Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

I agree with the above. I've seen it mentioned earlier in the thread that Sprint is aware of the billing "issue" and advising reps to credit accounts but this does NOT appear to be true. It's pretty underhanded.

Just want to weigh in on software for a minute if I may. Software often has terrible design or coding errors in it. Everyone is not as careful or skilled as you and I may be. That does not necessarily make it intentional. Just my 2 cents.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Just want to weigh in on software for a minute if I may. Software often has terrible design or coding errors in it. Everyone is not as careful or skilled as you and I may be. That does not necessarily make it intentional. Just my 2 cents.

Large companies, especially those dealing with retail and e-commerce, have teams of testers who's sole responsibility is to make sure things like this do not go live. You cannot test every angle due to the v.p.'s wanting quick turnaround (the cost of time is too great), but something that has an effect on a majority of situations making it out is unacceptable . Add to that the poor communication and you have part of why Sprint has the reputation it does.

This situation, plus the fact my bill will go up until I hit 6+ in my framily, is why I haven't made the switch from my current plan. I know I will need to sometime in the near future, but I am holding out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

There is nothing underhanded its the fucking outsourcing. We were all sent this memo weeks ago.

In store we fix this daily, skip care and a get a rep, build a relationship and he will take care of you. I go out of my way to be the first line of contact with my customers that repeatedly work with with me and make appointments.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393286758737.jpg

The problem with my local stores they do not do billing LOL they will sell you a phone even fix but if you mention billing they say call *2

Go ahead.  Leave.  Get a representative sample, and you will find more of the same customer service from other national providers.

Face it.  These front line jobs suck.  They do not attract talented people who want to work in the wireless industry.  The workers are just trying to make ends meet in unsatisfying jobs.  You may be better informed than they are.  Fine.  You may have to do a bit of work to point out that info.  Fine.  Get used to it.

Now, as to your post, you are more and more becoming a malcontent in The Forums.  We know that you are apparently not happy with the retirement of contract subsidy plans.  But we do not host Sprint rants.  Read the rules.

AJ

I expect it from a customer service rep. I know many of them are not up to speed but we are talking about calling account services which is the last place before you leave then talk to a manager and that person tells you to hang up and in 30 minutes a Lead account supervisor  will get back to you in 30 minutes.

Its not about the $30 credit i can see them getting that wrong. But this guy had the nerve to tell me there is noway you are getting 9 lines at $25 each that it goes 55 50 45 40 35 30 then 25 for lines 7-10 (only) and when i told him he was wrong he told me let me let me read it to you. He even got smart about it and he was a lead who must live in the north pole to say to me how can you think you are going to get 9 lines of service at $25 per

Large companies, especially those dealing with retail and e-commerce, have teams of testers who's sole responsibility is to make sure things like this do not go live. You cannot test every angle due to the v.p.'s wanting quick turnaround (the cost of time is too great), but something that has an effect on a majority of situations making it out is unacceptable . Add to that the poor communication and you have part of why Sprint has the reputation it does.

This situation, plus the fact my bill will go up until I hit 6+ in my framily, is why I haven't made the switch from my current plan. I know I will need to sometime in the near future, but I am holding out.

True. I have had to go in and fix many systems that were installed wrong and I imagine that you have also. Most have not been intentional, just carelessness or incompetence.

And what of people who upgrade at a preferred retailer? Also, cmon, you're saying a Sprint customer should find some memo posted online and hold a company accountable to it. The most important thing to a customer is transparency. This isn't very transparent. I've been a member here a long time and got a credit for my account but the fact of the matter remains this isn't doing Sprint any favors.

Well look, I know for a fact att is having the same issues with people that switch to their new value plans and I'll bet vzw is having the same issues. When they (all of the carriers) decided to play we charge you one thing but give you a credit and then not give people who changed plans a prorated credit they where asking for a bad customer experience but that is what they all decided to do. So calling and getting them to credit your account is all you can do.

Well after the 4th call today i talked to someone finally who had a little clue lol but she STILL WOULD NOT CREDIT ME she said they are aware of it and that bills will correct over the next week. Well i doubt 99% my bill which printed is going to by some magic change and drop $270 for 9 lines. I mean what if i paid today? then i guess it would be a credit. But as i always do i have them note my account and the lady gave me a reference number to her note she put in my account.

I always have them note my account cause if it is not noted then it never happened. Anyway anyone really believe this will change by its self?

Jan 17-Feb 16-Non-Prorated Charges    

(941) XXX XXXX     Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00  

Sprint Framily Plan MRC $55.00

Framily Discount -$30.00

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00

========================================================================

Feb 17-Mar 16-New Single Plan   (941) xxx xxxx    

Sprint Framily Plan - Unlimited Talk & Text $0.00  

Sprint Framily Plan MRC $55.00   Minutes - NIGHTS STARTING AT 6PM $0.00   

1GB 3G/4G Data $0.00  

As you can see 1 month is fine of the bill but the other is not. Anyone really think i am going to see this change without them doing it manually? i think she was just being lazy cause she used the excuse that she was told not to issue the credit cause then the system will and ill get double -30 lol yeah okay i have swamp to sell too :)

There is nothing underhanded its the fucking outsourcing. We were all sent this memo weeks ago.

In store we fix this daily, skip care and a get a rep, build a relationship and he will take care of you. I go out of my way to be the first line of contact with my customers that repeatedly work with with me and make appointments.

thanks Rocket for the post of the picture cause i read the whole thing to her word for word where it says to manually give the credit but she still would not do it.she said it it is not fixed by 2 days before i pay my bill to call up and reference the # i gave her. She still claims they were told not to credit yet cause the system is going to credit it soon and i would double dip by having her do it and the system lol So she did note my account if not done in a week or 10 days to call up and reference her number and they will do it. I still think she was being lazy :)

• Like 1

This part is no joke....I seriously doubt a memo went out to the call centers, telling them to screw the custys when they call.....they simply do not get it...

And what of people who upgrade at a preferred retailer? Also, cmon, you're saying a Sprint customer should find some memo posted online and hold a company accountable to it. The most important thing to a customer is transparency. This isn't very transparent. I've been a member here a long time and got a credit for my account but the fact of the matter remains this isn't doing Sprint any favors.

And I didnt think this was out to retailers yet???  or am i wrong??

Go ahead.  Leave.  Get a representative sample, and you will find more of the same customer service from other national providers.

Face it.  These front line jobs suck.  They do not attract talented people who want to work in the wireless industry.  The workers are just trying to make ends meet in unsatisfying jobs.  You may be better informed than they are.  Fine.  You may have to do a bit of work to point out that info.  Fine.  Get used to it.

Now, as to your post, you are more and more becoming a malcontent in The Forums.  We know that you are apparently not happy with the retirement of contract subsidy plans.  But we do not host Sprint rants.  Read the rules.

AJ

As he said, get a rep, or get someone in the store that knows what they are doing....hell walk around and listen in on their sales pitches, you can figure out who knows what...

and yes we get the same crap from dish companies, or internet, or any damn utility not over saw by the gov...  just depends on what you want to put up with

The problem is those 10% that they cant account for in their testing......then it snow balls because they can fix the 90% just not the 10% which makes things suck.......

cuz i always fall in the 10% :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

The problem with my local stores they do not do billing LOL they will sell you a phone even fix but if you mention billing they say call *2

thats what they are there for are to dial the *2 and talk to them while you are there....

Bottom line fix it this way....

PAY WHAT YOU KNOW YOU OWE, AND DOCUMENT IT.....  the credits will come, just wait for it...

and figure out how to get a rep.....even though they can screw shit up to  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:   which is why i am going to a store with a mgr who I KNOW WILL MAKE IT WORK RIGHT....screw the emails...i want face to face that this shit is done....

oh on a side note......that senior rep guy....was getting the unlimited my way confused with the framily...  Because thats how it worked ....except is was 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20....with the $30 add on for unlimited....

so now you know....because i would have been all up in him for screwing up the 2 plans......guaranteed thats what happened 

So I learned wading through all this belly aching is that my bill will be too much and nobody will want to fix it. Cool. :P Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

haha no not really just a pain to get it done. I mean it is really hard when a account manager tells you to wait and the credits will come rather then her just fix it. They must have been told to not do them over the phone or something cause she did admit i was right but used the excuse the system will fix it for you. I have no doubt the system will get fixed but i doubt they go back to bills that have printed and are due now and fix them.

I mean if someone goes ahead and pays there bill now if it is due in a week or so i doubt sprint is going to go in older bills and just give you the credit.

As its been stated you just have to hang up and keep calling till you get someone who either knows what is going on or at least like mine last night noted my account if it is not fixed in the next 10 days for me to call back.

ok so here is an update to my attempts......and if you are a corp acct...pay attention

if you fall under the corp discount of the 17%, for which sprint gives you (kinda like a co-op of sorts for businesses) 

Then you cant join framily....because there are no discounts.....ok thats fine.....BUT IT WONT RELEASE YOU FROM THAT "SETUP" EITHER.....

So i had to put a call into a lady that helped fix the last big mess....and she is checking on how to get me released from that particular grouping....

Its a new setup, and they are still working the kinks out.....and i am use to screw ups, because i always want to jump in to the latest and greatest....so i am use to the hiccups....

i will report back my findings, in case there are any other corp acct people out there

Yea some one fucked up. Corp business accounts were never allowed. Only general business type accounts with no corp discount. There was a whole section of last weeks playbook on it for all employees.

and i havent read the "fine print" on the flyer....does it say it on there???

and whats the difference between the 2??  do you know??

ohhh and to many choices in their system.....

i am thinking (and maybe they are doing it)  that they need to go back to the KISS method and trim some of that shit out

ok well i got a executive call back tonight...not to bad considering close to end of business day....

And someone in the brain trust of this whole framily BUSINESS side of things, needs an ass kicking :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored: 

basically...it is as follows....oh not counting business types...which i get that part...BUT

oh hey invite your family and spouses, and associates etc....BUT YOU GOTTA STOP AT 10!!!!

and as nice as this lady was....she couldnt figure out i was trying to explain a tree of sorts...have the CORRECT business type, give them one number, and allow them some set number of lines that were already allowed earlier..  

For me it was 30.....well allow me to have 3 groups of 10 under 1 number, and assign separate numbers  signaling they are a sub of the main number....NOT THAT HARD!!!!

so now I am back to square 1....which is personal lines...which ok its fine whatever...(though i hear they only allow 3-5 for like the 1st 3 mths :wall:  :wall: )

I swear if i dinky carpet cleaner such as myself can figure it out...why cant these guys that went to school and make all this money???

Sigh, try to bring them business, and more lines, and they look at me goofy :twitch:  :twitch:  :twitch:  :twitch:

I must say today on the phone with sprint was the worst. I had a hard time getting them to credit me the 30 on each line that was charged $55. I was nice about it at 1st but the lady refused to fix it and said she will escalate it to a super! will this took the cake.

30 minutes later he called me and said you have a issue with your bill? and i explained how my lines should only be billed $25 a month cause i have 9 lines of service. He then got smart and read me the plan about $55 for the 1st line then $50 for the second line $45 for the 3rd etc etc etc. He then had the nerve to tell me that only lines 7-10 get $25 the rest of the lines have to pay 55 50 45 40 35

HE EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO SAY HOW COULD I EXPECT TO GET 9 LINES OF SERVICE FOR 25 EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wELL I TOLD HIM I WAS GLAD THE CALL WAS RECORDED cause i went off on him. He was being a smart ass at 1st but then was so totally clueless. PLEASE i really need to work there. I am so tired of knowing more about sprint then even lead account managers there.

Can you imagine him tell me only lines 7-10 get it for $25 the rest will have to pay 55 45 40 etc. I told him what if all 9 of us were alone who would decide who pays 55 and who pays 25? he then said it would go by who signed up 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that the people who sign up 7-10 are the ones who get it for $25 I FINALLY ENDED THE CALL WITH IF THIS IS REALLY RECORED please take this guys job as being a esculation manager cause he does not deserve it and i hung up and called back.

Sprint wants to know why people who have been with them for 14 years leave? all you got to do is talk to this account manager who is lucky to have a high paying job and be clueless at the same time.

They can delete this anytime they want but there was nothing in this that was a lie or a reach.;

This was a lead account manager who calls you back 30 minutes later. He should know at least as much as me.

If it was a account rep that is 1 thing but not a esculation manager who calls you when all else fails.

So glad to see posts like this so others know what kinds of mess-ups to likely expect. Sorry you had problems.

By the end of tomorrow my Framily will be full! It's great to know Sprint employees who help you in one store in the past, and now help you again.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I feel bad for you, son.  I got 99 problems, but your Framily bitch ain't one.

The customer service complaints need to stop.  They violate the rules.  No one wants to hear your Framily plan problems any more than to see your painfully slow speed tests.  If you require resolution, direct your issues to Sprint, not S4GRU.

AJ

• Like 12

So only fast speed tests are allowed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We know that the old sites are slow. We know that in process sites can be slow. Why would you post it? That is just "dog bites man". Big deal.

We want to know when it is getting better. That is what this site is about. We don't come on here to find a better carrier or read about how awful sprint has been. We know that already. We want to track the progress ... trying to anticipate when "my" location will have great service.

• Like 5

We know that the old sites are slow. We know that in process sites can be slow. Why would you post it? That is just "dog bites man". Big deal.

We want to know when it is getting better. That is what this site is about. We don't come on here to find a better carrier or read about how awful sprint has been. We know that already. We want to track the progress ... trying to anticipate when "my" location will have great service.

My comment was mistaken. If I would post something like that it would be from a strong LTE connection to try to diagnose what's going on. And I thought it was kinda weird to point that out in the middle of people bitching about their billing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk