plan Now Available For Small Businesses

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/revolutionary-new-sprint-framily-plan-now-available-for-small-businesses.htm

Framily for business... I like the idea but the all ready stupid name makes no sense when applied to business accounts.

Framily for business... I like the idea but the all ready stupid name makes no sense when applied to business accounts.

Looks identical to the normal one benefits and limits wise. I don't see a reason for it.

Sent from my SPH-L900

• Like 2

Looks identical to the normal one benefits and limits wise. I don't see a reason for it. Sent from my SPH-L900

I assume that business accounts where ineligible for Framily before this. Now they are, thus the reason for it....

Looks identical to the normal one benefits and limits wise. I don't see a reason for it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't small businesses (that offer phones to employees) usually have its employees under the same carrier. So what if everyone is on Sprint already. They can't join the companys' framily plan.

Same stew, different smell. or in this case name.

TS 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't small businesses (that offer phones to employees) usually have its employees under the same carrier. So what if everyone is on Sprint already. They can't join the companys' framily plan.

Same stew, different smell. or in this case name.

TS 

There work phones might, but this would allow the employees, associates, friends, and family of the small business to join the business in a Framily group.

• Like 1

I assume that business accounts where ineligible for Framily before this. Now they are, thus the reason for it....

Correct previously only consumers could do framily/easypay/one up. So now we are one step closer to the end of subsidies.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am still looking on yahoo and goggle for any rumors of the subsidized phones going away all together at sprint. NO matter how i search it is not out there even in rumor. Either it is not going to happen or it is a well kept S4GU secret lol

I am still looking on yahoo and goggle for any rumors of the subsidized phones going away all together at sprint. NO matter how i search it is not out there even in rumor. Either it is not going to happen or it is a well kept S4GU secret lol

I do not think they are going to announce it. I just think one day you will not be able to get it. I think all the carriers now provide a separate finance options for buying phones. I hope this will lead to cheaper phones down the road and maybe fully unlocked phone.

• Like 2

The ETF had some limitations added by regulation over the years. No contract no ETF but you still pay the full price of the phone off. Safer for the carrier and the can also flaunt as low as $25 for unlimited talk and text.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I may have just gotten off a conference call about Framily; without breaking our NDA, I will tell you that this very thing has been very strongly hinted at, if not outright stated.

In our store, Framily is the lead offer. All the price strips (like MacinJosh posted) are for Easy Pay. If a customer wants to get a two-year agreement, we have to grab a manager (or call one if one's not available in the store), and then when finished, email our district manager explaining what objections to Framily and Easy Pay we couldn't overcome. And, even if you do want a two-year subsidized phone, all the pricing is listed on a separate flyer we have to pull out from behind the Point-of-Sale stations. So yeah, the push away from subsidizing is extremely heavy.

• Like 7

I may have just gotten off a conference call about Framily; without breaking our NDA, I will tell you that this very thing has been very strongly hinted at, if not outright stated.

In our store, Framily is the lead offer. All the price strips (like MacinJosh posted) are for Easy Pay. If a customer wants to get a two-year agreement, we have to grab a manager (or call one if one's not available in the store), and then when finished, email our district manager explaining what objections to Framily and Easy Pay we couldn't overcome. And, even if you do want a two-year subsidized phone, all the pricing is listed on a separate flyer we have to pull out from behind the Point-of-Sale stations. So yeah, the push away from subsidizing is extremely heavy.

WOW, sure am glad I upgraded phones just prior to the Jan 10th deadline and am now on Framily. Looks like a rare win in my history of mobile phone contracts. For the ultimate win though, un-subsidized phone prices have to keep going down. 

I just wish all the Sprint reps would be as well trained and up on the facts as those who post here. A friend at work wanted to switch to Framily on his 3 lines and was told because he is under contract he would have to pay an extra 15 a month, but he got his daughter the IPhone almost a year ago. Turned him off on Sprint. He is likely to switch when his contract is out.

Sent from my SPH-L900

WOW, sure am glad I upgraded phones just prior to the Jan 10th deadline and am now on Framily. Looks like a rare win in my history of mobile phone contracts. For the ultimate win though, un-subsidized phone prices have to keep going down.

They dont have to. They more than likely will a little but not much, zero precent financing on the phone bill will countinue to support phone prices, i believe anyway. I think everyone who works in the industry is glad to see subsidies go away. You want a high end phone buy one, like a tv.