Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Waiting for tomorrow to call in and get my bill fixed. They messed my bill up really insane. I even had a rep tonight tell me i had to pay $55 per line for a month or 2 till they get it fixed LOL i really did laugh at him and told him they are fixing that. Well i called him because i was NOT AWARE of them doing a MONTH IN ADVANCE???? I mean really now. The lady told me i never changed plans in 13 plus years and i have never seen it before but my bill is almost double as it shows this!

Jan 17-Feb 16-Non-Prorated Charges   (941) 585-XXXX     Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00 

Sprint Framily Plan MRC $55.00  

Framily Discount -$30.00  

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00  

Feb 17-Mar 16-New Single Plan   (941) 585-XXXX     Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00  

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00  

As you can see #1 i was charged for 2 months my current and 1 in advanced. Also on the 2nd 1 you can see they charged it $55 but forgot to take the $30 off which is what the 1st rep had the nerve to tell me that for a few cycles ill have to pay the $55 even though i am on the plan with 9 lines since the start LOL i mean really after i explained it to him in account services he said nothing he can do.

I know better then to try and get my bill fixed on a Sunday but i wanted to know about this ahead of time billing. In 14 Years with sprint and all lines are still under contract i have to pay my service ahead of time as well? sure if i leave they still get paid i understand how this works as my cable does the same thing bill ahead of time but you would think after 14 years i would not have to pay ahead as if i did leave all my lines are still under contract.

Anyway my bill is like $660 and it should be like $290 but there are other issues which ill have them take care of but WHY? do i have to pay 2x bills to start? i never seen this in ANY PRINT nor was ever told.

Thanks.

My experience moving to Framily was also less than savory. Clearly it appears they're trying to force the first month at full price to pad ARPU before it drops from the new plans. Had to call and be VERY persistent to get my first month at the correct rate. It "only" saved me $50.

Waiting for tomorrow to call in and get my bill fixed. They messed my bill up really insane. I even had a rep tonight tell me i had to pay $55 per line for a month or 2 till they get it fixed LOL i really did laugh at him and told him they are fixing that. Well i called him because i was NOT AWARE of them doing a MONTH IN ADVANCE???? I mean really now. The lady told me i never changed plans in 13 plus years and i have never seen it before but my bill is almost double as it shows this!

Jan 17-Feb 16-Non-Prorated Charges (941) 585-XXXX Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00

Framily Discount -$30.00

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00

Feb 17-Mar 16-New Single Plan (941) 585-XXXX Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00

As you can see #1 i was charged for 2 months my current and 1 in advanced. Also on the 2nd 1 you can see they charged it $55 but forgot to take the $30 off which is what the 1st rep had the nerve to tell me that for a few cycles ill have to pay the $55 even though i am on the plan with 9 lines since the start LOL i mean really after i explained it to him in account services he said nothing he can do.

I know better then to try and get my bill fixed on a Sunday but i wanted to know about this ahead of time billing. In 14 Years with sprint and all lines are still under contract i have to pay my service ahead of time as well? sure if i leave they still get paid i understand how this works as my cable does the same thing bill ahead of time but you would think after 14 years i would not have to pay ahead as if i did leave all my lines are still under contract.

Anyway my bill is like $660 and it should be like $290 but there are other issues which ill have them take care of but WHY? do i have to pay 2x bills to start? i never seen this in ANY PRINT nor was ever told.

Thanks.

I had the same problem. I called into customer care and they credited me the framily discount for the prorated part of the bill.

My experience moving to Framily was also less than savory. Clearly it appears they're trying to force the first month at full price to pad ARPU before it drops from the new plans. Had to call and be VERY persistent to get my first month at the correct rate. It "only" saved me $50.

Oh i am not worried about it i will call tomorrow when the weekday people work not the weekend know nothings. That really is no issue as ill get it taken care of but this billing me 1 month ahead is not to my liking. I had no idea my 1st bill will be almost 2x what i thought cause of ahead billing. So i do not plan to leave sprint so i would always be paid ahead when i was just always paid up.

I mean i am still on contract and when i switched to this plan nothing was ever made about this to me. Cable does this crap but a place i have been with for 14 years now wants to charge me a month ahead is not what i like.

might just be what everyone is going to now....

then if/when you do leave they have to cut a check...i dunno though...

what i do know...keep your paper work....

they had like a $1200 screw up on mine...took 4 mths to fix.....pay what you "owe" and keep it documented....

mine got fixed and then some....

just sux while its happening

Oh i am not worried about it i will call tomorrow when the weekday people work not the weekend know nothings. That really is no issue as ill get it taken care of but this billing me 1 month ahead is not to my liking. I had no idea my 1st bill will be almost 2x what i thought cause of ahead billing. So i do not plan to leave sprint so i would always be paid ahead when i was just always paid up.

I mean i am still on contract and when i switched to this plan nothing was ever made about this to me. Cable does this crap but a place i have been with for 14 years now wants to charge me a month ahead is not what i like.

You've been with Sprint for 14 years and you didn't know your bill was paid ahead? That's the way phone, cable, internet, etc bills work ... And has always been that way!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If a random customer walks in a store and is offered membership in a framily by store associates with people they dont know , how in the world is that not a giant nightmare for sprint customer service later down the road? "I dont understand why my bill went up -the local sprint store- set me up"....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I signed up for Sprint there was a big warning that displayed that explained that your bill is always for the following month and that the first bill would be double. Same thing when I signed up for AT&T, T-Mobile, and (back in the day) Cingular.

If this kind of post is frowned upon, please delete.

I've been a Sprint user for over 10 years. My wife and I live in KC and our Sprint coverage is excellent. We have no plans on leaving. My mom is also on our current ED1500 plan and she will be making the move to a (non-subsidized) Nexus 5 when we start our Framily.

We are currently at three, and have a solid 4th member waiting to join. However I would like to wait until we get to 7 before creating the Framily. If you are interested in joining a "cough...mature" Framily please pm.

Not trying to solicit or sell anything, just looking to leave the subsidized arena and would like to lock in the lowest rate as soon as we start our Framily.

Sincere thanks,

Jeff

You've been with Sprint for 14 years and you didn't know your bill was paid ahead? That's the way phone, cable, internet, etc bills work ... And has always been that way!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Umm i have been on the same plan for 13 years plus and it was never ahead when i got my bill each month it was for past service

Like last months bill was from dec 16 to jan 17th and the bill date was jan 20th and had to be paid by like the 5th of Dec so do not tell me its all billed ahead cause mine was never billed ahead or there would be no need for when my plan changed to bill me ahead DUH i mean if i was billed ahead from the past 13 years i would not have had to be billed ahead now its just common sense.

I must say today on the phone with sprint was the worst. I had a hard time getting them to credit me the 30 on each line that was charged $55. I was nice about it at 1st but the lady refused to fix it and said she will escalate it to a super! will this took the cake.

30 minutes later he called me and said you have a issue with your bill? and i explained how my lines should only be billed $25 a month cause i have 9 lines of service. He then got smart and read me the plan about $55 for the 1st line then $50 for the second line $45 for the 3rd etc etc etc. He then had the nerve to tell me that only lines 7-10 get $25 the rest of the lines have to pay 55 50 45 40 35

HE EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO SAY HOW COULD I EXPECT TO GET 9 LINES OF SERVICE FOR 25 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wELL I TOLD HIM I WAS GLAD THE CALL WAS RECORDED cause i went off on him. He was being a smart ass at 1st but then was so totally clueless. PLEASE i really need to work there. I am so tired of knowing more about sprint then even lead account managers there.

Can you imagine him tell me only lines 7-10 get it for $25 the rest will have to pay 55 45 40 etc. I told him what if all 9 of us were alone who would decide who pays 55 and who pays 25? he then said it would go by who signed up 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that the people who sign up 7-10 are the ones who get it for $25 I FINALLY ENDED THE CALL WITH IF THIS IS REALLY RECORED please take this guys job as being a esculation manager cause he does not deserve it and i hung up and called back.

Sprint wants to know why people who have been with them for 14 years leave? all you got to do is talk to this account manager who is lucky to have a high paying job and be clueless at the same time.

They can delete this anytime they want but there was nothing in this that was a lie or a reach.;

This was a lead account manager who calls you back 30 minutes later. He should know at least as much as me.

If it was a account rep that is 1 thing but not a esculation manager who calls you when all else fails.

• Like 1

I must say today on the phone with sprint was the worst. I had a hard time getting them to credit me the 30 on each line that was charged $55. I was nice about it at 1st but the lady refused to fix it and said she will escalate it to a super! will this took the cake.

30 minutes later he called me and said you have a issue with your bill? and i explained how my lines should only be billed $25 a month cause i have 9 lines of service. He then got smart and read me the plan about $55 for the 1st line then $50 for the second line $45 for the 3rd etc etc etc. He then had the nerve to tell me that only lines 7-10 get $25 the rest of the lines have to pay 55 50 45 40 35

HE EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO SAY HOW COULD I EXPECT TO GET 9 LINES OF SERVICE FOR 25 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wELL I TOLD HIM I WAS GLAD THE CALL WAS RECORDED cause i went off on him. He was being a smart ass at 1st but then was so totally clueless. PLEASE i really need to work there. I am so tired of knowing more about sprint then even lead account managers there.

Can you imagine him tell me only lines 7-10 get it for $25 the rest will have to pay 55 45 40 etc. I told him what if all 9 of us were alone who would decide who pays 55 and who pays 25? he then said it would go by who signed up 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that the people who sign up 7-10 are the ones who get it for $25 I FINALLY ENDED THE CALL WITH IF THIS IS REALLY RECORED please take this guys job as being a esculation manager cause he does not deserve it and i hung up and called back.

Sprint wants to know why people who have been with them for 14 years leave? all you got to do is talk to this account manager who is lucky to have a high paying job and be clueless at the same time.

Wow I'm surprised this is still here. Staff must be sleeping...

Honestly if the rep doesn't know what they are doing simply hang up and try again.

And why would you rant to us?  Do you think we can do anything about it?  First off, don't go all crazy.  Secondly, if you bring this up on Sprint Forums a rep might actually be able to help you.

Wow I'm surprised this is still here. Staff must be sleeping...

Honestly if the rep doesn't know what they are doing simply hang up and try again.

They can delete it if they want but everything i said was true. How can a last in line account manager the person who is the lead of that department be that clueless?H It is the guy you get switched to when the account manager can't fix your problem. He is the supposed last in line guy.,

And what of people who upgrade at a preferred retailer? Also, cmon, you're saying a Sprint customer should find some memo posted online and hold a company accountable to it. The most important thing to a customer is transparency. This isn't very transparent. I've been a member here a long time and got a credit for my account but the fact of the matter remains this isn't doing Sprint any favors.

Also, for the record, I brought over 2 co-workers to my plan from Verizon. First off, we had to drive 45 minutes to get to a store that would move the accounts to Framily due to Shentel not participating. Then, one of the accounts got listed as being under a 24 month contract when they had brought their own device. Lastly, I moved my account with 4 lines on the same day 2 more were added to my Framily. My bill was cut 3 days later for the full $55/month. The billing system had all the pertinent information of the number of lines on my plan but a "glitch" caused it to cut the full bill? I do not think so. I work with software for a living, this is no glitch. This is padding ARPU before the fall.

I work with software for a living, this is no glitch. This is padding ARPU before the fall.

Nope.  To paraphrase a well known axiom, do not attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

You can believe whatever you want.  But do not make scandalous accusations that you cannot prove.  S4GRU is not going to host those.  And I think just about everyone can agree to that.

AJ

• Like 2

Im just trying to help you all out and not let you get screwed over by temp workers and outsourced call centers. Also i cant control where you live and what Shentel will and will not do.

I agree and this is nothing against you personally. I had great hope due to your memo that this wouldn't be an issue. Glitch or not, the most important thing is transparency as I said and I wish Sprint would take a simpler approach to billing. Customers just want to know my bill will cost $X. For the new lines I brought over (new customers from VZ), it's not positive to see your first month billed at the incorrect rate, can we not agree on that?

Go ahead.  Leave.  Get a representative sample, and you will find more of the same customer service from other national providers.

Face it.  These front line jobs suck.  They do not attract talented people who want to work in the wireless industry.  The workers are just trying to make ends meet in unsatisfying jobs.  You may be better informed than they are.  Fine.  You may have to do a bit of work to point out that info.  Fine.  Get used to it.

Now, as to your post, you are more and more becoming a malcontent in The Forums.  We know that you are apparently not happy with the retirement of contract subsidy plans.  But we do not host Sprint rants.  Read the rules.

AJ

• Like 4